Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any info about Verizon Arena Game in NLR?

Started by WhenPigsFly, June 01, 2017, 09:05:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhenPigsFly

HogBeliever625

King Kong

BannerMountainMan

Last years Verizon game was packed and probably the best atmosphere ive seen there in awhile for a Hogs game!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on June 01, 2017, 09:05:31 pm
Rumors of opponent or date?

Those games are played in December, usually closer to Christmas. And there is a posibility that Hogs will play Colorado State there this year. Verizon is a great site for Hogs games, especially against mid-major opponents during the holiday season because fans are more likely to attend a LR game in large numbers than they are in Fayetteville.

HogBeliever625

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on June 01, 2017, 11:21:02 pm
Those games are played in December, usually closer to Christmas. And there is a posibility that Hogs will play Colorado State there this year. Verizon is a great site for Hogs games, especially against mid-major opponents during the holiday season because fans are more likely to attend a LR game in large numbers than they are in Fayetteville.
Correct but unfortunately us fans in NWA aren't even able to watch the game on TV.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 01, 2017, 11:43:53 pm
Correct but unfortunately us fans in NWA aren't even able to watch the game on TV.

That does suck, but it's great for the fans in central and other parts of Arkansas to get a chance to see the Hogs live. It's much more feasible to have one NLR game in 30+ game basketball season than a LR game or two in a 12-game football season. It's an easy call and a great time for the fans that go.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on June 01, 2017, 11:21:02 pm

I think the Colorado State game has been announced as being in Fayetteville.

ricepig

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on June 01, 2017, 10:44:44 pm
Last years Verizon game was packed and probably the best atmosphere ive seen there in awhile for a Hogs game!

Yes it was a great atmosphere and I had courtside seats, haha. Trying to pull it off again this year. I buy my tickets as soon as they are released. Looking forward to staying at the Wyndham so I can have my steak dinner at Riverfront Steakhouse and then walk over to Verizon for the game.

Last year, my room was just a few doors down from Scotty Thurman, Dusty and Manny. I saw Scotty so many times going up and down the hallway. It became a little uncomfortable bc I didn't want him to think I was following him.
Hogs up! Covid down!

razorhead94

Had 12,000 there last year for a weekday Thursday night game against a no-name.  That's pretty strong.  Wish they would put a more worthy opponent there and more than likely you would see 15,000+
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

1highhog

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 01, 2017, 10:11:25 pm
Wish it was none

Why?  Let's face it, right now it's the only place to where the fans actually come close to filling up the Arena and getting loud cheering on the Hogs while watching them play ball.  Right now going to games in Fayetteville is like going to a funeral.  There needs to be more and more fans turning out to watch games now that the team seems to be on the rise, will you be there??

John Snow

The student section at bud Walton is a joke nobody shows until late February or early March and they don't even know when to cheer except the left right chant when the other teams player fouls out and they do the chant while we are shooting free throws. At least the crowd Verizon last reminded me of Bud Walton back in the 90s before northwest Arkansas fans and the student section became the wine and cheese  crowd too cool to stay for entire half of a football game or   or the Norhwest Arkansas  and the student section fans that mostly buy tickets for basketball games  at  bud Walton arena but don't  not show up until late February or early March .

Jborohog09

Quote from: 1highhog on June 02, 2017, 07:08:51 pm
Why?  Let's face it, right now it's the only place to where the fans actually come close to filling up the Arena and getting loud cheering on the Hogs while watching them play ball.  Right now going to games in Fayetteville is like going to a funeral.  There needs to be more and more fans turning out to watch games now that the team seems to be on the rise, will you be there??

I went to the Ole Miss game this past season and it was definitely nothing like a funeral.  Pretty rowdy crowd.

HogBeliever625

Quote from: 1highhog on June 02, 2017, 07:08:51 pm
I will not be at Verizon. I live in NWA. But I will be in Bud for multiple games. I'd be okay with it if the game at Verizon was on TV or ESPN3. That Minnesota game this year won't be a funeral and the SEC games won't be as well plus the team has higher expectations.

1highhog

Quote from: Jborohog09 on June 03, 2017, 04:52:30 pm
I went to the Ole Miss game this past season and it was definitely nothing like a funeral.  Pretty rowdy crowd.

lol, is that the first game you went to is the Ole Miss game?  See, that's the problem with the Bud Walton crowd mentality, and no, I'm not necessarily saying anyone of us is the problem, maybe all of us as a whole are.  But what I'm getting at is this, to make Bud Walton a place to be feared again by everyone it needs to be a priority from the first day of basketball season, yes, when the Hogs play the sisters of the poor we all need to fill every seat in the Bud and make it really loud and not wait until the "good" games come along.

1highhog

Quote from: 1highhog on June 04, 2017, 12:09:03 am
Now just as I answered to Jborohog09 post above in and eloquent manner I'm going to have to be more direct with you HogBeliever625.  You see, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!  If we could get rid of fans like you, then we'd be in great shape.  We have fans that travel hundreds of miles every game to watch the Hogs play, I myself travel over 3 1/2 hours, but you won't make one trip to watch your team play a usually very good opponent play ball.  Sad.  That means that anytime our team goes on the road to play an opponent you never go support them, you've never experienced the thrill of yelling at Kentucky blue bloods after the Hogs beat them on their floor or the many times we've went in and beat Bama in their house or LSU and their stinkin fans, yep, you are missing out.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jborohog09

Quote from: 1highhog on June 04, 2017, 12:09:03 am
lol, is that the first game you went to is the Ole Miss game?  See, that's the problem with the Bud Walton crowd mentality, and no, I'm not necessarily saying anyone of us is the problem, maybe all of us as a whole are.  But what I'm getting at is this, to make Bud Walton a place to be feared again by everyone it needs to be a priority from the first day of basketball season, yes, when the Hogs play the sisters of the poor we all need to fill every seat in the Bud and make it really loud and not wait until the "good" games come along.

I live on the other side of the state.  I can only make one or two games a year.  If I lived in NWA I'd be at every game.  I do get what you're saying about the OOC games and I agree, but your first post I was responding to acted like every single game was like that and that's not the case.

SRV

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on June 01, 2017, 10:44:44 pm
Agreed. I usually go every year and the attendance and atmosphere has definitely been improving.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

popcornhog

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 01, 2017, 11:43:53 pm

That's absurd that they aren't on TV. I thought all games were on at least SECN alt now.

I've long been a big proponent of ending football games in Little Rock, largely because there are only 7-8 home games; they should all be on campus imo. But with hoops and baseball, I like the novelty of it.
WPS