Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just talked to an East Texas high school coach...I’m pumped!

Started by hawgon, February 14, 2018, 12:44:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swestwill66

Out of Texas high in Texarkana: Ryan Mallet, Rod Smith, Nathan vasher and more I can't recall off the top of my head.

Swestwill66

Dennis Johnson from across town. Seems like Liberty Eylau turns out some pretty good players on occasion.

wildhogman

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 16, 2018, 04:36:56 am
If you’re skeptical on Jimbo where do you sit on Morris?
Well given most experts, abroad and here on hogville think Jimbo is a great coach. I think he will fall short and the aggies will be typical aggies.
Now given that certain experts. (YOU and a few others) expect CCM to fail and at best be avg 7-8 wins a year. I think CMM will succeed. Ya know do better then 7-8 wins avg.  But hey I am using flawed data, (again experts like you and others) so the numbers maybe a lot different.

Diamondbackhog

Quote from: twistitup on February 16, 2018, 09:58:35 pm
Byron Bam Morris was another East Texas stud...man among boys back then
You got that right. I coached against him when he was a HS freshman. He was well over 200 lbs and won the 100 meters at the district track meet.  He was very physical too. He played for the Steelers and had an older brother that played for the Bears, from a 2A HS.

cpohog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on February 15, 2018, 01:39:01 pm
Uhhhh... yes... Earl, “the pearl “ Campbell was from Tyler....   he was a man among boys, not only in college but the NFL as well...
Earl Campbell from Tyler
Billy Sims from Hooks Texas
Adrian Peterson from Palestine Texas
Eric Dickerson from Sealy Texas
All 4 were from small schools in Texas and all did pretty well in college and the NFL..

twistitup

Quote from: cpohog on February 17, 2018, 07:56:24 am
Earl Campbell from Tyler
Billy Sims from Hooks Texas
Adrian Peterson from Palestine Texas
Eric Dickerson from Sealy Texas
All 4 were from small schools in Texas and all did pretty well in college and the NFL..

You missed one:

Byron 'Bam' Morris

Cooper, TX - 2-AA
Steelers - Super Bowl leading rusher (in a loss)
Tx Tech - Doak Walker Award Winner
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hawgon

Quote from: Swestwill66 on February 16, 2018, 10:27:55 pm
Dennis Johnson from across town. Seems like Liberty Eylau turns out some pretty good players on occasion.

Oh, just the occasional Doak Walker award winner, an NFL receiver and a free safety, and an Olympian. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on February 15, 2018, 10:12:25 pm
I was at OU when Billy Sims was there. Barry Switzer knew the value of recruiting east Texas.

He knew the value of $$$$$$$$ as it relates to recruiting.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

cpohog

Quote from: twistitup on February 17, 2018, 08:05:29 am
You missed one:

Byron 'Bam' Morris

Cooper, TX - 2-AA
Steelers - Super Bowl leading rusher (in a loss)
Tx Tech - Doak Walker Award Winner

Thanks for the assist! I knew I would leave someone out...as this thread has mentioned.....2A FB in Texas is not to be confused with 2A FB in our state.

mevskithog

Deep Shoat

Quote from: mevskithog on February 20, 2018, 10:22:48 am
Dez Bryant went to Lufkin
Weve gotten some pretty good players out of Lufkin over the years, too.
All Gas, No Brakes!

mevskithog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 20, 2018, 11:40:47 am
Weve gotten some pretty good players out of Lufkin over the years, too.
I lived there for a year across the street from the stadium and was able to see every home game
in 2016. Pretty incredible for HS ball. Especially when I was used to 2A north LA ball..

HouSwine

The Highway 19 corridor from Houston through Huntsville, Crocket, Palestine, Canton, Athens, Sulphur Springs to Paris, Texas, looks like fertile recruiting grounds to me.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on February 14, 2018, 06:31:02 pm
Good news.

The key to success at Arkansas has been and always will be recruiting well in Texas.

Lots of truth in the above post.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

twistitup

Quote from: HouSwine on February 20, 2018, 01:51:50 pm
The Highway 19 corridor from Houston through Huntsville, Crocket, Palestine, Canton, Athens, Sulphur Springs to Paris, Texas, looks like fertile recruiting grounds to me.

I like your thinking.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DLUXHOG

Quote from: HouSwine on February 20, 2018, 01:51:50 pm
+ it's a beautiful drive....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)