Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

widespreadsooie

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 21, 2014, 09:54:15 am
Pretty good day for me...

10/12 on my picks, and in the positive around 14 units for the day. I'll take that all day every Saturday as long as my bookie would keep me on lol.

Great day man

SPAL

Quote from: Spikes on September 21, 2014, 10:13:13 am
What I love about this tread.. Everyone is here for one thing, and no bi-polar posters here..

My big game is dolphins today.. 3 units  buy down to 3..

And always Jeffs and Sir Pigs picks as well!! Good luck

yraciv

7-1 on Saturday, 7-2 for the week counting that Auburn loss
YTD 22-14, +17 Units

This is coming off of a 7-1 last week.  Man it feels good to be hot! I'd play the Broncos today if I was to toy with the NFL, but really don't feel the need with  how I'm streaking in college.  Plus it's just easier to keep my betting tabs focused on 1 sport.

SPAL

September 21, 2014, 02:56:13 pm #7203 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:13:00 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
im glad the saints decided to miss an extra point...instead of winning the -11 spread, i just pushed. Got the nfl monkey off my back with the bengals.

Edit : for Some reason, i had a brain lapse and was under the impression I had the saints at -11 when i actually had it -10. I blame the 3 hours of sleep between 2 16 hour shifts.

2-0 On The day....
18-11-1On The Year

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 21, 2014, 02:56:13 pm
im glad the saints decided to miss an extra point...instead of winning the -11 spread, i just pushed. Got the nfl monkey off my back with the bengals.

1-0-1 On The day....
17-11-2 On The Year

Thought you had Saints -10? Should have been a winner!
Let's make some waves.

6-1 yesterday

4-2 today. Lost the two totals I bet. I am terrible at that. Gonna start leaving totals alone!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Im gonna go ahead and post this. Jeff texted me before kickoff of the OU game and said he moved his play to a 5 dime play.

So, drinks on jeff.

SPAL

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 21, 2014, 03:05:39 pm
Thought you had Saints -10? Should have been a winner!

Wow. Thats correct. Not sure why i thought i was playing 11. 😳

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 21, 2014, 03:08:37 pm
Im gonna go ahead and post this. Jeff texted me before kickoff of the OU game and said he moved his play to a 5 dime play.

So, drinks on jeff.

:)
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 21, 2014, 03:08:37 pm

So, drinks on jeff.

Made for a monster day for sure!
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 21, 2014, 03:09:48 pm
Wow. Thats correct. Not sure why i thought i was playing 11. 😳

You owe me!  haha

I teased the heck out of the NFL today and only one on the nickel tease of Indy and Cincy. 

I did however do a large parlay on 2H O Philly 28, dallas -4, and San Diego +2.  I won it, just waying for the that philly game to end to pay out.  That one bet pulled me out of the cellar, along with having over a dime on indy today.  Unfortunately, I didn't have much on the later games due to lack of units and didn't get all the bets placed I wanted.  Scrambled to get some action in on the three games. 

Hoping Denver rolls, KC and Miami goes to a scoring fest, and San fran crushes zona. 

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 21, 2014, 03:37:19 pm
You owe me!  haha

I'll pay my debt with a  Free week of my ultra secret, high roller, millionaire, 45 star, lead pipe lock baseball club subscription.

Comes with a money back guarantee that if I lose, your next free pick is on the house.       

razorjack12

Phil Steele releases his "Best Bets" in college football every week.   The first week he went 4-0.  Since then he has gone 6-11.   Naturally, I only wagered on his picks from week 2 through 4.

Tusks

anything on the hogs/a&M line yet?

im guessing 13 since its at a neutral site.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

SPAL

Quote from: tusked on September 21, 2014, 04:25:10 pm
anything on the hogs/a&M line yet?

im guessing 13 since its at a neutral site.

Hasn't been released. I'm thinking -10 aggs.

onebadrubi

Quote from: razorjack12 on September 21, 2014, 04:18:44 pm
Phil Steele releases his "Best Bets" in college football every week.   The first week he went 4-0.  Since then he has gone 6-11.   Naturally, I only wagered on his picks from week 2 through 4.

