Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When does the conference schedule get released? (See you in September)

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, August 24, 2016, 10:07:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

FineAsSwine

hogwood

Quote from: Hogfan991 on August 24, 2016, 10:07:14 pm
Of course I'm hoping we get Kentucky at home.

It will be at Rupp as we just had them this past year. Florida should be at BWA.

HoundHog

I thought the rotations went

2013-14 home and away
2014-15 away
2015-16 home
2016-17 home and away
etc... so on and so forth?

I was thinking it was that way with all rotating teams we played. but that may have changed.

hogwood

Quote from: HoundHog on August 26, 2016, 01:36:36 pm
I thought the rotations went

2013-14 home and away
2014-15 away
2015-16 home
2016-17 home and away
etc... so on and so forth?

I was thinking it was that way with all rotating teams we played. but that may have changed.

Oh. Maybe? I thought it was just changed and now we are in "pools" of 4 teams that we play each year twice (home and away) and then we play all the other teams once a year, trading the home court every year. Pretty sure our group was LSU, TAMU, MIZZ, and someone else?

HoundHog

Quote from: hogwood on August 26, 2016, 03:19:35 pm
Oh. Maybe? I thought it was just changed and now we are in "pools" of 4 teams that we play each year twice (home and away) and then we play all the other teams once a year, trading the home court every year. Pretty sure our group was LSU, TAMU, MIZZ, and someone else?

It seems like I remember hearing something like that too. I hope you're right, then we don't have to play Kentucky or Florida twice a year. 

Alabama or Tennessee may be the other...

alaback

Quote from: hogwood on August 26, 2016, 03:19:35 pm

Mizzou is our every year home and away and that's it I believe. The rest of it doesn't make much sense. We played at Florida the last two years with no home games.

hogwood

Quote from: alaback on August 26, 2016, 03:50:21 pm
Mizzou is our every year home and away and that's it I believe. The rest of it doesn't make much sense. We played at Florida the last two years with no home games.

But it only just started this past season, so the 14-15 season was not a part of it.

hogwood

Here ya go. Just started in the 15-16 season. We play LSU, TAMU, and MIZZ 2 times each (home and away) for a total of 6 games, and play the other 10 teams at least once a year. The 2 remaining games are wildcards.

http://www.secsports.com/article/12970797/sec-men-basketball-schedule-format-announced

alaback

Quote from: hogwood on August 26, 2016, 04:50:56 pm
Here ya go. Just started in the 15-16 season. We play LSU, TAMU, and MIZZ 2 times each (home and away) for a total of 6 games, and play the other 10 teams at least once a year. The 2 remaining games are wildcards.

http://www.secsports.com/article/12970797/sec-men-basketball-schedule-format-announced

That helps, thanks for the link!

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 13h13 hours ago

The SEC will release its conference schedule for the 2016-17 season on Tuesday, source told @CBSSports.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 4h4 hours ago Pembroke Pines, FL

Also hearing Gators will open SEC play at Arkansas in late Dec. Homecoming game for soph G KeVaughn Allen and F Justin Leon
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogwood

Quote from: jbcarol on September 05, 2016, 06:21:45 pm
Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 4h4 hours ago Pembroke Pines, FL

Also hearing Gators will open SEC play at Arkansas in late Dec. Homecoming game for soph G KeVaughn Allen and F Justin Leon

Would be niceeee

Schedule is out. First three games are Florida, Tennessee and Kentucky.

Hawg Red

League office is going to need to fix this Kentucky thing. Should be a home-and-home every year.

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 06, 2016, 01:16:09 pm
League office is going to need to fix this Kentucky thing. Should be a home-and-home every year.
We aren't one of their 4. I'm sure many teams feel they should have a home and home with UK.  Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Vandy, LSU all have longer rivalries with UK than we do.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Karma on September 06, 2016, 01:27:41 pm
We aren't one of their 4. I'm sure many teams feel they should have a home and home with UK.  Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Vandy, LSU all have longer rivalries with UK than we do.

I know we aren't one of their 4, hence the "going to need to be fixed." None of those rivalries, save for maybe Florida, can touch the Arkansas/Kentucky rivalry of the '90s. Lot of talent coming into this program in the coming years. Smells like a missed opportunity for some great yearly series. If you asked any SEC hoops fan about great SEC hoops rivalries, tell me Arkansas/Kentucky isn't the first or second rivalry mentioned.

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 06, 2016, 01:37:07 pm
I know we aren't one of their 4, hence the "going to need to be fixed." None of those rivalries, save for maybe Florida, can touch the Arkansas/Kentucky rivalry of the '90s. Lot of talent coming into this program in the coming years. Smells like a missed opportunity for some great yearly series. If you asked any SEC hoops fan about great SEC hoops rivalries, tell me Arkansas/Kentucky isn't the first or second rivalry mentioned.
Said the Razorback fan. Not sure most fans care about a 20 year old rivalry.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Karma on September 06, 2016, 05:36:00 pm
Said the Razorback fan. Not sure most fans care about a 20 year old rivalry.

So who has had an intense rivalry with Kentucky in the 20 years since? Florida? After that?

It's quite short-sighted to dismiss the impact of that rivalry because it's been a while when you factor in where both programs are or are headed, the dedication to basketball at both schools, the fanbases at both schools, and, again, the lack of anything resembling a competing rivalry in the time since Arkansas was last truly relevant.

This isn't that hard to see. But, sure, let's look back and not forward.

jbcarol

LR_Matt

I'm certain the U.K./UA rivalry is extremely one sided LOL.... only existing in this state.

HoopS

Quote from: LR_Matt on September 25, 2016, 10:16:43 am
I'm certain the U.K./UA rivalry is extremely one sided LOL.... only existing in this state.
I am fairly certain Kentucky loves playing us as well. They remember what it was like when we came into the league. And they loved it and want it back.