Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It appears details of CMA's contract extension were misreported/misrepresented.

Started by k.c.hawg, January 30, 2018, 04:47:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

The narrative was it was a hollow extension done to help recruiting. Now that the contract is out it is more than obvious that his buyout was extended by two years as well. It has already been said his contract had a flat million dollar buyout which was false. He will be owed $1m for every year of his contract that is not fullfilled if he is terminated. I personally like this because people advising recruits are smart enough to look into coach's contracts. Hollow contracts that have no penalty for terminating a coach show no commitment to the coach but an intent to deceive. Page 3 and 4 provide the details of termination and the key words are "cumulative basis." I was suspicious immediately because he signed the contract in November when there was still $2 million owed in his buyout. I could not figure out why anyone would give up a $1 million in financial security to sign a new deal that could be terminated for $1 million. Hope CMA goes out and makes this contract look like a damn good investment!!

http://www.arkansasonline.com/andersoncontract/#3
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

labb

I think that he has already make his contract look like a good investment..A lot have forgotten what a dumpster fire our program was when he gave up a very good situation to come to us.

razorback1829

Quote from: labb on January 30, 2018, 05:02:02 pm
I think that he has already make his contract look like a good investment..A lot have forgotten what a dumpster fire our program was when he gave up a very good situation to come to us.

You speak facts my man.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 04:47:57 pm
The narrative was it was a hollow extension done to help recruiting. Now that the contract is out it is more than obvious that his buyout was extended by two years as well. It has already been said his contract had a flat million dollar buyout which was false. He will be owed $1m for every year of his contract that is not fullfilled if he is terminated. I personally like this because people advising recruits are smart enough to look into coach's contracts. Hollow contracts that have no penalty for terminating a coach show no commitment to the coach but an intent to deceive. Page 3 and 4 provide the details of termination and the key words are "cumulative basis." I was suspicious immediately because he signed the contract in November when there was still $2 million owed in his buyout. I could not figure out why anyone would give up a $1 million in financial security to sign a new deal that could be terminated for $1 million. Hope CMA goes out and makes this contract look like a damn good investment!!

http://www.arkansasonline.com/andersoncontract/#3
You've already posted about this in other threads.

He is a top 15 paid coach.  He should be giving some money back soon if he doesn't get the program there or our roi is crap. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

raz1965

I guess the posters that said the buyout was a flat million was just trying to rattle the Anderson fans or just assumed what they wanted too. I like Hogville but at least half the posts are garbage, I guess the ignorant support the hog program financially the same as reasonable minded people. Go Hogs.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 30, 2018, 05:46:05 pm

He is a top 15 paid coach.  He should be giving some money back soon if he doesn't get the program there or our roi is crap.

Bielema ain't giving us crap! He torched us and robbed us blind then left smiling like a fat kid living in a donut shop.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 30, 2018, 06:01:31 pm
Bielema ain't giving us crap! He torched us and robbed us blind then left smiling like a fat kid living in a donut shop.

Agreed. A much worse ROI.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

onebadrubi

We just paid a coach 12 mill to walk.   Mikes contract means nothing if he did in fact need to be let go

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 30, 2018, 06:07:00 pm
We just paid a coach 12 mill to walk.   Mikes contract means nothing if he did in fact need to be let go

Reality.   This buyout isn't prohibitive whatever it is.   

Doesn't matter right now. He is safe if he does good enough and no reason to think he won't keep that up.   

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 30, 2018, 05:46:05 pm

Yes I have and since all the other threads had 75% of the people posting that it was a symbolic gesture, with no changes in his buyout, with no extra financial ramifications to fire him, that it was simply done for recruiting, I felt it needed it's own thread. And, it is being reported that way by Arkansas media that covers the basketball team......I want any recruit that looks at this board to know it is BS and is being perpetuated by people that don't know the facts and people that have an agenda against the coach. Everyone should know (including recruits) it is not a symbolic extension that happens many times, it was a 2 year extension with a raise and an agreement to add $2 million to his buyout should he be terminated. Now I hope the coach keeps the arrow pointing up on the program, the extra buyout money means very little in terms of job security but his contract details should no be misrepresented to back up an agenda.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 06:14:25 pm
Yes I have and since all the other threads had 75% of the people posting that it was a symbolic gesture, with no changes in his buyout, with no extra financial ramifications to fire him, that it was simply done for recruiting, Ifelt it needed it's own thread. And, it is being reported that way by Arkansas media that covers the basketball team......I want any recruit that looks at this board to know it is BS and is being perpetuated by people that don't know the facts and people that have an adenda against the coach. Everyone should know (including recruits) it is not a symbolic extension that happens many times, it was a 2 year extension with a raise and an agreement to add $2 million to his buyout should he be terminated. Now I hope the coach keeps the arrow pointing up on the progam, the extra buyout money means very little in terms of job security but his contract details should no be misrepresented to back up an agenda.

The buyout amount would not prevent his firing.  However we may be a little hesitant till BBs is mitigated by him getting another job.  If it were to get to that point.  I think MA keeps doing enough.

k.c.hawg

I could care less about the buyout. What I don't like is people calling the extension symbolic and hollow and was only given to assist in recruiting. Recruits read these boards and they should know it was not symbolic and hollow. It was an extension that was indicative of a belief that the program is on the rise due to the coach.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 06:22:38 pm
I could care less about the buyout. What I don't like is people calling the extension symbolic and hollow and was only given to assist in recruiting. Recruits read these boards and they should know it was not symbolic and hollow. It was an extension that was indicative of a belief that the program is on the rise due to the coach.