I actually wrote some of his plays down and was going to play a few, sadly I wrote them on the back of my notes and didn't realize till late last night. 

That being sad, I liked his North Carolina play (would have been wrong) and I played the Southern Miss play on my own, which was a sad miss extra point from going to OT then it would have been probable win. 

Tusks

I thought the first college lines usually hit the street after the late NFL games started.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 21, 2014, 04:29:13 pm
Hasn't been released. I'm thinking -10 aggs.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

SPAL

Quote from: tusked on September 21, 2014, 04:33:05 pm
I thought the first college lines usually hit the street after the late NFL games started.

Vegas Indider posted tamu -14.5 at 5:10

Man I wanna bet the black and gold tonight, but I'm not gonna pull the trigger !
Let's make some waves.

jkstock04

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 21, 2014, 12:38:56 pm
Great day man
That Utah @ Michigan game was genius. My buddies told me it was an idiotic bet up until Utah started handling them. Then lots of back pedaling lol. Did you get on the ml or spread? Pretty sure you were the one on here talking about taking them.

So far I'm 2-0 on NFL picks today...maybe Carolina will put up a number and make it a perfect card for the day.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 18, 2014, 05:40:05 pm
I just bet a $350 6 1/2 point teaser...took Auburn down to -2 1/2 and over 43 1/2 in Eagles-Redskins.  This bet actually makes a lot of sense to me but nothing is ever a gimme...I am risking $350 to make $322 but man that extra 1/2 point is worth it sometimes.

This is why I like to bet teasers...so freaking lucky that Auburn didn't lose the game outright.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 19, 2014, 09:22:43 am
3 team 10 point teaser that pays 7-8 (almost even $ and you don't lose on any pushes).  Hogs -4 Sooners +2 NOSaints at pick em....if this loses then the world is coming to an end next week...LOL

Another teaser, but this one all 3 cover outright so wasted 10 points but still a winner.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 19, 2014, 05:06:52 pm
I just played a $35 parlay that will pay me $304 if it hits...and here is the best part it is only a 2 gamer...but I need the SF-UConn game to go over 43.5 and I need Indiana to win the game OUTRIGHT at Mizzou tomorrow.  Longshot but always a shot!

Tstorms Friday night got me on this one!

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 16, 2014, 05:33:23 pm
I got in at +6 this morning for $300 and saw it is now down to +4.5 and I hate betting games this early but I knew it would start moving.

Easy winner on Utah

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 19, 2014, 10:38:12 pm
Here is a game that I am really starting to like the more I dig into the match-up.  Texas St is by no means a powerhouse, but they are a scrappy little team who gave Navy all they wanted for most of the game.  Illinois is very very bad and I don't see them being up for this game at all even though it is at home.  I have a computer ranking calculation that gives an accurate point spread on a neutral field and it has Illinois only being 2 points better than Texas St.  Since they are catching 13 and it would be a big deal for them to go into Illinois and come out with a victory...I really like this bet.  I have a lot of bets out right now, but I did just put $150 on Texas St.  Just some food for thought...anyone have a feel for this game one way or another?

Texas St had a big lead and barely held on for the cover but still a winner vs the spread.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 21, 2014, 09:13:05 am
over 50.5 Eagles-Skins ***BIG
under 43 49ers-Cards
Broncos +5 @ Hawks ***BIG

What a terrible way to not go 3-0 with the 6 point loss in OT!

HogFanInBryant

HogFanInBryant

widespreadsooie

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 21, 2014, 06:47:48 pm
That Utah @ Michigan game was genius. My buddies told me it was an idiotic bet up until Utah started handling them. Then lots of back pedaling lol. Did you get on the ml or spread? Pretty sure you were the one on here talking about taking them.

So far I'm 2-0 on NFL picks today...maybe Carolina will put up a number and make it a perfect card for the day.

Yeah, I was all over Utah at +3.5. They have a solid squad and I expect Michigan to keep declining.

onebadrubi

$wise I got my clocked cleaned this weekend!  Hope you guys did better.

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 21, 2014, 10:47:08 pm
$wise I got my clocked cleaned this weekend!  Hope you guys did better.

