Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pumped about Hog ball

Started by OutlawHawg, October 23, 2016, 07:32:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OutlawHawg

Seems like a fire was lit under Mike the last year or so, recruiting has been tremendous and we have some real talent on the hill.

Losing Monk hurt but in four years when CJ Jones is a senior climbing up the all time scoring chart while Monk is a third year bench player in the NBA we probably got the better end of the deal.

I think the JuCo guys will take well into the second half of the season to really adjust but with Kingsley and Hannahs we should have plenty of scoring.

I'm out of state - thanks to everyone for posting updates from practice. WPS.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 23, 2016, 07:32:19 am
Seems like a fire was lit under Mike the last year or so, recruiting has been tremendous and we have some real talent on the hill.

Losing Monk hurt but in four years when CJ Jones is a senior climbing up the all time scoring chart while Monk is a third year bench player in the NBA we probably got the better end of the deal.

I think the JuCo guys will take well into the second half of the season to really adjust but with Kingsley and Hannahs we should have plenty of scoring.

CMA and CMW have done a tremendous job of getting on these kids years ago and forging some strong relationships with these Arkansas' kids and the Hogs are now starting to reap the benefits and probably will for years to come.

The foundation was laid two years ago but due to some unexpected cracks that appeared, it had to be re-laid. That work was done with the 2016 class and the finishing touches are being applied with the '17, '18 and '19 classes.

Thanks to CMA we will have a great opportunity to reclaim our place in the discussion of top basketball teams in the country.

We are getting ready to give SEC teams a run for their money for the conference title and make it to the tourney just about every year. So proud of the work the basketball coaches have done to bring us back to respectability again.  :razorback:

jry04

Quote from: OutlawHawg on October 23, 2016, 07:32:19 am

Tell yourself what you want, but Monk is a lottery pick, and will be a top 20 player in college basketball this year. I have no doubt in my mind that we would be a top 15 team poised for a deep tournament run if he were on our team. He may be the best player on a top 5 UK team. The future looks bright for us, but there isn't a sane person who wouldn't take Monk right now. Having him on our roster would probably be worth 3-4 wins alone.

OutlawHawg

True it sucked losing him but CJ Jones for four years isn't a bad consolation prize.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jry04 on October 23, 2016, 10:12:27 am
Tell yourself what you want, but Monk is a lottery pick, and will be a top 20 player in college basketball this year. I have no doubt in my mind that we would be a top 15 team poised for a deep tournament run if he were on our team. He may be the best player on a top 5 UK team. The future looks bright for us, but there isn't a sane person who wouldn't take Monk right now. Having him on our roster would probably be worth 3-4 wins alone.

At UK with other kids with the same mindset, he will fit right in.

But how would he fit into our team chemistry with a bunch of blue collar 4 year players? He would be playing every game fr the NBA scouts, and not the team. See Ben Simmons at LSU. While Ben wasn't really the problem, the players around him started worrying about the NBA scouts there too much.

I wish Monk would have come, but looking at our roster and the 2017 and 2018 classes...I am fine where we are.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 23, 2016, 09:26:58 am
CMA and CMW have done a tremendous job of getting on these kids years ago and forging some strong relationships with these Arkansas' kids and the Hogs are now starting to reap the benefits and probably will for years to come.

The foundation was laid two years ago but due to some unexpected cracks that appeared, it had to be re-laid. That work was done with the 2016 class and the finishing touches are being applied with the '17, '18 and '19 classes.

Thanks to CMA we will have a great opportunity to reclaim our place in the discussion of top basketball teams in the country.

We are getting ready to give SEC teams a run for their money for the conference title and make it to the tourney just about every year. So proud of the work the basketball coaches have done to bring us back to respectability again.  :razorback:

Great post!! Could not say it any better. 
#NolanRichardsonCourt

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 23, 2016, 11:35:25 am
At UK with other kids with the same mindset, he will fit right in.

But how would he fit into our team chemistry with a bunch of blue collar 4 year players? He would be playing every game fr the NBA scouts, and not the team. See Ben Simmons at LSU. While Ben wasn't really the problem, the players around him started worrying about the NBA scouts there too much.

I wish Monk would have come, but looking at our roster and the 2017 and 2018 classes...I am fine where we are.

Nm