Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

I still haven't placed my bet yet, because vegas seems to know something I don't.  I just can't see Kstate having the depth to hold Auburn.  After seeing the Hogs first half with them I'm definitely leaving the first half alone though, at least with the spread. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 17, 2014, 08:33:46 pm
Ok I misread that.  Makes me feel better for sure.

FYI I just heard the bucs are missing 4 starters for tonights game for injuries. 

Polecat

I like Auburn tonight. They've done very well ATS under the Gus bus
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Hawgndaaz

AU has covered 13 games in a row

Malzahn is 15-1 ATS at AU

McKdaddy

Got AU -7 on my site. 3u. Crazy movement, was -11 mid-morning.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 18, 2014, 11:40:17 am
AU has covered 13 games in a row

Malzahn is 15-1 ATS at AU

And this guy just JINXED us!  ha

ur

AU starting safety, Whitehead, suspended for game.

hawgwild child

Falcs/Bucs over 45
Teased 6pts Falcs -1 and over 39
Teased 6pts falcs -1 and aub -3.5

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: razorjack12 on September 18, 2014, 04:36:37 am
What does everyone think of a -330 Money Line wager on Auburn?

I just don't see how K State wins this game.   Which is always what I say before making a stupid wager.

Probably a winner, but I just don't bet like that.
Let's make some waves.

Got Auburn at -7.5 Bought the hook so

Auburn -7 / Dime play.

Something here is too good to be true.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Quote from: razorjack12 on September 18, 2014, 04:36:37 am
What does everyone think of a -330 Money Line wager on Auburn?

I just don't see how K State wins this game.   Which is always what I say before making a stupid wager.

Terrible Idea...

The Payout on a bet like that isnt worth the risk. Sure, you almost certainly make some coin, but you have to pony up ALOT to make it matter, then you could lose.

Just not worth it to me

SPAL

Its a thursday night home dog....

wouldnt touch it with jeff's money

swinemaster

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 17, 2014, 10:28:48 pm
Parlays are nice but I don't have the patience to parlay games not on the same day!  Ha

Since my favorite hobbies are deer hunting and fishing, I'm pretty good with the patience thing. But I can see where you're coming from. 

What about Parlaying the over with Auburn tonight?

DadVader1

I ended up getting MO at -13.5 so added that.  I'm at 1/2 unit each on the following:

San Jose St. +8.5
Virginia +14
Miss. St. +10
GT +8.5
OK -8
MO-13.5

onebadrubi

Quote from: swinemaster on September 18, 2014, 02:47:13 pm
Since my favorite hobbies are deer hunting and fishing, I'm pretty good with the patience thing. But I can see where you're coming from. 

What about Parlaying the over with Auburn tonight?

Auburn could run wild tonight and hit the 40's with points or more.  That puts a lot of pressure on Kstate to hit 21-28 to get you there definitely.  I'm not banking on that.  Kstate has issues with their games already this year.  Auburn won't have issues with the crowd noises.  However, I am with Jeff and something is too good to be true here.  Vegas knows something we don't right now.  either way I'm still hedging that Gus, a back up qb, and that slew of talent coudl will their way to a 10+ point victory, even if its 21-10. 

Parlay with the NFL if you are looking for a parlay?

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 18, 2014, 02:44:49 pm

And Snyder coaching makes it even worse, but I gotta do it! Can't help myself.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

yraciv

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 18, 2014, 02:44:49 pm

The fact Auburn is coming off a bye week, helps with that fear in my opinion. Saturday-Thursday turnaround I'd agree, but K State was on a bye too.

Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Ive got:
Au -9 2u
Au -8 2u
Au -7 8u bought hook

War damn eagle

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 18, 2014, 10:45:09 am
Buying it back down to 9?  Did your book move it too -11?  I can get it at -7 for -150

Actually, I just checked again, I can get it at -7 for -110!!!!!

I'd buy down a 1/5 point for about -125, then drop a nickel/dime on it.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 18, 2014, 02:40:45 pm
Got Auburn at -7.5 Bought the hook so

Auburn -7 / Dime play.

Something here is too good to be true.

Guess I should have read more before hitting post...lol

Glad we are on the same side on this one.

How you like my bet management? only bet 25 games through the first 3 weeks, last year I was putting 25 bets for 1 game sometimes...haha

HogFanInBryant

I just bet a $350 6 1/2 point teaser...took Auburn down to -2 1/2 and over 43 1/2 in Eagles-Redskins.  This bet actually makes a lot of sense to me but nothing is ever a gimme...I am risking $350 to make $322 but man that extra 1/2 point is worth it sometimes.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 18, 2014, 05:03:22 pm

How you like my bet management? only bet 25 games through the first 3 weeks, last year I was putting 25 bets for 1 game sometimes...haha

Well I guess if War dang eagle covers this thread will be happy, if not we will all be very pissed! 

I'm like you, I can have 10 bets plus on a game, especially if I'm having a bad saturday or sunday and trying to make up some with quarters or halfs. 

SPAL

I didn't play any football but had I played, it would been over 62

As it stands, I have the mariners over the angels

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 18, 2014, 05:40:05 pm
I just bet a $350 6 1/2 point teaser...took Auburn down to -2 1/2 and over 43 1/2 in Eagles-Redskins.  This bet actually makes a lot of sense to me but nothing is ever a gimme...I am risking $350 to make $322 but man that extra 1/2 point is worth it sometimes.

Sick feeling in my stomach! 

onebadrubi

Holy cow!  I can't watch cause I'm at a function deal but I'm told auburn is tanking

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 18, 2014, 05:03:22 pm

Proud of you. I quit saying stuff to you about it last year, but you were out of control homie. Worst part is I knew that you knew better!
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 18, 2014, 08:02:35 pm
Proud of you. I quit saying stuff to you about it last year, but you were out of control homie. Worst part is I knew that you knew better!

