Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How hot

Started by Granny fan, January 15, 2018, 06:26:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Granny fan

Is Mike Anderson's seat?

hogwood

You should make this into a poll.

I would say that in all actuality his seat is medium low.

BannerMountainMan

Ehh the first 3 or 4 polls was enough, enjoy the season
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hobhog

He is fine unless we continue the slide and don't make the Madness.

No one seems to ever post what his buyout is, so  there is that. People were blasting out Coach B's all year long.....

Fan701

Quote from: Granny fan on January 15, 2018, 06:26:10 pm
Is Mike Anderson's seat?
Geez, haven't we had enough of this?  Look, if we keep losing, if the team keeps looking the way it has the last two weeks, he might well be gone.  If we start winning again, which wouldn't surprise me too much, he'll be our coach again next year.  Is there really any more to say at this point?  Isn't it that way for every coach?  If you win enough you get to stick around.  Lose too much and you're gone.

1highhog

razorback1829

January 15, 2018, 06:49:39 pm #6 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:04:28 pm by razorback1829
Is Mike Anderson's seat?

That's a very frosty seat.

Sivad

Can't fire ole Mike Anderson. No way we rekindle the Nolan apocalyptic rage against the University of Arkansas.
His seat is, and will forever be, cold as ice.

3of5-2

I believe it's warmer than most will admit to.

Wild Bill Hog

26.2Hog

hoghappy

He won't be fired at the end of the season. Hunter Y is the wild card. We know Long would not fire him unless forced to.

HogBreath

We should be really good next year or maybe the next year or the year after that for sure.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

AflacHawg

In two months in all probability it will be hotter than a well digger's ass on the 4th of July.

labb

"We should be really good next year" based on incoming Freshmen who are not top in the nation 5 stars.  I go an old retired High School Coach friend that once said on the profession of being a coach...How would you like to know that your review is based on the performance of 16/17 yr. old girls. (He coached the girls and boys teams). Bout the same as betting the farm on incoming Freshmen.

There are some that having been hoping that M.A. would be fired every since he has been here. Hasn't happened yet and not likely to happen now.

VirginiaHog

hulk hog

The only way it get's warm is if we don't make the tournament.  We are 2 plays from being 0-5 in the conference but managed to pull a couple out. This league is pretty even and if we don't completely collapse our RPI should get us in.  No matter though, as long a Mike is here last years performance is probably our ceiling.  Top quarter of the conference, second round of the NCAA. Yes, Yes ... I know its better than Heath or Pelprey for the 100th time and if that's all you want he's your guy.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Breems

Quote from: Fan701 on January 15, 2018, 06:36:36 pm
Geez, haven't we had enough of this?  Look, if we keep losing, if the team keeps looking the way it has the last two weeks, he might well be gone.  If we start winning again, which wouldn't surprise me too much, he'll be our coach again next year.  Is there really any more to say at this point?  Isn't it that way for every coach?  If you win enough you get to stick around.  Lose too much and you're gone.

I think the NCAA should implement a coach exchange program.

In this system, you would fire coaches after losses and hire the next available coach from the free agent pool. Want to trade Mike Anderson for Bill Self? Simply wait for Arkansas and Kansas to lose a game in the same week and hope Self is next in the pool. Dana Altman has you on a 5-game win streak? Give him a $3 mil, 10-year contract extension until he loses.

I think this suits today's fans very well. I'm off to apply for Shark Tank.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Breems on January 15, 2018, 08:02:43 pm

In this system, you would fire coaches after losses and hire the next available coach from the free agent pool. Want to trade Mike Anderson for Bill Self? Simply wait for Arkansas and Kansas to lose a game in the same week and hope Self is next in the pool. Dana Altman has you on a 5-game win streak? Give him a $3 mil contract extension until he loses.

😂😂😂
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

ParkerSchnabel

What ? Is this serious ? Only team to beat Oklahoma this year. Took UNC to the wire but was screwed by the officials in the NCAA tourney last year. Has had a top ten RPI at one point this season already and is currently IN THE NCAA according to many experts. His recruiting has improved and incoming classes are among some of the best since he got here.

So the kids stopped moving the ball, got screwed by the zebras at Mistake. And we lost a couple we shouldn't have. It happens. It happens to coach K. It happens to Tom Izzo. But for some reason the coach who is once again packing the seats in at the Bud and has us back in the top 25 again should be on the hot seat ?

Some of you are total and complete morons. I hope thats not breaking any rules. I wasn't specific with my insult. But geez. Hey lets bring back John Failfrey or Stan Heath. That would be fun !!! This doesn't have anything to do with nostalgia and Nolan. Stop saying that. You make yourself look like an imbecile.

Its about winning. And right now Mike gives us the best chance for that. Eddie Sutton isn't walking through that door. And even if he did I have no doubt he'd crawl to Kentucky soon after. Mike loves it here. And is winning here. Shut up.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 15, 2018, 08:06:34 pm
What ? Is this serious ? Only team to beat Oklahoma this year. Took UNC to the wire but was screwed by the officials in the NCAA tourney last year. Has had a top ten RPI at one point this season already and is currently IN THE NCAA according to many experts. His recruiting has improved and incoming classes are among some of the best since he got here.

