Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daniel Bryan to retire from WWE effective immediately

Started by Razorbackwarrior79, February 08, 2016, 04:00:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackwarrior79

Daniel Bryan posted on Twitter that he is retiring from the WWE effective immediately. Also states that he will be appearing on RAW tonight to further explain. HUGE loss for WWE and it seems the hits just keep on coming in the locker room. Hell half the roster is out currently with "significant" injuries.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye-on-sports/25477626/daniel-bryan-says-he-will-retire-from-wwe-announces-raw-appearance

Eddie Goodson

It is the WWE's fault he is not wrestling. He has been cleared by independent doctors to wrestle but the WWE doctors won't clear him. He is only retiring because the WWE is going to pay him well to retire. They absolutely do not want him walking away and turning up in TNA, NJPW, or back in ROH.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hvsupastar

I honestly don't know what to make of this.  Its so weird.  Its like WWE just does not want him to be the top guy and they know that he will be if he wrestles.  Even with the thinnest roster in wrestlemania history, they won't clear him.  I don't know, I'd like to believe its in the best interest of his health, but I don't.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

The_Iceman

Bryan said that a more recent test of his brain showed damage he was not previously aware of. If true, I completely understand why he backed away. Tons of concussions aren't good, football has shown that.

hvsupastar

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 09, 2016, 12:19:02 pm
Bryan said that a more recent test of his brain showed damage he was not previously aware of. If true, I completely understand why he backed away. Tons of concussions aren't good, football has shown that.

I agree.  I think its odd that this most recent test comes out the same day that he reportedly asked for his release.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Eddie Goodson

i don't buy any of it. I believe he has been told he is done in WWE and he will sit on contract for the extended period of time just like Mysterio and he is stuck. I think he is being given extra money to do this.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

HogHeaven2001

He was on Sportscenter last night doing a interview with the Coach. He said that his recent test showed brain damage where he was having small seizures that he had not shared with anyone. He had kept putting it off because he wanted to return to wrestling until that showed up on the test!

The_Iceman

Quote from: HogHeaven2001 on February 10, 2016, 08:37:56 am
He was on Sportscenter last night doing a interview with the Coach. He said that his recent test showed brain damage where he was having small seizures that he had not shared with anyone. He had kept putting it off because he wanted to return to wrestling until that showed up on the test!

If true, it is sad what his body has gone through.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 10, 2016, 10:23:50 am
If true, it is sad what his body has gone through.

The human body is not meat to do what these guys do for long periods of time. I still think it is just a matter of time until a WWE main roster talent is killed in the ring. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogHeaven2001

Yeah it is sad, He will be able to train others, but got taken away from the spotlight right when he got on top.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.