Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm with Coach B

Started by razorjack12, August 23, 2014, 10:43:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjack12

I'm sorry, but I like the guy.

I like his swagger.

I like his willingness to be opinionated in an age of politically correct coach speak.

I like his unflinching belief in his football philosophy in the face of critics who say it won't work.

I'm no sunshine pumper.  And if at some point it becomes obvious that Coach B can't get the job done, then I will be the first to admit that its time for a change.

But until then, I think Arkansas fans should mute their criticism of Coach B.   Lets give the guy 3-5 years to see what he can do.

Batesville Hogfan

Quote from: razorjack12 on August 23, 2014, 10:43:16 pm

I like his swagger.

I like his willingness to be opinionated in an age of politically correct coach speak.

I like his unflinching belief in his football philosophy in the face of critics who say it won't work.

I'm no sunshine pumper.  And if at some point it becomes obvious that Coach B can't get the job done, then I will be the first to admit that its time for a change.

But until then, I think Arkansas fans should mute their criticism of Coach B.   Lets give the guy 3-5 years to see what he can do.
Great post! I agree 100%. He is building a foundation for the long haul.

PorkRinds

Danimal

Hawgey-Davidson

I like his swagger.

No need to apologize. I like him too. Great things coming. Cant wait for kick off saturday. 1-0!  Go Hogs!

hawaiianhogster

The way coach is doing it every year they will get better to the point where there will be less down years as before and reloading from when he gets his players at all positions.

LZH

Bacon_Bitz

I agree.  Bret is my bro.  Love coach.

Sooie71923

I stand with Coach B, 100%

Hogs7672

I agree 100%

What if we had the social media we have today in 1958. We hired a coach that had one year experience and was 5-4-1 at Missouri, lost his first six games...including Tulsa, TCU and Rice.....

That obviously worked out OK.....I get the same feeling with this guy.

hawaiianhogster

When I hear coach B speak I hear of great things to come. He knows what he is doing and will do it right the first time. He did it in the Big Ten and will do it in the SEC even though it may take longer to get there than in the Big Ten.

The evidence will be played out on the field. I will give him and his team of assistant coaches my 100 percent support. As long as they continue to move forward I will stay positive in my thoughts about him. 3 years is enough time to see what direction he will take us.

This is year two and it hasn't started yet.

mckinneyhog5

More people will jump on the bandwagon after this year.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

greenie

If he gets fired anytime soon, he sure won't leave the cupboard bare. This is the best recruiting effort I've ever seen in Fayetteville. I think CBB's strengths are recruiting and overall leadership. His weakness may be X's and O's.  This is absolutely opposite of CBP. 

Paul

Torqued pork

I like the way he's running the program. I just hope he can win enough games in the NFL-Lite to keep the sharks away. We can't afford another coaching change anytime soon imo.

razorbackfanatic

I like his swagger.

+1

There's work being done on The Hill and the culture is changing. It's gonna be fun to see the improvements this season! After two years of awful, things are looking up. One massive offensive lineman at a time! Lol

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: greenie on August 24, 2014, 12:00:17 am
If he gets fired anytime soon, he sure won't leave the cupboard bare. This is the best recruiting effort I've ever seen in Fayetteville. I think CBB's strengths are recruiting and overall leadership. His weakness may be X's and O's.  This is absolutely opposite of CBP. 

I agree except I believe he is a smart x and O guy but he may be better at those other things that u described. Honestly his style reminds me a lot of Frank Broyles as a HC not an AD. Surround yourself with great assistants and out work everyone else. Recruiting is going great and I truly believe 4 years or 5 years down the road this 2014 signing class will be a top 15 class. Ramsey, Hackett and Eugene are all underrated! Ragnow, Wallace and Jackson are all studs and the whole receiving core is the best we've signed since 08 with Wright, Childs, Gragg, Adams.

TeufelHog

I like the guy . . . and I'M NOT SORRY ABOUT IT!  He has the program headed in the right direction and is spending the time building the solid foundation first.  Love the Assistant Coach hires as well and how they are developing our young men academically, physically, and spiritually.  No doubt they are developing athletes, but more importantly they are producing contributing members to our society/communities. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on August 24, 2014, 12:44:01 am
+1

There's work being done on The Hill and the culture is changing. It's gonna be fun to see the improvements this season! After two years of awful, things are looking up. One massive offensive lineman at a time! Lol
Just read today's ArDemGaz article written by Richard D. concerning comments made by the family of K.J. Hill in conjunction with last weekend's visit to the Hill. There are some MAJOR attention grabbing comments and observations by his step dad and mom.

LAHogfan123

I like his swagger.

Why should you be sorry?  I don't get that statement by you, everything else you posted sounded good.  Why would any Razorback fan not like our Coach?  He's been on the job a little over a year, and is just about to start his 2nd season on the gridiron, he'll be the first to tell you he didn't expect last year and that he's doing all he can do plus he upgraded his staff which has been IMO working their bums off turning this program around recruiting wise.  They're doing it right to, which may translate longer in the wins department, but never before have we seen by any Coaching staff on the hill this dedication put in towards recruiting done in the right way, building from the lines out.  You win games starting with your lines, both sides of the ball, then on Offense you start adding your skill positions, we've already seen the results of that in their short time here.  Now, once they get the Defense fully fixed the way they want, the Hogs will be able to play with anyone, that means when we get all the back 7 to where we need to be SEC wise, and I believe this staff will, then we will see this Coaching staff reach its full potential. And Even though many don't seem to care, but this Coaching staff is doing all of this by not taking hard cases either, as shown by no trouble so far and the grades that were just posted of what these young men are attaining off the field and in the classroom, I'm proud of that as well.