So the kids stopped moving the ball, got screwed by the zebras at Mistake. And we lost a couple we shouldn't have. It happens. It happens to coach K. It happens to Tom Izzo. But for some reason the coach who is once again packing the seats in at the Bud and has us back in the top 25 again should be on the hot seat ?

Some of you are total and complete morons. I hope thats not breaking any rules. I wasn't specific with my insult. But geez. Hey lets bring back John Failfrey or Stan Heath. That would be fun !!! This doesn't have anything to do with nostalgia and Nolan. Stop saying that. You make yourself look like an imbecile.

Its about winning. And right now Mike gives us the best chance for that. Eddie Sutton isn't walking through that door. And even if he did I have no doubt he'd crawl to Kentucky soon after. Mike loves it here. And is winning here. Shut up.

Yawn.

hobhog

You have a very selective memory. But glad you are happy.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: hobhog on January 15, 2018, 08:16:58 pm

Selective ? We were clearly screwed by the refs against UNC last year. And at Miss St this year. Nothing selective about that. I am happy. Did I say Mike is perfect ? Nope. For some reason every year we aren't ready for how physical SEC play is.... But do I prefer called plays over a motion offense ? No freaking way. I played the game. Frankly I was all state and all conference. I played point. I played for both types of coaches. And for my money. Once you get that motion offense clicking. Its very hard to stop.

And let me add. Everyone is looking at what Mike returned this year. But few are thinking about all of the new faces in the two deep on a team that wants to run. Patience. We will get there.

3of5-2

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 15, 2018, 08:24:58 pm
Selective ? We were clearly screwed by the refs against UNC last year. And at Miss St this year. Nothing selective about that. I am happy. Did I say Mike is perfect ? Nope. For some reason every year we aren't ready for how physical SEC play is.... But do I prefer called plays over a motion offense ? No freaking way. I played the game. Frankly I was all state and all conference. I played point. I played for both types of coaches. And for my money. Once you get that motion offense clicking. Its very hard to stop.
Were all state before you were all conference, or the other way around?

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 15, 2018, 08:26:42 pm
Were all state before you were all conference, or the other way around?

Back when I played. We were voted for conference honors and played in a state game.

HogBreath

Oh goodness no, we don't want Pelphrey back, maybe we should just stay the course with Coach Mike and his exciting, fast 40 system.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

3of5-2

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 15, 2018, 08:28:25 pm
Back when I played. We were voted for conference honors and played in a state game.
So you were one and done in the state tournament.

20gauge

This program isn't where it should be period. 7 years in folks. If the play doesn't improve from what it's been since we hit conference play and we somehow miss the tourney. That will be a bad finish no matter who we beat to start the season.

Yeah MA has his best class coming in. Not a program saver in the bunch unless there is a diamond in the rough so to say. So another 2/3 years at least developing players. So approaching close to 10 years and possibly on 3 tourney appearances in that span. I base that on is being Freshman heavy and the improvement of the league

Justifiable Hogicide

Arkansas won't ever fire NolAnderson.
We knew that when the hire was made.

razorback1829

Quote from: hobhog on January 15, 2018, 08:16:58 pm

No he's right, y'all are morons. Clear as day.

HogBreath

Quote from: 20gauge on January 15, 2018, 08:41:57 pm
This program isn't where it should be period. 7 years in folks. If the play doesn't improve from what it's been since we hit conference play and we somehow miss the tourney. That will be a bad finish no matter who we beat to start the season.

Yeah MA has his best class coming in. Not a program saver in the bunch unless there is a diamond in the rough so to say. So another 2/3 years at least developing players. So approaching close to 10 years and possibly on 3 tourney appearances in that span. I base that on is being Freshman heavy and the improvement of the league
Yeah, we got some great classes of recruits lined up, but we couldn't expect them to learn all the countless nuances of the beloved fast 40 system in less than 2-3 seasons.  That system is very complicated.

We just need to be patient and give Mike time to get his players in here.

Mike will get it fixed!

Eventually.

hog47

Quote from: Fan701 on January 15, 2018, 06:36:36 pm
Have to agree 100% with him.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Breems on January 15, 2018, 08:02:43 pm

In this system, you would fire coaches after losses and hire the next available coach from the free agent pool. Want to trade Mike Anderson for Bill Self? Simply wait for Arkansas and Kansas to lose a game in the same week and hope Self is next in the pool. Dana Altman has you on a 5-game win streak? Give him a $3 mil, 10-year contract extension until he loses.

The Airbnb market for multimillion dollar homes would go through the roof.

1highhog

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 15, 2018, 07:01:23 pm
I believe it's warmer than most will admit to.