Thanks, yes I was, more than anyone here knows, and yes, yes I did. This year is different.

WILL CLINTON

I'm ready for some of ole Gus' balleyhooed halftime adjustments to kick in.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 18, 2014, 08:32:11 pm
I'm ready for some of ole Gus' balleyhooed halftime adjustments to kick in.

I'm scared they will give kansas st the cushion to score another 7 and ruin the spread!  DANGIT

hollywood hog

Hogville curse in full effect.  I wouldn't have put a dime on this turd if I had seen everyone was playing it.  Instead I end up dropping a dime on it.... 

onebadrubi

That hurt.  I guess it's good I couldn't watch the game. 

Hawgndaaz

That sucks! Oh well, k state gave them every opportunity to pour it on and Auburn didnt take advantage of it.

Polecat

Frick frick frick frick Auburn and their qb. That is all
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

widespreadsooie

Auburn brings me to 7-8, tough beat.

Saturday card finalized:

GT +8
Utah +3.5
MIZ -13.5
Idaho +14

hawgwild child

jkstock04

That Utah line has moved the opposite direction needed all week long.. I should have jumped on it early as I was wanting to bet that game....irritating because I thought money would come in on Michigan and would move in my favor.

I feel like if I'm gonna bet it now I just need to play the money line.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hawgwild child

Thinking of teasing both Duke and Boise to -11 for 5 units

DadVader1

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 18, 2014, 10:17:45 pm
Auburn brings me to 7-8, tough beat.

Saturday card finalized:

GT +8
Utah +3.5
MIZ -13.5
Idaho +14

The spreadsheets like all of those plays.  I just couldn't bring myself to bet on Idaho & Paul.  Plus, it's a week or two away from having enough data to have much confidence in the spreadsheets just yet.  I'm also a little worried about the quick about-face on MO.  Locally, it moved from -14 to -15 yesterday, and today it had moved back to -13.5.  I took it anyway.  Good luck!

SPAL

Smartest man in the room....

Avoided the Thursday night meltdown that is typically thought to be attributed to the hogville curse and had another good night on bases with Seattle over the angels. Nothing good happens on Thursday night when the Hogville Investors Club all bet on the same team. I've learned it the hard way. You could do some serious damage to the books if you fade hogville on Thursday night.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 19, 2014, 02:36:31 am

Avoided the Thursday night meltdown that is typically thought to be attributed to the hogville curse and had another good night on bases with Seattle over the angels. Nothing good happens on Thursday night when the Hogville Investors Club all bet on the same team. I've learned it the hard way. You could do some serious damage to the books if you fade hogville on Thursday night.

Kicking a man when he's down, just wrong!  haha. 

I got lucky and made up half of what I lost my teasing Auburn and Atlanta for nickel. 

HogFanInBryant

3 team 10 point teaser that pays 7-8 (almost even $ and you don't lose on any pushes).  Hogs -4 Sooners +2 NOSaints at pick em....if this loses then the world is coming to an end next week...LOL

onebadrubi

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 19, 2014, 09:22:43 am
3 team 10 point teaser that pays 7-8 (almost even $ and you don't lose on any pushes).  Hogs -4 Sooners +2 NOSaints at pick em....if this loses then the world is coming to an end next week...LOL

I've always lost on teases when it's a push.  Maybe I need to look back into that. 

widespreadsooie

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 18, 2014, 10:54:52 pm
That Utah line has moved the opposite direction needed all week long.. I should have jumped on it early as I was wanting to bet that game....irritating because I thought money would come in on Michigan and would move in my favor.

I feel like if I'm gonna bet it now I just need to play the money line.

I hear that. Thought it would go up too. 5dimes is reporting 58% of the bets on MIC though, a little reverse line movement. I like being on that side.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 19, 2014, 12:22:08 am
The spreadsheets like all of those plays.  I just couldn't bring myself to bet on Idaho & Paul.  Plus, it's a week or two away from having enough data to have much confidence in the spreadsheets just yet.  I'm also a little worried about the quick about-face on MO.  Locally, it moved from -14 to -15 yesterday, and today it had moved back to -13.5.  I took it anyway.  Good luck!

These MIZ lines have been weird this season. Vegas completely whiffed on them the past two weeks. Idaho has been averaging around 35 points this season while Ohio is around 12. Ohio also replaced 8 starters on offense this season. Ohio may not even pull this one out as Idaho is my most confident bet, not confident enough for a max bet though. Best of luck to you too, as always.

onebadrubi

I took South Florida -2 for 2 units for tonight.  Hope to solidify my weekend stuff up after lunch.  Looking at some major teases since not liking some of the spreads. 

NFL looks promising this weekend, just hope the lines hold through saturday.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 19, 2014, 09:22:43 am

Be careful crossing 0 on teases, I tend to think a lot of value is lost when doing so. For instance, if OU were to lose straight up, I doubt that +2 is going to matter. On the other hand if you had WVU +18, that's a pure +10 point advantage. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Best of luck to you.

McKdaddy

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 19, 2014, 02:36:31 am

Alcohol helped get over it.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

SPAL

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 19, 2014, 11:41:38 am
Be careful crossing 0 on teases, I tend to think a lot of value is lost when doing so. For instance, if OU were to lose straight up, I doubt that +2 is going to matter. On the other hand if you had WVU +18, that's a pure +10 point advantage. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Best of luck to you.

My opinion is stay away from crazy parlays and weird teasers and stick to a sound, financial system. I see too many people bust trying to hit a big bet and get rich quick. I like residual income. My system plays 1 or 2 plays every single day and I have steady income per day. I still believe a slow and steady approach and a sound reinvestment strategy is the way to go.