Well...maybe that was Long's view. 

k.c.hawg

The contract was originated last April, Mike, the chancelor, the president and the bot  didn't sign until after Long's arse had been run.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 06:38:30 pm
The contract was originated last April, Mike, the chancelor, the president and the bot  didn't sign until after Long's arse had been run.

He initiated it.  It was signed because you don't not extend a coach you don't plan on firing.   The part you don't want to hear.   This extension is not big news.   

PharmacistHog

Let him miss the tournament this year and next and you will see just how symbolic it is.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 30, 2018, 06:44:41 pm
He initiated it.  It was signed because you don't not extend a coach you don't plan on firing.  The part you don't want to hear.   This extension is not big news.   

OK I will assume you mispoke. If not it is the stupidist analogy I've ever heard. We are going to fire this guy so get in there and rework his deal so we have to pay him $2 million more when we fire him. Seriously??

I'm sure Long did initiate it. But if your wife initiated something you didn't want to happen would you sign off on it after you divorced her?? None of this minutia means s##t other than people being all too willing to characterize the extension in a way that fit their agenda WITHOUT the facts.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 30, 2018, 06:46:35 pm
Let him miss the tournament this year and next and you will see just how symbolic it is.

It will be symbolic with 7 figures beginning with a $ and a 2.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 06:56:31 pm
OK I will assume you mispoke. If not it is the stupidist analogy I've ever heard. We are going to fire this guy so get in there and rework his deal so we have to pay him $2 million more when we fire him. Seriously??

I'm sure Long did initiate it. But if your wife initiated something you didn't want to happen would you sign off on it after you divorced her?? None of this minutia means s##t other than people being all too willing to characterize the extension in a way that fit their agenda WITHOUT the facts.

Didn't misspeak.  You are in denial of why contracts for coaches are extended in situations like this. 

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: labb on January 30, 2018, 05:02:02 pm
Anderson isn't going anywhere and I am dang glad he's here!

But the dumpster fire BS is just that BS. He won with Portis and Qualls and the next season we didn't make any tournament. Were we a dumpster fire then?

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 30, 2018, 07:12:45 pm
Didn't misspeak.  You are in denial of why contracts for coaches are extended in situations like this. 

No, they often are extended just in the way that the anti CMA people on here portrayed his extension to be. With no additional buyout. You don't give a coach you are contemplating firing 2 more years of buyout at $1m a year. A $100k raise and $2 million more if we terminate you.........right.

latrops

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 30, 2018, 06:12:56 pm
Reality.   This buyout isn't prohibitive whatever it is.   

Doesn't matter right now. He is safe if he does good enough and no reason to think he won't keep that up.

This.  If the decision makers decide to let him go, then they will do it.  A buyout of one million or three million isn't much of a factor.

The extension does confirm the obvious that he is not getting fired any time soon.  He has through next season at a minimum.

latrops

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 07:18:33 pm
No, they often are extended just in the way that the anti CMA people on here portrayed his extension to be. With no additional buyout. You don't give a coach you are contemplating firing 2 more years of buyout at $1m a year. A $100k raise and $2 million more if we terminate you.........right.

Who says anyone is contemplating firing Anderson any time soon?

k.c.hawg

Quote from: latrops on January 30, 2018, 07:22:00 pm
Who says anyone is contemplating firing Anderson any time soon?

See the above post where the Atl claims tey extended him because they planned on firing him!! I offered him the opportunity to say he mispoke but he say's I'm naive!! They gave him an extra $2m in a buyout because they were contemplating firing him. Even though the extension was signed off on in the last month.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 07:18:33 pm

Who is contemplating firing?

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 30, 2018, 06:44:41 pm
He initiated it. It was signed because you don't not extend a coach you don't plan on firing.   The part you don't want to hear.   This extension is not big news.   

I think that would be you. This is why I asked you if you mispoke....maybe a don't where you didn't intend it to be.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 07:28:53 pm
See the above post where the Atl claims tey extended him because they planned on firing him!! I offered him the opportunity to say he mispoke but he say's I'm naive!! They gave him an extra $2m in a buyout because they were contemplating firing him. Even though the extension was signed off on in the last month.
Don't not extend a coach you don't plan on firing = extend coaches you plan on keeping. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 07:36:11 pm
I think that would be you. This is why I asked you if you mispoke....maybe a don't where you didn't intend it to be.

Did would be past tense.   This goes for every coach now and in the future.  We've had this same discussion many times for other coaches across different sports.   Nothing different about this situation. 

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 30, 2018, 07:40:31 pm
Did would be past tense.   This goes for every coach now and in the future.  We've had this same discussion many times for other coaches across different sports.   Nothing different about this situation. 

I see the error of my ways. I'm not quite used to the don't/not, double negative. I should have realized I was on a sports board.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 07:45:34 pm
I see the error of my ways. I'm not quite used to the don't/not, double negative. I should have realized I was on a sports board.

Yep.  Not well written on my part. Happens when I type on phone as I try to be brief.