Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Open Practice

Started by HoundHog, October 04, 2016, 04:01:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoundHog

Any idea if they might have an open practice or scrimmage this Saturday? Would love to check them out before the Bama game.

The_Iceman

FineAsSwine

Letsroll1200

Big Nasty 34

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Big Nasty 34

I guess we can't complain about local media coverage if our hogville wannabe journalists won't give us feedback either lol.

daprospecta

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on October 15, 2016, 11:29:21 pm
Here's a little taste..

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Arkansas-basketball-holds-open-practice-48265617
We look fast and Moses looks impressive. He looks looser and more agile.  Did Hazen try to dunk on somebody! I like to see that because most guys with his style of play are finesse.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: daprospecta on October 16, 2016, 10:57:57 am
We look fast and Moses looks impressive. He looks looser and more agile.  Did Hazen try to dunk on somebody! I like to see that because most guys with his style of play are finesse.

In the few clips there, Hazen did look more aggressive than he did earlier in summer.

RealHog

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 16, 2016, 11:01:11 am
In the few clips there, Hazen did look more aggressive than he did earlier in summer.

He did drain a 3 (as well as Kingsley it looks like), I think that and bulking up to about 215 will be key in making him game ready.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: RealHog on October 16, 2016, 11:28:26 am
He did drain a 3 (as well as Kingsley it looks like), I think that and bulking up to about 215 will be key in making him game ready.

Even in limited highlights, Hazen's ball skill and inside-out versatility at 6-8 are evident. And both CJ Jones and Dro Bailey are obviously better than advertised. This freshman class looks like a good one.

azhog10

Was that barford not playing and working with a trainer in the back!?

TheRazorback500

Quote from: azhog10 on October 16, 2016, 08:25:45 pm
Wasn't he #0 in white? I thought I saw him near the end of the video. I like our spacing and ball movement.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: azhog10 on October 16, 2016, 08:25:45 pm

I'm assuming that's glasper. Barford was 0 in white.

rangertaunton

Barford threw a behind the head pass out to the top of the key that was a thing of beauty!!
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 16, 2016, 10:01:46 pm
I'm assuming that's glasper. Barford was 0 in white.

Yes, Glasper dislocated his shoulder about a week ago. Should be back this week.

swinesation

No report from any Jump Ballers???

rangertaunton

My prediction is that this team may be better than even us fans may believe.  I think we have the talent and depth to win 25+ and go deep in the tourney.  Any less than 20 wins and this season is a disappointment!  That's just my honest opinion
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: rangertaunton on October 18, 2016, 01:58:34 am
My prediction is that this team may be better than even us fans may believe.  I think we have the talent and depth to win 25+ and go deep in the tourney.  Any less than 20 wins and this season is a disappointment!  That's just my honest opinion

Did you go Saturday to the open practice?

GuvHog

Quote from: rangertaunton on October 18, 2016, 01:58:34 am

We.....shall see. Color me cautiously optimistic but I hope you are right.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: GuvHog on October 18, 2016, 11:53:14 am
We.....shall see. Color me cautiously optimistic but I hope you are right.

Well, like the monkey said when his tail got cut off, "it won't be long now". First game is just weeks away. We'll start finding out pretty soon where this team is strong and where it needs to improve.

GuvHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 18, 2016, 01:15:55 pm
Well, like the monkey said when his tail got cut off, "it won't be long now". First game is just weeks away. We'll start finding out pretty soon where this team is strong and where it needs to improve.

I'm sure there'll be a few OOPS! moments early on but they'll get those ironed out.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!