goldberg
brock lesnar
undertaker
kane
hhh
x-pac
ric flair
and others.

my favorite is probably stone cold. all though i like sting and undertaker, too.

Since 1894

Quote from: clemensrules01 on January 10, 2006, 09:22:35 pm
WCW, WWF, and WWE included as well as all the others:

some of the more famous ones:
stone cold
hulk hogan
andre the giant
sting
bret hart
the rock
diamond dallas paige
macho man
Mr. t
kevin nash
the giant/big show
ultimate warrior
shawn michaels
mankind
goldberg
brock lesnar
undertaker
kane
hhh
x-pac
ric flair
and others.

my favorite is probably stone cold. all though i like sting and undertaker, too.

"Some of the more famous ones" - if you are like twelve!!!

You have to go back farther in time to find some real wrestlers, not "entertainers".  My favorites growing up were Dick Murdock and Cowboy Bob Watts (I think that was his name) from Oklahoma.  Mean SOBs for sure.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

toshortrock

the undertaker is good,stone cold was funny as hell,i like sting,even tojo,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Boared

I don't think you can really compare the older ones such as JYD, Mr. Wrestling II, Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, and Hulk Hogan vs. the newer wrestlers as they have better roids, more athletic, and are much larger.

Buff

stone cold was tough as a boot and mean as sin - thats my pick

DOGALUM

My vote.......

[attachment deleted by admin]
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

hellrazor

January 10, 2006, 11:28:04 pm #7 Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 11:30:56 pm by hellrazor

I'd have to ask:     on what grounds is someone the best?
technically?       Bret Hart, Beniot, Kurt Angle, Dean Malinko
Goldberg goes at the bottom of the technical ability list..
also.. I can not forgive him nor Brock Lensar for that lazy-ass excuse for a match at Mania XX.
There are guys at indy shows making 10 bucks a night and they've all put on a better show.

as for showmanship, I'd have to say either Hogan, Flair or Michaels.
Flair, because.. well, damn it, he's Ric Flair!

but I don't think anyone changed the face of wrestling more than Hogan and Michaels.

raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

hellrazor

Quote from: Since 1894 on January 10, 2006, 09:30:22 pm

You have to go back farther in time to find some real wrestlers, not "entertainers". My favorites growing up were Dick Murdock and Cowboy Bob Watts (I think that was his name) from Oklahoma. Mean SOBs for sure.

Bam Bam Gordy
... some UWF for that ass!
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

What about Andre the Giant?   "Anybody want a peanut"
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

RazorWire

Bruno Samartino was the best of all time. Mil mascaras close second. Mr Wrestling 2 third.

For showmanship none better than the Hulk. Rick Flair second  WOO!

Snoop Hoggy Hog

Lando Calrissian

Shawn Michaels, before he turned old and crappy.

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker in that first ever "Hell in the Cell" match is the single best wrestling match I've ever seen.

Sting vs Hogan & the NWO takes the "best storyline" honors.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

secthumper

The meanest SOB to EVER enter the squared circle!!

Bruiser Brody... stabbed and bled to death in Puerto Rico in 1988!

Long Live "The Bruiser"

His matches with Abdullah the Butcher in Texas in the 80's are still legendary!!

Danny Hodge would be a close second, followed by Maniac Mark Lewin, The Sheik, and The original Spoiler!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

LL COOL HOG

The Von Ericks....need help with spelling.   They were my favorites.  Then It was Ricky the Dragon Steamboat?  JYD, JImmy Super Fly Sn%&%# something...heck  I was like 8 years old.  Then It became obvious that it was all scripted and way to many fake punches...just became a fun thing to watch....I can't take it serious anymore

LSUFan

Quote from: Since 1894 on January 10, 2006, 09:30:22 pm
You have to go back farther in time to find some real wrestlers, not "entertainers". My favorites growing up were Dick Murdock and Cowboy Bob Watts (I think that was his name) from Oklahoma. Mean SOBs for sure.

