Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nothing to complain about

Started by Pork Twain, August 08, 2016, 08:22:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

My biggest knock on MA was his recruiting and he has done a really fine job of that for this year and next.  Here's to hopping that he can translate that to success on the court and build on it going forward.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Biggus Piggus

I will let you do the hopping on that one.
[CENSORED]!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 08, 2016, 09:09:22 am
Hopfully they didn't have to go threw Atlanta this mourning...

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 08, 2016, 09:09:22 am

Where's Jackrabbit Hog? He's got more hops than Captain Kangaroo. But then again, who doesn't these days?

PonderinHog

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 08, 2016, 08:22:46 am
My biggest knock on MA was his recruiting and he has done a really fine job of that for this year and next.  Here's to hopping that he can translate that to success on the court and build on it going forward.

All jokes aside, sentiment well taken.

hogwood

The 2016 class is solid. The JUCOs add immideate depth and the Freshman will be foundation pieces for a few years.

2017 should end up being a top 10-20 class.

The 2018 class could be even better.

The 2019 class maybe even better.

We are looking at at least 5 very competitive, dancing Hogball years in a row. If that occurs, this program will be attractive for years to come and I would expect the staff and the administration to be able to maintain and capitalize on that for an extended period of time.

!

GuvHog

Quote from: hogwood on August 08, 2016, 10:41:06 am
The 2016 class is solid. The JUCOs add immideate depth and the Freshman will be foundation pieces for a few years.

2017 should end up being a top 10-20 class.

The 2018 class could be even better.

The 2019 class maybe even better.

We are looking at at least 5 very competitive, dancing Hogball years in a row. If that occurs, this program will be attractive for years to come and I would expect the staff and the administration to be able to maintain and capitalize on that for an extended period of time.

!

I seriously doubt the Hogs will go to the big dance the next 5 years in a row. 1 of the next 5 seems more likely.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GuvHog on August 08, 2016, 01:05:31 pm
I seriously doubt the Hogs will go to the big dance the next 5 years in a row. 1 of the next 5 seems more likely.

That is a silly thing to post, Guv. Did you completely disregard the content of his post?
[CENSORED]!

hogwood

I seriously doubt we will only make 1 appearance in the NCAAT in the next 5 years. 5 is much more likely than 1 at this point.

Kevin

No slobbering hog on the court
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bythelake

Dang guvhog, where does that come from?   I would ask for you to explain but let me have a few more beers before you do. 

bythelake

Dang guvhog, where does that come from?   I would ask for you to explain but let me have a few more beers before you do. 

HawgTide

Never go full GuvHog

TheRazorback500

I'm not complaining. We're gonna be good. Woopig.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hog Fan from Camden

A select few will always complain.

Pork Twain

I just want to thank Guv for showing up with an outlandish comment to take the attention off of my typo.  Way to take one for the team Guvy.

It is called momentum...MA is getting it started and if he can keep it up, the future will be bright for the Hogs and most of us will be happy.

hawginbigd1

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 08, 2016, 08:22:46 am
My sentiments exactly, he/they spent about 18 months sucking in recruiting and being ill-prepared. He/they learned the error of their ways and are doing a really good job.

snoblind

snoblind

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

snoblind

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 13, 2016, 02:18:20 pm
I love the classics! 

I think I still have all the Bloom County (and, for that matter, Calvin and Hobbs) books that were published.  Every so often, one of my kids would clean out their closet and find one (or more) of them and wonder what the fuss was all about.  Now, they are getting to the age where they can fully understand both Bloom County and Calvin and Hobbs and appreciate them. 

The number #1 reason to be on Facebook is to read the new Bloom County strips he is doing.  I also liked Calvin and Hobbs just to get those on my page most days, keep hoping that one of these days I will surprised with a new one.

FreshHog

What I imagine guvhog looks like reading/watching the hogs doing well: 

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Pork Twain

August 16, 2016, 07:05:32 am #26 Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 10:13:32 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: jbcarol on August 13, 2016, 01:18:18 pm

I never follow the Hogs because of the coach, I follow them because they are the Hogs and I never jumped off that wagon.