Hog N Bama

Just look at where our program was a year ago. Coach B, the staff, and the team have all come a long way. The team is going to show ya beginning with a win at Auburn.
GO HOGS! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Phil D

I like his swagger.

I agree and have been pretty much saying the same thing. We are less than a week from learning a great deal about this team and Coach BB. Go Hogs!! :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

secneahog

37-27 Arkansas over Auburn signature win in week one.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on August 24, 2014, 10:24:04 am
Just read today's ArDemGaz article written by Richard D. concerning comments made by the family of K.J. Hill in conjunction with last weekend's visit to the Hill. There are some MAJOR attention grabbing comments and observations by his step dad and mom.

Didn't read it. Care to elaborate?
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

IntegrityHog

Quote from: Hogs7672 on August 23, 2014, 11:50:21 pm
I agree 100%

What if we had the social media we have today in 1958. We hired a coach that had one year experience and was 5-4-1 at Missouri, lost his first six games...including Tulsa, TCU and Rice.....

That obviously worked out OK.....I get the same feeling with this guy.

Totally agree.  Coach B's slow start last year was due to Bobby's lousy recruiting, and Coach Ash's BIg 10 "touch football" mentality.

I am holding out judgment on Coach B until after the 2018 season.  That will be his first season with 5th year seniors (I don't count last year). 

The NewEra

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on August 24, 2014, 12:49:04 am
I agree except I believe he is a smart x and O guy but he may be better at those other things that u described. Honestly his style reminds me a lot of Frank Broyles as a HC not an AD. Surround yourself with great assistants and out work everyone else. Recruiting is going great and I truly believe 4 years or 5 years down the road this 2014 signing class will be a top 15 class. Ramsey, Hackett and Eugene are all underrated! Ragnow, Wallace and Jackson are all studs and the whole receiving core is the best we've signed since 08 with Wright, Childs, Gragg, Adams.

The present and the future are extremely bright.  We can expect to see major improvements in all areas, coming to you Live from Auburn this Saturday.

GuvHog

Criticizing a head coach if he makes what one considers a bad call is common place and there's nothing wrong with it. Calling for a Head Coach's head this early in his tenure is a different story and one which I very much disagree with.

I'm definitely All In.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LZH

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 24, 2014, 01:53:59 pm
Totally agree.  Coach B's slow start last year was due to Bobby's lousy recruiting, and Coach Ash's BIg 10 "touch football" mentality.

I am holding out judgment on Coach B until after the 2018 season.  That will be his first season with 5th year seniors (I don't count last year). 

You certainly don't appear to have given Petrino 5 years before judging him.....or 6 (since you don't count the first year).

Vantage 8 dude

I like his swagger.

(Sorry but I can't resist) "Love means never to have to say you're sorry"-Love Story. Seriously, I don't believe you have to apologize for your support of CBB. I pretty much feel the same way.

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on August 24, 2014, 02:03:35 pm
Criticizing a head coach if he makes what one considers a bad call is common place and there's nothing wrong with it. Calling for a Head Coach's head this early in his tenure is a different story and one which I very much disagree with.

I'm definitely All In.

Until he doesn't meet your unrealistic expectation of 8-4 this season. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

tusksincolorado

CBB will lead the resurgence of RAZORBACK FOOTBALL. The Ags, Cocks, RebalBlackBear What-evers, Bullies, War Chickens-Tigers, Dores, and Wild Kittens will take their rightful place beneath our program. Bammers, Corn-doggers, Lizards, Tenner, and Jawaga will respect and fear The Hogs when they walk on the field.

GO HAWGS! BEAT BARNER!  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rmcchris

100% in.  We will prevail.

IntegrityHog

August 24, 2014, 10:36:25 pm #33 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:03:08 pm by IntegrityHog
Quote from: LZH on August 24, 2014, 05:25:08 pm
You certainly don't appear to have given Petrino 5 years before judging him.....or 6 (since you don't count the first year).

Bobby was a cheater and didn't recruit defense.  He never beat Bama either.  Guys like that don't get 5 years.

Maximus Tusk

No apology necessary brother.

three hog night

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 24, 2014, 01:53:59 pm

CBB is having to rebuild the gaps in talent.   We are very young because of this, but these young players will be studs by their JR and SR years.   Oddly, BP didn't recruit very well on offense in the later years in spite of 2 strong seasons.   BP had been able to keep better players on defense, but they were really concentrated at DE.   He signed 5-6 DE's in ONE year that are still a talent bubble we have to deal with.  IT is hard to recruit good DE's when we have this much young depth.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

AugustaHog

CBB has done everything right so far......except win games.  I love his personality and I love the way he carries himself.  We can't be afraid of teams like Auburn, LSU, and Bama if we are going to stand toe to toe with them.  The off the field stuff has been great.  We have had very few issues with kids getting into trouble, and the grades are looking great.  He has assembled a talented staff which has led to some quality recruiting classes.  If this all, as it should, adds up to success on the field, I will be as big a fan of CBB as there is.  He's doing it the right way, but I don't know if he will get the time to finish the job.  Our crazies are up there with anybody's and they will begin freak out mode very soon if we don't crank it up.  Regardless, after 3-4 years with him at the helm, we will be in a good spot talent wise.