Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My tweets/thoughts after today's Red-White game ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, October 23, 2016, 09:09:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistol Pig Maravich

Kevin McPherson

HognitiveDissonance

Some of these numbers look impressive.
Then I remembered a Red/White game where Marvell Waithe put up 28 points, and was reminded how insignificant a Red/White game can be.
Not throwing shade...but essentially just echoing what the head coach said Sunday. Said some players had nice numbers, but it was just a Red/White game, and let's see what happens when we play someone else.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 25, 2016, 03:22:06 pm
Some of these numbers look impressive.
Then I remembered a Red/White game where Marvell Waithe put up 28 points, and was reminded how insignificant a Red/White game can be.
Not throwing shade...but essentially just echoing what the head coach said Sunday. Said some players had nice numbers, but it was just a Red/White game, and let's see what happens when we play someone else.

Right, any Red-White game discussion should always begin with the disclaimer: Glorified practice against teammates. Certainly minutes and opportunities will not be as bountiful for all as they were in a scrimmage pitting 6-man rosters against each other. What is promising, though, is that there was some consistent carryover from Spain ... i.e. CJJones continues to be an efficient volume shooter/scorer, ABeard continues to show up as a facilitator, Dustin Thomas continues to be productive, etc.

HognitiveDissonance

It was Jones's consistency that stood out to me in Spain. Four solid games, at least offensively. Another one in Red-White.
Not just one game where they gave him open looks and he made a few shots.
It certainly appears he's going to be a factor this season.

PonderinHog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 26, 2016, 10:25:04 am
It was Jones's consistency that stood out to me in Spain. Four solid games, at least offensively. Another one in Red-White.
Not just one game where they gave him open looks and he made a few shots.
It certainly appears he's going to be a factor this season.
Sounds like he might be our "Microwave" Johnson.  I hope he brings the instant heat off the bench.