Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updated ESPN 2018 Rankings

Started by Hawg Red, June 08, 2016, 08:39:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2018/order/true

If you've followed RazorAg's thoughts on the in-state 2018 kids, he has turned out to be spot-on here. Henderson and Vanover both fell out of the rankings. Henderson was, I believe, at #11 and Vanover #25. They are not among the top 60 ranked players by ESPN with this new update.

batmanfan

Not seeing Reggie Perry either.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 08, 2016, 08:39:56 am
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2018/order/true

If you've followed RazorAg's thoughts on the in-state 2018 kids, he has turned out to be spot-on here. Henderson and Vanover both fell out of the rankings. Henderson was, I believe, at #11 and Vanover #25. They are not among the top 60 ranked players by ESPN with this new update.

Reginald Perry not in there either

hogwood

Need to go after EJ Montgomery.

Surprised that Perry didn't make it, but there is a lot of time for this ranking to change.

hogwood

Perry, Henderson, and Vanover are all just outside the top 60 and would almost certainly make the top 100 right now.

Henderson 4* 85 #19 PF
Perry 4* 86 #23 SF
Vanover 4* 86 #8 C

2 kids I think we will get interested are SG TJ Moss and PG Alex Lomax both 2018 4-stars out of East HS in Memphis.

azhog10

Not sure it's right or not, but more Nike EYBL players in that top 60 than the other circuits. Maybe bc the best play on Nike teams, but I wouldnt make that assumption. I think a lot of these rankings have to do with where scouts go to watch summer basketball.

RealHog

I've heard from many people that keep up with NCAA Bball recruiting that ESPN is not quite in the same level as 247 and Scout. They use most of their resources on FBall recruiting and BBall is a bit too niche for them. I bet the reason it's mainly only EYBL is they have far fewer scouts than the other services.

Hawg Red

Scout will update their 2018 rankings today. I'll post a thread when they do.

lefty08

Quote from: RealHog on June 08, 2016, 08:06:00 pm
I've heard from many people that keep up with NCAA Bball recruiting that ESPN is not quite in the same level as 247 and Scout. They use most of their resources on FBall recruiting and BBall is a bit too niche for them. I bet the reason it's mainly only EYBL is they have far fewer scouts than the other services.

They sucks at football recruiting too......
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ShadowHawg

Quote from: lefty08 on June 18, 2016, 11:09:20 pm
They sucks at football recruiting too......

This. They are a joke when it comes to recruiting rankings. Scout for basketball, 247 for football.