Nope.  Cold as a well diggers shovel.  I was against hiring Mike from the get go and this was the reason why.  I knew that we could never get rid of him and we can't, the folks that wanted him hired, 90% of hogville, have got what they wanted.  Now, many want him gone but it will not happen until Mike rstires.

razorback1829

Quote from: 1highhog on January 15, 2018, 09:02:20 pm
Nope.  Cold as a well diggers shovel.  I was against hiring Mike from the get go and this was the reason why.  I knew that we could never get rid of him and we can't, the folks that wanted him hired, 90% of hogville, have got what they wanted.  Now, many want him gone but it will not happen until Mike rstires.

So we should end this thread before it gets started for a week.

razorpimp

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

forrest city joe

Is Mike Anderson's seat?
Not hot at all. Mike Anderson will be coach here for years to come. unless he leaves for another job.the program is in great hands.

3of5-2

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 15, 2018, 09:28:23 pm
Not hot at all. Mike Anderson will be coach here for years to come. unless he leaves for another job.the program is in great hands.
Welcome back Joe. Glad you got over the flu.

hulk hog

Speaking of morons....

First of all we are comparing Coach K and Tom Izzo losing a game to Mike losing a game?  One of those things don't belong.  Give me a break. Two of them have multiple Final Fours, Conference Championships, National Championships and Top 10 rankings year in and out. I think that might get them a pass. In 16 seasons Mike has tied for 1 conference championship at UAB and has 1 Elite Eight at Mizzou.   

and now for the 101st time... oh no, oh no if we fire Mike we are going back to Heath and Pelphrey. That's a statement made by an imbecile. I mean do you even remember why we ended up with both of them?

Why wouldn't Mike love it here...he gets paid like a top 25 coach and all his shortcomings have been blamed on everything but coaching and poor recruiting. It's the previous regime leaving the program decimated, or not realizing players were going pro or referees are biased against us on the road blah, blah,blah...

Eddie ain't walking through that door, but if say someone like Fred Hoiberg would, I'm all in.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Davidr295

:puke:

golfinpig

7 years and still no true point guard. 7 years and we still run a full court press that causes very few to's and has us chasing the ball up the court. 7 years and we still can't draw up a decent end of game play. It is not going to change. Mike is a one trick pony who can't recruit. The sudden rise in homegrown talent will probably save his job, I just hope it won't be wasted with a mediocre coach.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

golfinpig

Quote from: hulk hog on January 15, 2018, 09:42:25 pm
Speaking of morons....

First of all we are comparing Coach K and Tom Izzo losing a game to Mike losing a game?  One of those things don't belong.  Give me a break. Two of them have multiple Final Fours, Conference Championships, National Championships and Top 10 rankings year in and out. I think that might get them a pass. In 16 seasons Mike has tied for 1 conference championship at UAB and has 1 Elite Eight at Mizzou.   

and now for the 101st time... oh no, oh no if we fire Mike we are going back to Heath and Pelphrey. That's a statement made by an imbecile. I mean do you even remember why we ended up with both of them?

Why wouldn't Mike love it here...he gets paid like a top 25 coach and all his shortcomings have been blamed on everything but coaching and poor recruiting. It's the previous regime leaving the program decimated, or not realizing players were going pro or referees are biased against us on the road blah, blah,blah...

Eddie ain't walking through that door, but if say someone like Fred Hoiberg would, I'm all in.
Excellent post. Mike had a modicum of success at Missouri using his friends kids and now we seem stuck with him. I never understood the overwhelming desire to hire him.

3of5-2

Quote from: hogsanity on January 15, 2018, 09:59:03 pm
correct

correct

correct

INCORRECT
Four for four. Batting 1.000

3kgthog

Quote from: hobhog on January 15, 2018, 06:30:37 pm
He is fine unless we continue the slide and don't make the Madness.

No one seems to ever post what his buyout is, so  there is that. People were blasting out Coach B's all year long.....

I posted it just the other day. $1 mil no matter when he gets canned.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: golfinpig on January 15, 2018, 09:48:29 pm
7 years and still no true point guard. 7 years and we still run a full court press that causes very few to's and has us chasing the ball up the court. 7 years and we still can't draw up a decent end of game play. It is not going to change. Mike is a one trick pony who can't recruit. The sudden rise in homegrown talent will probably save his job, I just hope it won't be wasted with a mediocre coach.
Reggie Chaney? One of the top recruits in Texas, Keyshawn Embery? one of the top recruits in Oklahoma

East Clintwood

Quote from: 1highhog on January 15, 2018, 06:42:18 pm
Cold as and iceberg.

If Jeffy was still here, I'd agree.  With the new guy, who knows?

It should be pretty damn warm.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

pigture perfect

Quote from: hogsanity on January 15, 2018, 09:59:03 pm
correct

correct

correct

INCORRECT
I. Agree. Not in great hands. Just good hands.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

daprospecta

What I find funny is the target keeps moving.  At first it was, "Mike does not make the tourney often enough", now the new narrative is "He never makes it past the round of 32". I seriously want to know what you guys expect from a coach year in and out.  I will admit that I am tired of these lapses we had the last two years but we are also solidly in the field the last two years and anything can happen. If you think you can go find a coach that will have you in the sweet 16 every year, I want what you are drinking.

BassinHawg

WRONG! Maybe another year but not Years!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"