Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When do practice start?

Started by hognatx, September 27, 2016, 06:54:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hognatx

Biggus Piggus

Technically, Arkansas can begin practices on Friday, Sept. 30, six weeks before the beginning of the regular season.

The team can hold 30 practices before the beginning of the season. Arkansas might adjust its start date to time those 30 workouts the way Mike Anderson wants. The most you can do in six weeks, of course, is five per week.
[CENSORED]!

hogwood

hognatx

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 27, 2016, 08:17:33 pm
Technically, Arkansas can begin practices on Friday, Sept. 30, six weeks before the beginning of the regular season.

The team can hold 30 practices before the beginning of the season. Arkansas might adjust its start date to time those 30 workouts the way Mike Anderson wants. The most you can do in six weeks, of course, is five per week.
Thanks

greasy_corner

FineAsSwine

Well, going by this, they have to start Friday if they want to get all thirty practices in.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

poloprince

My guess would be the latter part of next week.
$PoLoPrInCe$

MountieDawg

I would bet there are too some type of practice today...
SEC!

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 4h4 hours ago

Only 1 day until college basketball season officially begins......#countdown
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jbcarol on September 29, 2016, 11:20:16 am
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 4h4 hours ago

Only 1 day until college basketball season officially begins......#countdown

Thank the Lord! I am so ready. Anxious to see or hear something. Little more than a month away from tip-off. Looking forward to a memorable season.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

FineAsSwine

Hope the Spain trip pays big dividends early on for our new guys in terms of getting them ready to contribute right away in the Non conference. No time for a big learning curve here.

Thrown 'em in the fire and see what they can do.  :razorback:

razorhead94

Our Hog "5" will be practicing tomorrow in Little Rock after the game.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

HawgnCorona

Cool...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

k.c.hawg

I know Kansas has their Late Night in the Phog tomorrow night. Really looking forward to this season!!! Glad to see the Hogs getting it going by Sunday or Monday!!

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Big Nasty 34

FineAsSwine

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 02, 2016, 03:40:04 pm
Time for some medicine ball work.
well, we know he's 6-9 at least 😂

jbcarol

FineAsSwine

hope some reports start coming in by tomorrow

OnTheHillHogFan

Media day is tomorrow and they will get to watch some of the practice so there should be quite a bit of info tomorrow.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on October 04, 2016, 09:46:30 pm
Media day is tomorrow and they will get to watch some of the practice so there should be quite a bit of info tomorrow.

Nothing new yet. Just tidbits regurgitated from the Spain trip and warmed up then re-served.

HognitiveDissonance

HognitiveDissonance

I can't wait for the reports analogous to 'Dionisio Gomez is dominating the pickup games...'

We talkin' about practice, man..

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 05, 2016, 11:16:01 pm
I can't wait for the reports analogous to 'Dionisio Gomez is dominating the pickup games...'

We talkin' about practice, man..
kid was salty at times though, but , man.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 06, 2016, 12:06:41 am
kid was salty at times though, but , man.
He was a nice player. But you get the point.
Every year there's someone tearing up practice or pickup games in the summer, and some fans start salivating.
Me, I 95% ignore practice reports. I'll wait until about 10 games are played before starting to form any thoughts about a player.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 06, 2016, 04:12:30 pm
He was a nice player. But you get the point.
Every year there's someone tearing up practice or pickup games in the summer, and some fans start salivating.
Me, I 95% ignore practice reports. I'll wait until about 10 games are played before starting to form any thoughts about a player.

Just nice to have something to speculate about until the season starts. Right now we got nothing. It's so bad, I found myself reading a KY message board.

Pork Twain

I am pumped for basketball season this year.  When do the season start?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 07, 2016, 05:50:43 am
I am pumped for basketball season this year.  When do the season start?

Well you know basketball season is purt-near here when bear season opens. Arkansas limit is 1 bear whether by muzzle loader, bow,  or otherwise. I heard somewhere that CMA gets his limit every year and, most impressively, he bear hunts barehanded.

Champs04

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Champs04 on October 07, 2016, 09:38:17 am
HaHaHa

Somebody needs to help the bear!  ;D Ready to see the Razorbacks get after it on defense this year!  ;D  :razorback:

Dominicanhog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 07, 2016, 09:56:53 am
Ready to see the Razorbacks get after it on defense this year!  ;D  :razorback:

IMO, this will be the difference in our team.. we will be able to get after people on defense, .. we've not had the guards and this year appears different.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 07, 2016, 10:20:50 am
IMO, this will be the difference in our team.. we will be able to get after people on defense, .. we've not had the guards and this year appears different.

Hopefully Dusty and C.J. get up to speed defensively as, it appears, those are our two weakest perimeter defenders although they do bring a lot to the table on offense.

Barford and Macon are going to have to adjust to the physicality of D1 ball, Barford maybe not as much because of his size and strength. In order for us to have the kind of season we want, those two have to make an immediate impact on defense.

No worries about defense with Beard and Watkins, two solid defenders who will lead by example with effort, hustle and scrappiness.

HOGGISHABOUTAR

Quote from: hognatx on September 27, 2016, 06:54:47 pm
Ready for some Hawgball.
Lets try this:
When does practice start?
That sounds a little better