I have been very frustrated with the coach, but I have not even given up on him.

jbcarol

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 16, 2016, 07:05:32 am
I never follow the Hogs because of the coach, I follow them because they are the Hogs and I never jumped off that wagon.

No truer words have ever been posted on the board.

Others have jumped off so fast that urgent care could not keep up with ankle injuries.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dominicanhog

Quote from: jbcarol on August 16, 2016, 07:25:50 am
No truer words have ever been posted on the board.

Others have jumped off so fast that urgent care could not keep up with ankle injuries.

Amen brotha... we'll said Pork T.... :razorback:

RedyorNot

Well said Pork Twain, I couldn't agree more with that sentiment.

FineAsSwine

I have been very frustrated with the coach, but I have not even given up on him.

Hog fan since the Sutton years and have never jumped off the Hogwagon. #goodandbadtimes #thickandthin

Mick Hogger

Spot on. Been here since Eddie and I've never given up no matter how frustrating it gets. I've always been more angry at the administration for dropping the ball on the whole program to let it get to the low points it has. I feel better than I have since Nolan that we're on the right track again. Go Hogs!
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Smithian

This is a smart post.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

FineAsSwine

Although there is nothing to complain about, someone will complain. This is Hogville.

FineAsSwine

PonderinHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 05, 2016, 03:38:11 pm
Although there is nothing to complain about, someone will complain. This is Hogville.
Is there a deadline?  I'm working on it...

jbcarol

FineAsSwine

Now that I think about it, I do have a complaint. Basketball season can't get here fast enough!  :razorback:

jbcarol

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 06, 2016, 09:27:55 am
Now that I think about it, I do have a complaint. Basketball season can't get here fast enough!  :razorback:

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 5h5 hours ago

Only 24 days until college basketball season officially begins......#countdown

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jbcarol on September 06, 2016, 09:32:16 am
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 5h5 hours ago

Only 24 days until college basketball season officially begins......#countdown

Guess that's enough time for me to run out and find a pair of prescription rose-colored glasses.  8)

jbcarol

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 06, 2016, 09:35:42 am
Guess that's enough time for me to run out and find a pair of prescription rose-colored glasses.  8)

Show only the beauty
'Cause they hide all the truth

The_Bionic_Pig

I've trolled the Kentucky board the past few yrs and let me tellya this one can't hold a candle to the amount of shattered ankles..... So many post calling for John Calipari's head.

"Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone" -   Houston Nutt talking about the 2-5 half price Sonic corndogs...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 06, 2016, 02:52:01 pm
"Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone" -   Houston Nutt talking about the 2-5 half price Sonic corndogs...

Wait until they cancel the .50 corndogs all day Tuesday's promo. Sheet gonna get real pretty quick round here.

Biggus Piggus

I wonder how the Monks feel, watching the state's best recruits for the next few years lining up to go to Fayetteville. How does it feel to suddenly be the only exception, when you are the one who turned down the school you grew up idolizing?
[CENSORED]!

HoopS

We probably won't but I sure hope we destroy them.

Birminghog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on August 08, 2016, 10:15:36 am
Where's Jackrabbit Hog? He's got more hops than Captain Kangaroo. But then again, who doesn't these days?

Smokin' cigarettes
Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 19, 2016, 08:20:24 am
I wonder how the Monks feel, watching the state's best recruits for the next few years lining up to go to Fayetteville. How does it feel to suddenly be the only exception, when you are the one who turned down the school you grew up idolizing?

I am sure they are happy to be where the country's best go to play. Monk wouldn't be here when any of those guys make it here.
SEC!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 20, 2016, 05:47:59 am
I am sure they are happy to be where the country's best go to play. Monk wouldn't be here when any of those guys make it here.

Going to die a slow, painful death. Missing out. Kentucky has peaked. Arkansas is ascending. Buh-bye.
[CENSORED]!

HoopS

Maybe the bigger deal are the things behind the scenes and the long term ramifications.