Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What this offense needs is a Dual-Threat QB

Started by Adam Stokes, November 12, 2006, 08:32:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

November 12, 2006, 08:32:48 pm Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 08:35:58 pm by ajs15razorman
  I'll come straight up and say it, it wouldn't even be funny how much more we could shread defenses.  So many times last night we saw Darren lineup at QB so he could either hand it or run it himself.  He also threw once and that also worked out great.  Every time DMAC came to line ready to have the ball hiked to him the defense moved up and he was still able to bust out for big gains.  They never caught on, and he acted as a dual-threat passer.

Now here's the question.  What if we had a QB who could also fake the handoff and run it?

Having a Matt Jones type of player this year would be great, because we already have a great running attack.  He could fake the handoff and run for 5 yards, he could hand it off and cause half the DL to run the other way, and if they were to guess wrong you could expect an easy gain of +15.  Then on occasions he could drop back when he wants for a huge throw when the D is expecting the run.

We recruited a Matt Jones type player, who was just a tad slower but had a better arm, and his name is Kodi Burns.  Kodi Burns would've done wonders in the offense if he had decided to come here, hopefully he will change his mind.

I know everyone on here wants to have a strickly passing Qb.  But Vince Young and Mike Vick were drafted as high as they were because it is a heckload easier to run over college defenses than it is pro defenses.  Oh yeah, and both those guys got to a National Title game.  What's going on now is perfectly fine and our QB's are doing great, but Arkansas is and always will be a run first school.

Just a couple thoughts for my 1600th post,

Ajs15Razorman

HogFansReunited

you are suppose to post pics in the tavern for milestone post.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

okhogfan6

Wonder if he is 2nd guessing himself after Sat.

WPS!!  :razorback:

T-hawg

We do have a duel threat QB. His name is McFadden.  ;)
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

AFWarrior83

Wish we had Jones, man with him we would be unstoppable! I think we are better balanced with Casey and Mitch though.
Hogville member since 2005.

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Hawg Focused

Uh, we need someone that can pass well, not another running back.

BigArkyintheRock

A double threat #1 Qb would be great.

Right now, I'd love for us to have an offense that could score in the 2nd half, like we do in the 1st. Had we done that the last 2 weeks, we'd probably be 1 or 2 spots higher in the BCS.

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

The_Hill

Ya! We need some1 like Kodi.... ooo yeah... nvm :'(
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

stronguard

I am about to get imaginarily smited, but....

Matt Jones couldn't throw well enough to make this offense work.  He just was not accurate enough.  Now before everyone hates on me, there is a lot of love for #9, but he is playing his proper position on Sundays.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

PigManLives

Quote from: stronguard on November 12, 2006, 10:23:50 pm
I am about to get imaginarily smited, but....

Matt Jones couldn't throw well enough to make this offense work.  He just was not accurate enough.  Now before everyone hates on me, there is a lot of love for #9, but he is playing his proper position on Sundays.

WRONG!!!!!!!!

stronguard

I think I will trust in the wisdom of 32 NFL teams and numerous educated, well spoken fans.  You're entitled to your opinion, but in order to disprove my hypothesis, you will need to be more elaborate in your repsonse.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Mr. Prozac

Unfortunately "dual threat" usually means "more of a threat when running the ball than passing the ball." There are, of course, rare exceptions. In my opinion, to truly complement our rushing attack, we need someone who can truly pass first, and if he can scramble when needed, then all the better.

StoernerJonesFan

Quote from: stronguard on November 13, 2006, 11:46:15 pm
I think I will trust in the wisdom of 32 NFL teams and numerous educated, well spoken fans.  You're entitled to your opinion, but in order to disprove my hypothesis, you will need to be more elaborate in your repsonse.
Jones holds about 1/3 of our QB records and his name appears in the top 3 in almost every QB category that he is not #1 at. 

LZH

It would have been great to get Burns, he's a super talent.  But we have two QB's on campus right now that are just what the doctor ordered, and they will only get better.