Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball Excitement

Started by MountieDawg, October 13, 2016, 06:09:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

Quote from: mhuff on October 26, 2016, 12:28:42 pm
While I always look forward to your comments, "style of defense".... Pile of no defense. Last year was the worst defense I have ever seen by a Hog team. I am not going to polish a turd. Our press was a disgrace and our on ball defense  ,as you correctly stated, was horrible. Our team defense was like 93rd in the nation. That was last year. Now the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome. Let's hope for something better.
Like I said I don't agree with our defensive philosophies but I think saying he doesn't stress it would be incorrect. We were 51st in steals last year and arguably our worst since CMA has been hired. I also agree with the definition of insanity and I'm hoping we have adjusted our way of thinking a bit on this. That said I do think CMA "stresses defense" what I don't think he stresses is changes that should be made. What I was arguing is that defense is stressed, but I don't think the method of how they are teaching it has been effective.

hobhog

Not a whole lot of chatter about Fridays game. Guess Florida win stole some attention, but hoping lots of people up for football game make it over early and fill up BWA and get us off to good start.

rude1

I am cautiously optimistic too. Been too long where the program has looked to be on stable ground. Every other time in the past when things have looked like they were trending up it never materialized. I like the parts to this basketball team, lots of pieces to the puzzle, but until I see the pieces begin to be assembled into something resembling a good basketball team, I am hesitant to buy in. I am bellied up to the bar and the razorback red kool aid sure does look inviting, I sure would like just a sip, but I am just too scared as in years past, someone has already pissed in it.

Letsroll1200

Pack the Bud. Looking forward to Friday's night game. This team will be very good.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 13, 2016, 03:49:45 pm
No idea, it makes no sense that if they are going to have an OPEN PRACTICE or a MIDNIGHT MADNESS for the fans... Why wouldn't they announce it more than 48 hours before the event. The athletic administration treats basketball like the Police treat the people in the inner city, we will talk about you when it benefits us.  Otherwise, please stay hidden and quiet.

Fixed it for ya!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: hobhog on November 07, 2016, 09:50:50 pm
Not a whole lot of chatter about Fridays game. Guess Florida win stole some attention, but hoping lots of people up for football game make it over early and fill up BWA and get us off to good start.
I hardly ever miss opening night for basketball. I'll be there. Was there last year too.

Looking forward to a hoops/gridiron doubleheader this weekend.

LCAPTP

Today's the day, fellas! I'm pumped for this season. GO HOGS!

Little Lady Back

Cannot wait to see the Hogs play!! Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it up for the game tonight. Does anyone know if it will be on tv (sec alt channel, etc.)?  I have Dish.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Little Lady Back on November 11, 2016, 08:21:51 am
Cannot wait to see the Hogs play!! Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it up for the game tonight. Does anyone know if it will be on tv (sec alt channel, etc.)?  I have Dish.

I read yesterday that none of our November games will actually be televised, which is surprising given that Arkansas actually cares about basketball.

The games will be on SEC Network + meaning online/streaming/mobile device etc only.

Still better than nothing. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Little Lady Back on November 11, 2016, 08:21:51 am

It is on SEC + which is available on Watch ESPN. Your Dish subscription gives you access to Watch ESPN. Have you used Watch ESPN before. If you haven't, it can be great with a 30mb or faster internet connection or pretty frustrating with an internet connection slower than that or if you are on a phone it seems to always stream good.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

lynbug

Quote from: k.c.hawg on November 11, 2016, 08:47:33 am
It is on SEC + which is available on Watch ESPN. Your Dish subscription gives you access to Watch ESPN. Have you used Watch ESPN before. If you haven't, it can be great with a 30mb or faster internet connection or pretty frustrating with an internet connection slower than that or if you are on a phone it seems to always stream good.
. Just seems kinda sad to me that on the day of the first game we're frantically searching for a way to view it.  I remember too well when most of the noncon games were telecast locally.  But.... that was before The ESPN-SEC alliance.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: lynbug on November 11, 2016, 09:03:44 am
. Just seems kinda sad to me that on the day of the first game we're frantically searching for a way to view it.  I remember too well when most of the noncon games were telecast locally.  But.... that was before The ESPN-SEC alliance.

I kinda like watching the games on the ESPN app because you can always catch the replay later as well. I use ROKU and access the Watch ESPN app from there.

Little Lady Back

November 11, 2016, 09:51:15 am #62 Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:11:46 am by Little Lady Back
Quote from: k.c.hawg on November 11, 2016, 08:47:33 am

Thanks k.c.hawg and everyone for answering.
#NolanRichardsonCourt