Cowboy Bill Watts

Quote from: hellrazor on January 10, 2006, 11:28:04 pm

Who you think would beat your ass down better in a bar fight.

My Picks; Junkyard Dog and Hacksaw Jim Dugan, before Wrasslin was show.

mr4pt

QuoteHis matches with Abdullah the Butcher in Texas in the 80's are still legendary!!

I remember one where Abdullah the Butcher took out a fork and raked it across Brodies forehead......that was graphic.

holman24

an oldie but a goodie Harley Race!!!!  10 - time world heavy weight champion

southog

A-Town Hog Fan

Lord help us all!

Swino

Ko Ko Beware and Keri Von Erik

Best tag team is the Rock & Roll Express.

A-Town Hog Fan

What about the Ultimate Warrior and for tag team Hawk and Animal or the Bushwackers.
Lord help us all!

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka

Junkyard Dog

I quit watching wrestling at like 11, so my point of reference is dated. ;D

A-Town Hog Fan

Lord help us all!

GorillaJMonsoon

Gorilla Monsoon. Not only did he break backs, he went on to have a long career in broadcasting which showed that he could actually string together a coherent sentence, which is more than I can say for most of the roid burnouts today.  I haven't actually watched wrestling for more than 2 minutes in over 15 years so...

hellrazor

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 11, 2006, 03:18:29 am

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker in that first ever "Hell in the Cell" match is the single best wrestling match I've ever seen.

Lando!           FINALLY something we argree on!

respirback

SultanofSwine

RazorWire

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on January 11, 2006, 08:33:26 am
Gorilla Monsoon. Not only did he break backs, he went on to have a long career in broadcasting which showed that he could actually string together a coherent sentence, which is more than I can say for most of the roid burnouts today.  I haven't actually watched wrestling for more than 2 minutes in over 15 years so...

Never heard of him ...

hoggiefan

what about el rudo or benjamin cayne?

they rock!

JFHWGBKRIII

You aold timers left off "Gorgeous George"?? ;D ;D ;D

GorillaJMonsoon

January 11, 2006, 01:11:09 pm #33 Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 01:13:39 pm by GorillaJMonsoon
Quote from: RazorWire on January 11, 2006, 12:01:53 pm
Gorilla Monsoon. Not only did he break backs, he went on to have a long career in broadcasting which showed that he could actually string together a coherent sentence, which is more than I can say for most of the roid burnouts today. I haven't actually watched wrestling for more than 2 minutes in over 15 years so...

Never heard of him ...

He was from back in the day when wrestling was real, smoking was good for you, and drinking and driving wasn't a crime. Most people probably just remember him as the announcer Robert "Gino" Marella. Here he is with the Governor to be of Minnesota.

Inigo Montoya

dman

8)Dr X, Freebirds tag team, Dandy Jack Donovan and his wife with the purse full of cold cream jars. Damn I'm getting old. :razorback:  MM will be a Razorback. :razorback:

hogs4life

RazorWire

Best Villians

1)  The Spoiler

2)   Abdul the Butcher

3)   Roddy Piper  ( until he turned )

RazorWire

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on January 11, 2006, 01:11:09 pm
Gorilla Monsoon. Not only did he break backs, he went on to have a long career in broadcasting which showed that he could actually string together a coherent sentence, which is more than I can say for most of the roid burnouts today. I haven't actually watched wrestling for more than 2 minutes in over 15 years so...

Never heard of him ...

He was from back in the day when wrestling was real, smoking was good for you, and drinking and driving wasn't a crime. Most people probably just remember him as the announcer Robert "Gino" Marella. Here he is with the Governor to be of Minnesota.

J/k I was actually referring to your anonymity bro :0

PintailKiller

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 11, 2006, 03:18:29 am
Shawn Michaels, before he turned old and crappy.

Sting vs Hogan & the NWO takes the "best storyline" honors.

