Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Entrance Song?

Started by Atreyu, May 30, 2006, 03:10:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreyu

Who has the best entrance song in the business?
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

hogfan064

I'd say all 3 of Triple H's have been great.  Undertaker has a great entrance, not really the song.  The Road Warriors came out to "Iron Man" and then kicked butt for 30 seconds. 

Goldust has a great entrance, not a great song.  HBK and Booker T both have songs that have lasted nearly 15 years.  Austin's was great. 

But the best 2 IMO was the NWO and DX themes. 

Atreyu

Remember when Edge used to come through the crowd? That was awesome. And the Brood's entrance was pretty good too.

HEYHEYHEY

hogfan064

Quote from: Atreyu on May 30, 2006, 03:14:24 pm
Remember when Edge used to come through the crowd? That was awesome. And the Brood's entrance was pretty good too.

The Brood produced 2 future world champs. As weird as the group was back then you just knew Christian and Edge had potential.  Same can be said for the Spirit Squad.  Yeah its a bad gimick, but at least 3 of those guys will be stars in 5-10 years.

hydrophonic

I don't think the Spirit Squad is a bad gimmick.  It's perfect.

Other than that, +1.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Rooka

Best entrance: Sting from the ceiling and D-X
Best Theme Song: Edge, Triple H, Batista, and Austin

Atreyu

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 30, 2006, 03:32:34 pm

The Brood produced 2 future world champs. As weird as the group was back then you just knew Christian and Edge had potential.  Same can be said for the Spirit Squad.  Yeah its a bad gimick, but at least 3 of those guys will be stars in 5-10 years.

Bobby Lashley will be a star too, if they'll move him to RAW or do something with him on Smackdown.
HEYHEYHEY

Rooka

Quote from: Atreyu on May 30, 2006, 04:47:40 pm

Bobby Lashley will be a star too, if they'll move him to RAW or do something with him on Smackdown.

I wish that Bobby Lashley would move to RAW, that would be the best change I have ever seen.  That dude is awesome!

hogfan064

Quote from: Death by Hog on May 30, 2006, 05:07:38 pm

I wish that Bobby Lashley would move to RAW, that would be the best change I have ever seen.  That dude is awesome!

He's good, but I don't ever see him as a superstar like Triple H, Austin, Rock, or even Angle.   He reminds me of Ahmaad Johnson when he first came in

Rooka

Lashley need to come to RAW and face a big guy like Chris Masters.

Atreyu

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 31, 2006, 10:05:07 am
Quote from: Death by Hog on May 30, 2006, 05:07:38 pm

He's good, but I don't ever see him as a superstar like Triple H, Austin, Rock, or even Angle.   He reminds me of Ahmaad Johnson when he first came in

I pictured him as a Goldberg-type, and that seems to be what they're doing with him. He'll probably have a good run with the US Title. Anybody know for sure if they're doing the draft this year?
HEYHEYHEY

Atreyu

Quote from: Death by Hog on May 31, 2006, 10:06:34 am

Chris Masters is getting suspended for steroid use.
HEYHEYHEY

GBPackerFan

I haven't watched wrestling in several years, but I do know this.  DX's and Austin's intros were tough to beat.  DX's was the best in my opinion.  Theirs got you pumped up everytime they came out.

CharlieHog

Quote from: Atreyu on May 31, 2006, 10:08:26 am

WHAT?! Nooooooooooooooo

Masters? On Steriods? Holy crap, shocker of the century.

When are HHH, John Cena, Kurt Angle, that big black dude, etc getting suspended?

Rooka

Quote from: Atreyu on May 31, 2006, 10:08:26 am
Quote from: Death by Hog on May 31, 2006, 10:06:34 am

If this is true, WWE is no more. Everyone will be suspended.

hydrophonic

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 12:28:29 pmWHAT?! Nooooooooooooooo

Masters? On Steriods? Holy crap, shocker of the century.

;D

Atreyu

I think it's good that WWE is taking these measures on this subject.

I don't think that Triple H and Cena have done steroids. I've seen pictures of Cena from 8 or 9 years ago, when he was playing football in college. He wasn't as big as he is now, but he was still big.
HEYHEYHEY

hydrophonic

Come on now...  I'm a big time mark for HHH and even I think he's on steroids or at least was.  He's losing muscle and getting fat now.

CharlieHog

EVERY single wrestler in the WWE is on steriods. Except maybe the Big Show.

hydrophonic

I'd put the Over / Under somewhere around 75%.

I would think it would be higher, but I'm trusting Lance Storm when he says he never used.  He has a great physique and if he can get that look naturally, other guys COULD too.

CharlieHog

Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 01:52:33 pm
I'd put the Over / Under somewhere around 75%.

I would think it would be higher, but I'm trusting Lance Storm when he says he never used.  He has a great physique and if he can get that look naturally, other guys COULD too.

Jamie Noble admited to using. If Jamie Noble is on roids, everybody is.

Atreyu

And Bobby Lashley was in the Air Force
HEYHEYHEY

hydrophonic

Just for the record, I don't have a problem with wrestlers using steroids.

I bet Mabel doesn't use.

Atreyu

Mabel? You mean Viscera...

I doubt JBL does either.
HEYHEYHEY

CharlieHog

okay, everybody except the fat ones.

Mable, another horrible excuse for a wrestler.

CharlieHog

Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 02:03:11 pm
Just for the record, I don't have a problem with wrestlers using steroids.

Except for the fact that they're illegal and one of the main reasons wrestlers don't see 50...

