Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10(current)

Started by Rooka, May 31, 2006, 12:14:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooka

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 02:18:39 pm
I'm still trying to get into TNA.  I think they need a 2 hour show b/c 1 hour a week doesn't tell stories well enough.  TNA has some very talented guys on it, but I don't like Christian as a face.  The guy is a much better heel.  Plus, I think it hurts TNA's product having a WWE midcarder as its champ.  If Sting is going to be fulltime he probably should be champ to draw attention to the product. Unfortunately, we'll never get the same kind of matches that Sting put on during the days of his feud with Flair. Samoa Joe is in line for a huge push I would hope. 

Yeah, TNA definatly need a two hour show.  Sting should be champ and him and Steiner have a fued.  I am pretty sure that Samoa Joe is going to start a huge push in the near future, and it would not surprise me if during that push he gets a title shot and comes close to winning.

I forgot to add HBK to my list.  He is definatly one of my favs.
Mickie and Trish IMO have one of the best fued that WWE or anybody has ever done for a women's division.  I actually am a little interested in it now, I mean for the wrestling and storylines or course.

hydrophonic

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 02:14:44 pmOh and I'm also a huge Mickey James fan from the Women's division.

+1
"The future sucks." "Change it."

hogfan064

Glad to see I'm not the only one who think Mickey is great.  Tons of charisma and finally Trish has a worthy foe.  Victoria is actually a very good talent and as mentioned before has maybe the best finished in all wrestling.  Other than that though there isn't any quality talent.  Molly Holly was very good in the ring.  Where did she go? 

hydrophonic

Christian shouldn't have been given the strap after 2 months.  That makes TNA look weaker than him being ex-WWE mid-card.

hogfan064

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 01, 2006, 02:33:50 pm
Christian shouldn't have been given the strap after 2 months.  That makes TNA look weaker than him being ex-WWE mid-card.

And he's a terrible face.  He could've come in as a top heel, but he's killing himself kissing up to the fans.  Its really painful to watch because its so obvious he's not a guy to carry a company as a face

hydrophonic

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 02:29:23 pmOther than that though there isn't any quality talent.

I mentioned earlier - maybe in another thread - that I rewatched Benoit v Finley from Judgment Day.  I actually rewatched all the matches.  While Melina v Jillian wasn't as good as Mickie v Trish from WM22, it was a decent match.  You can tell that they are both still getting their feet wet in the ring, but they both seem willing to get after it.  Jillian took a couple of bumps that were impressive.  Melina will be a good addition to the Women's Division, and Jillian is already better than Torrie and Candice.

Hell, they should trade Jillian and Torrie.  Torrie would be better on SD! where women aren't asked to wrestle more than once or twice a year.

hogfan064

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 01, 2006, 02:41:43 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 02:29:23 pmOther than that though there isn't any quality talent.

I mentioned earlier - maybe in another thread - that I rewatched Benoit v Finley from Judgment Day.  I actually rewatched all the matches.  While Melina v Jillian wasn't as good as Mickie v Trish from WM22, it was a decent match.  You can tell that they are both still getting their feet wet in the ring, but they both seem willing to get after it.  Jillian took a couple of bumps that were impressive.  Melina will be a good addition to the Women's Division, and Jillian is already better than Torrie and Candice.

Hell, they should trade Jillian and Torrie.  Torrie would be better on SD! where women aren't asked to wrestle more than once or twice a year.

What is the girl on TNA now that was in WWE?  The Asian girl?  She did a great Frankensteiner about 3 weeks ago.  Probably better than most men ever could. 

hydrophonic

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 02:39:15 pmhe's killing himself kissing up to the fans.  Its really painful to watch because its so obvious he's not a guy to carry a company as a face

I disagree only because the TNA fans were BEGGING him to be the babyface champion.  His eventual heel turn should make for good TV.

CharlieHog

Christian is not a TERRIBLE face. He's a better heel than face, but that goes for anybody that's good on the mic.

And Christian is a good champ. The TNA fans like him. The wrestling fans that watch TNA don't think of him as a WWE mid-carder, but as a wrestler that was never given a real chance in the WWE.