Me too. I'm new to this. Just started last weekend and had a lot of beginners luck. It reversed this weekend. Brings a whole new excitement level to watching football though. Perks of being young and single. I can blow my money on stupid stuff and catch no grief.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on September 21, 2014, 11:01:42 pm
Me too. I'm new to this. Just started last weekend and had a lot of beginners luck. It reversed this weekend. Brings a whole new excitement level to watching football though. Perks of being young and single. I can blow my money on stupid stuff and catch no grief.

It gets addicting real fast! 

onebadrubi

I have Bears +3 and the O at 42 for 7.5U this MNF.  Might add a little 1H wager as well later on. 

widespreadsooie

Hogs opened up at +8.5 on my book this morning. I would be all over A&M if I weren't a Hog.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 22, 2014, 11:26:26 am
Hogs opened up at +8.5 on my book this morning. I would be all over A&M if I weren't a Hog.

That's what I am thinking. I have it at +9 but don't think we keep it that close in the 4thq

onebadrubi

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 22, 2014, 11:26:26 am

The money is moving it towards the hogs this morning, which I am shocked is the case.  Mine opened at +10 and is now at +8.5

It will  be interesting to see the O/U.

Hawgndaaz

SPAL

widespreadsooie

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 22, 2014, 11:30:35 am
The money is moving it towards the hogs this morning, which I am shocked is the case.  Mine opened at +10 and is now at +8.5

It will  be interesting to see the O/U.

The over will be the play. I expect it to be around 72.

onebadrubi

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 22, 2014, 11:47:53 am
The over will be the play. I expect it to be around 72.

I wouldn't touch it over 64 or 65

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 22, 2014, 10:29:46 am
I have Bears +3 and the O at 42 for 7.5U this MNF.  Might add a little 1H wager as well later on. 

I got the Bears at +3 and the U at 44 1/2 tonight. Been burned enough already taking the O in the NFL. Going to give the U a try.

SPAL

Skipping pro football for the MLB...

A's -130 over the Angels.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 22, 2014, 03:11:27 pm
Skipping pro football for the MLB...

A's -130 over the Angels.

Aren't the A's the worse team in baseball right now and the Angels the hottest?  Worse may not be the correct word, but severely going in the wrong direction?

StuartDavin

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 22, 2014, 04:11:13 pm
Aren't the A's the worse team in baseball right now and the Angels the hottest?  Worse may not be the correct word, but severely going in the wrong direction?

He may have his own reasons, but for me, baseball betting is all about the starting pitchers.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: StuartDavin on September 22, 2014, 04:15:37 pm
He may have his own reasons, but for me, baseball betting is all about the starting pitchers.

Absolutely. Starting pitchers control all other facets of the game.

onebadrubi

Quote from: StuartDavin on September 22, 2014, 04:15:37 pm

He's taking smardja (I BUTCHERED THAT SPELLING) who his team has lacked to score him 0 runs in 5 outtings when he held the opponents to 0 ER's (I believe that is correct, heard that stat the other day).

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 22, 2014, 04:11:13 pm

The halo's have already clinched the division while the Athletics are in a dog fight for the wildcard spot. Smardzja is a solid arm and has a very good ERA for american league baseball. I see the A's playing desperate baseball in front of the home crowd and getting a 4-2 win.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 22, 2014, 04:38:54 pm
The halo's have already clinched the division while the Athletics are in a dog fight for the wildcard spot. Smardzja is a solid arm and has a very good ERA for american league baseball. I see the A's playing desperate baseball in front of the home crowd and getting a 4-2 win.

Not questioning your MLB bets, cause you've made some good bets.  Just wondering.  I don't disagree with your antics there, just crazy that A's couldn't pick up Smardzja help him. 

I follow that wager just for Sir's MLB rep. 

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 22, 2014, 04:43:18 pm
Not questioning your MLB bets, cause you've made some good bets.  Just wondering.  I don't disagree with your antics there, just crazy that A's couldn't pick up Smardzja help him. 

I follow that wager just for Sir's MLB rep. 

Trey Killian approves this message. 

Cheers...gonna be a good night for baseball betting.