Rooka

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 02:06:43 pm
okay, everybody except the fat ones.

Mable, another horrible excuse for a wrestler.

So True.

hydrophonic

Quote from: Atreyu on May 31, 2006, 02:04:04 pm

Whatever, just keep him off my TV.

Though, I admit I laughed last week when he said "It's a cheeseburger, baby!"

hydrophonic

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 02:07:22 pmExcept for the fact that they're illegal and one of the main reasons wrestlers don't see 50...

This is 2006, they know the risks.

What I would have a problem with is a guy being told that without them he'd lose his spot.

Rooka

Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 02:08:51 pm
Quote from: Atreyu on May 31, 2006, 02:04:04 pm

Whatever, just keep him off my TV.

Though, I admit I laughed last week when he said "It's a cheeseburger, baby!"
See it's things like that that I still tend to laugh at and are funny, but I would have loved to see a half way decent match instead.

CharlieHog

Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 02:10:34 pm

This is 2006, they know the risks.

What I would have a problem with is a guy being told that without them he'd lose his spot.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that all the big muscular guys get pushed? Regardless of ability...

Vince has a hardon for muscles and he's shoved it onto a fan base for 20 years and now the WWE marks are conditioned to think big=good.

Atreyu

You know who I think has the best skills on the mic right now? Carlito...

I can't stand him.
HEYHEYHEY

CharlieHog

Quote from: Atreyu on May 31, 2006, 02:13:42 pm

I can't stand him.

Kurt Angle.

Rooka

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 02:16:35 pm

I can't stand him.

Kurt Angle.

:-\ Ric Flair  ;D

hydrophonic

Quote from: Death by Hog on May 31, 2006, 02:18:25 pm
Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 02:16:35 pm

I can't stand him.

Kurt Angle.

:-\ Ric Flair  ;D

Chris Benoit.

Just kidding.

Mick Foley.

CharlieHog

Yeah, Foley and Flair are great. That's the biggest problem with wrestling today, nobody can cut a promo unless it includes nothing but catchphrases. I blame this on Vince, also.

hydrophonic

Ok, ok...  back on topic.

For entrance music, I like:

Triple H's "My Time"  (the one before the current "Time To Play The Game", which I also like)
The Godfather
Chris Benoit
Big Show

hydrophonic

Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 03:28:38 pmTriple H's "My Time"  (the one before the current "Time To Play The Game", which I also like)

MARK!

hydrophonic

Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 03:29:27 pm
Quote from: hydrophonic on May 31, 2006, 03:28:38 pmTriple H's "My Time"  (the one before the current "Time To Play The Game", which I also like)

MARK!

:'(

Rooka

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 03:14:21 pm
Yeah, Foley and Flair are great. That's the biggest problem with wrestling today, nobody can cut a promo unless it includes nothing but catchphrases. I blame this on Vince, also.

The styling and profilin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun!

Oh wait, Yea back on topic okay.  I'm ready.

CharlieHog

Quote from: Death by Hog on May 31, 2006, 03:32:22 pm

Flair had his catchphrases but 1) the audience did not chant along and 2) he could build a feud on the mic. There are very very very few wrestlers today that can do that.

Rooka

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 31, 2006, 03:36:58 pm
Quote from: Death by Hog on May 31, 2006, 03:32:22 pm

Flair had his catchphrases but 1) the audience did not chant along and 2) he could build a feud on the mic. There are very very very few wrestlers today that can do that.

VERY FEW partains to about 3-5, tops.

hydrophonic

Flair could cut great promos even before the catchphrases.  He's quick.  One of my favorite clips is him breaking off in mid rant "...and lady, I'm not taking you home tonight no matter WHAT you say to me."

WichitaStateRazorback

Macgyver Hawg

Chris Jericho when he went to the WWF or WWE - whatever.

I used to like Macho Man's when he was a bad guy and came into the ring with Pomp and Circumstance. 

maniax22bolts20

I want to get another copy of Wild Thing the Major League version. I think it was Joan Jett and something X. Great cover.  Another I would use  for ring theme would be Gorky Park's cover of My Generation.

Who used to enter to For Whom The Bell Tolls ?

Big Papa Satan

Kerry von Erich used to come out to Stranglehold back in Texas.  Good opener.

Flair's entrance to ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man, accompanied by about 100 women, has to be near the top.

Macgyver Hawg

Didn't Jimmy Garvin come out to sharp dressed man too?

jkstock04

My favorites were Flair's...and Hogan's Jimmy Hendrix "Standing next to a Mountain" song was pretty bad ass too.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: jkstock04 on June 01, 2006, 10:21:42 pm
My favorites were Flair's...and Hogan's Jimmy Hendrix "Standing next to a Mountain" song was pretty bad ass too.

Voodoo Child  my friend. It was done equally greatly by the also late great Stevie Ray Vaughn.

The Fantastics also entered to Sharp Dressed Man. I copied The Fargo Strut a few times in my goofier days. Kerry Von Erich also entered to Rush's- Modern Day Warrior. Thats what he entered to when he beat Flair on at least one occaision. Texas Stadium or the Cotton Bowl. The crowd was gigantic. I would say that it was close to the Wrestlemania-Silverdome record of 93,000 plus. 85,000 minimum is a safe bet. Kerry could have had "it" all . Just goes to show what happens when you give up on yourself. Too bad out of all that talent Kevin Von Erich is the only one remaining. I'm told Kevin has at least one son interested in a wrestling career if he hasn't already started one. He has at least 2  daughters. Great family guy and personable yet understandably reserved.