CharlieHog

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 02:43:26 pm

What is the girl on TNA now that was in WWE?  The Asian girl?  She did a great Frankensteiner about 3 weeks ago.  Probably better than most men ever could. 

Gail Kim.

hydrophonic

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 02:43:26 pmWhat is the girl on TNA now that was in WWE?  The Asian girl?  She did a great Frankensteiner about 3 weeks ago.  Probably better than most men ever could. 

Gail Kim.

hogfan064

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 01, 2006, 02:46:13 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 02:43:26 pmWhat is the girl on TNA now that was in WWE?  The Asian girl?  She did a great Frankensteiner about 3 weeks ago.  Probably better than most men ever could. 

Gail Kim.

Yes, she could be used in the women's division

hogfan064

Well, I haven't watched the PPV, but the TNA fans on TV seem almost staged like the WCW fans on Worldwide were in the mid 90s.  But I'm no expert on TNA, so I could be wrong on Christian and most likely I am

CharlieHog

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 01, 2006, 02:55:23 pm

Yes, she could be used in the women's division

The WWE is lucky if their crack writers can come up with a storyline for two women much less a whole division of them.

Rooka

Quote from: CharlieHog on June 01, 2006, 02:44:20 pm
And Christian is a good champ. The TNA fans like him. The wrestling fans that watch TNA don't think of him as a WWE mid-carder, but as a wrestler that was never given a real chance in the WWE.
I have to agree, he is a good champ for TNA, but I still think he should be a heel.

hydrophonic

I don't know that they - TNA fans - are all plants, but some of them undoubtedly are.  But when you have a studio show the fans are able to really connect with the wrestlers and be REALLY loyal.  Look at ECW.

Now, I don't like the way TNA has their studio set up.  I'm surprised somebody - a wrestler, a fan, Don West, somebody - hasn't had a seizure from all the lazers.  But I do like that it is filmed in the same studio every time, even the PPVs.

I like TNA fans.  They're better wrestling fans than most WWE fans.

hogfan064

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 01, 2006, 03:08:21 pm
I don't know that they - TNA fans - are all plants, but some of them undoubtedly are.  But when you have a studio show the fans are able to really connect with the wrestlers and be REALLY loyal.  Look at ECW.

Now, I don't like the way TNA has their studio set up.  I'm surprised somebody - a wrestler, a fan, Don West, somebody - hasn't had a seizure from all the lazers.  But I do like that it is filmed in the same studio every time, even the PPVs.

Yeah, but the studio feel just gives me the impression of WCW Worldwide in the mid 90s.  Does anyone remember how bad those shows were.  At one point they were taping matches 3-4 months in advance.  I remember Steve Regal won the TV title and 4 months later you finally saw him with the belt on TV.  Now I know this isn't happening on TNA, but still it was a really bad show.  Even though World Wide was very good when it was NWA World Wide.

Rooka

June 01, 2006, 03:17:10 pm #67 Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 03:18:47 pm by Death by Hog
Quote from: hydrophonic on June 01, 2006, 03:08:21 pm

Yeah and when the fans are really into every match and everyone chanting for their own guy it makes it alot more fun to watch.  Like its kind of funny to me, anytime they chant for a person it is always the same chant. For example: Christopher Daniel's is...............FALLEN ANGEL!.....FALLEN ANGEL!.....and A.J. Styles is............Let's go A.J.!........Let's go A.J.!, Samoa Joe......Joe's gonna kill you..............Joe's gonna kill you........You never see anything like that in the WWE unless an occaisinal Pre Teen Cena chant, or when someone is wanting a tag people clap, and of course the infamous WOOOOOOOOOOO! you hear when someone is slapped.  

CharlieHog

The dual chant thing started in ROH. Not knocking the TNA fans for picking it up, b/c it's awesome.

I do love their "this is awesome" chant.

Rooka

Quote from: CharlieHog on June 01, 2006, 03:18:18 pm
The dual chant thing started in ROH. Not knocking the TNA fans for picking it up, b/c it's awesome.

I do love their "this is awesome" chant.

That is the best, it really makes watching alot fun.