What about the Rock and the Nation vs NWO back in the day for a story line.
I also likes the Ultimate Warrior, Sting, Stone Cold, the Rock, and Jerry "the King " Lawler.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Snoop Hoggy Hog

hellrazor

Never heard of him ...

Wrestling can still be very real and the audience will never know the difference.

Quote from: dman on January 11, 2006, 01:23:41 pm
8)Dr X, Freebirds tag team, Dandy Jack Donovan and his wife with the purse full of cold cream jars. Damn I'm getting old. :razorback: MM will be a Razorback. :razorback:

Freebird:   PS Hayes and Terry Bam Bam Gordy
hell yeah
Oh yeah, Dr Deatch Steve Williams and Ted Dibiase!
Terry Taylor and Chris Adams!
That is probably the best time for wrestling that I can remember

hellrazor

January 11, 2006, 03:14:28 pm #42 Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 03:20:12 pm by hellrazor
Quote from: hoggiefan on January 11, 2006, 12:12:50 pm
what about el rudo or benjamin cayne?

they rock!

Benjamin Cayne, the greatest?
Oh yeah!  The only people that know that are the ones that know from experience.
Tell me, have you been to the top of space mountain!
:-D

heinekenhary

Quote from: hellrazor on January 10, 2006, 11:28:04 pm

technically?       Bret Hart, Beniot, Kurt Angle, Dean Malinko
Goldberg goes at the bottom of the technical ability list..
also.. I can not forgive him nor Brock Lensar for that lazy-ass excuse for a match at Mania XX.
There are guys at indy shows making 10 bucks a night and they've all put on a better show.

as for showmanship, I'd have to say either Hogan, Flair or Michaels.
Flair, because.. well, damn it, he's Ric Flair!

but I don't think anyone changed the face of wrestling more than Hogan and Michaels.

You're a man after my own heart.  Ric Flair is the greatest showman EVER in wrestling AND the best talker!  There's a reason why wrestlers hate(d) getting in the ring with Hogan, Undertaker, Goldberg and the Ultimate Warrior.  THEY CAN'T SELL!  The guys that got in the ring with them had to do all of the work and carry the match only to lose in the end b/c those guys were the "chosen ones".

On the other hand Cactus Jack(bang! bang!), Shawn Michaels, HHH, Flair, Benoit and RVD are guys that can sell any move and will do anything for the match.  The other wrestlers love working with those guys.

My favorites are JYD(RIP), Mr Wrestling II, Shawn Michaels and (the oldest ride in the park but still has the longest line!) THE NATURE BOY RIC FLAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

DOGALUM

Quote from: hellrazor on January 11, 2006, 03:06:17 pm

Never heard of him ...

Wrestling can still be very real and the audience will never know the difference.

Quote from: dman on January 11, 2006, 01:23:41 pm
8)Dr X, Freebirds tag team, Dandy Jack Donovan and his wife with the purse full of cold cream jars. Damn I'm getting old. :razorback: MM will be a Razorback. :razorback:

Freebird: PS Hayes and Terry Bam Bam Gordy
hell yeah
Oh yeah, Dr Deatch Steve Williams and Ted Dibiase!
Terry Taylor and Chris Adams!
That is probably the best time for wrestling that I can remember
Michael PS Hayes....Terry Bam Bam Gordy....and you left one of the Fabulous Freebirds out.....Buddy Roberts!!
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Lanny

Four Horsemen

Rick Flair, Tully Blanchard,Ollie Anderson, Arn Anderson and JJ Dillion.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooo
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Big Papa Satan

heinekenhary

Quote from: RedRazor on January 11, 2006, 06:38:56 pm
There would be no professional wrestling if it was not for Hulk Hogan

Several smites for you!
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

B-Sticks

noprayerfornutt

Dick Murdoch
Butch Reed
Ken Patera
Ted Dibiase
Cowboy Bill Watts
Jake the Snake Roberts
Dick Slater
Kamala
Skandar Akbar

I quit watching rasslin' after the UWF went under.