Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spurrier beats Fulmer.....

Started by treyschaap, October 29, 2005, 10:15:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

treyschaap

Tennessee upset by two touchdown dog USC......University of South Carolina....16-15  Spurrier 8-3 all time against Fulmer.

RAZ FAN

Couldn't happen to a better program. I hope the ship keeps sinking next week in South Bend. And hopefully Memphis or Vandy can beat them to keep them out of a bowl.

jabohog

History may be repeating itself. If I ain't mistaken Johnny Majors was relieved after a Spurrier ass whooping that led to a Florida east championship.

arkhogdog61

he was just boo hooing on espn poor phillip
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

kremlinhog

i know it was tongue in cheek but nuT at tenn-lol, nuT coaching anywhere, lol

memo to phat phil-two platooning at qb hardly ever works, but i bet we try it next year with rojo and mm for a while

RAZ FAN

Tennesse fans want put up with this crap even if he has won a NC for them. If they don't make a bowl he could be on a very hot seat. I can tell you this, they won't hold on to him like ARK (Broyles) is to Nutt, Fulmer will be gone next year if they don't make a bowl this year and if this happens next year also.

MajorHog

you are dead right.  in some places excuses and whining get you nothin' but canned.

UT fans expect better and that means -- guess what? -- they are going to get something better.  they demand championships there and the administration moves to placate their fans.

why do we have Nutt after eight years still making the same ol' excuses, still losing, still being Nutt?  because we have Hog fans who think this is as good as we can do, who are content to go to the Indy Bowl in Shreveport, who think the season is made if Nutt upsets Tenn or Texas or some other ranked team.

we are getting what we expect.  TRANSLATION: EXPECT MORE.
You will salute these Hog Clusters, Mister!

Hate'em?  Tell'em so!

www.HornHater.com - an official sponsor of Hogville.net

wincrimson

Spurrier hands Phat Phil his ass once again...

Ahh, like old times.

bigred7987

I think Vandy beats Tennessee.  Their defense can stop the run but not the pass.  Memphis is a bit of a stretch and Kentucky is well Kentucky. 
But I pray the Vols aren't bowl eligible....Randy Sanders is already gone...they will force that change and then dependin on the rest of the season will depend on how tight of a leash big Phil is on next year
http://firerandysanders.com/contents/home.asp

jabohog

You'll see assistants fall this year and Phil's ass on the line next year.

abq

It looked like Phats was having a heart attack in the final moments of the game. I seriously thought we were gonna see the broadcast turn into an episode of ER.

jabohog

Quote from: abq on October 29, 2005, 11:22:42 pm
It looked like Phats was having a heart attack in the final moments of the game. I seriously thought we were gonna see the broadcast turn into an episode of ER.
Man, no darn. Did you see him pull of those head phones and tell someone to bring him something to drink. That tongue was running out about four inches it was so dry.  I hate to have pleasure at someone elses expense, but in Fat Phil's case I will make an exception.

HogInMemphis

Vol fans wearing paper bags on their heads already. And Hog fans are still wanting to keep Nutt after 8 years of crap. I don't get it. SC beats TN in Knoxville in Spurrier's first year - something Nutt has yet to be able to do.

HawgWyld

Quote from: treyschaap on October 29, 2005, 10:15:03 pm
Tennessee upset by two touchdown dog USC......University of South Carolina....16-15 Spurrier 8-3 all time against Fulmer.

Hey, Nutt fans! Still banking on South Carolina as an easy win next week?

HawgWyld

Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 29, 2005, 11:39:42 pm
Vol fans wearing paper bags on their heads already. And Hog fans are still wanting to keep Nutt after 8 years of crap. I don't get it. SC beats TN in Knoxville in Spurrier's first year - something Nutt has yet to be able to do.

Obviously, they have worse fans in Tennessee. Remember, you're supposed to support the team and it's coach no matter what!  :puke:

Lanny

Nutt will be intimidated by Spurrier next week too.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

bigred7987

most Vol fans are fair weather....very few die hard.  They will turn on the program in no time

NCGatorBait

I think it should be mentioned that Spurrier has beaten Fulmer and the Vols at Neyland with 3 different teams: Dook, UF, and SC.

dirty stanchez

Quote from: NCGatorBait on October 30, 2005, 01:10:35 am
I think it should be mentioned that Spurrier has beaten Fulmer and the Vols at Neyland with 3 different teams: Dook, UF, and SC.

Is he the only one to do that?

94 Hawg

I can't pinpoint why, but I just love to see TN get beat, even if it is by "darth visor" ;D

same goes for Memphis (or any Calapari team) :P

Sth. Carolina is gonna give "Arky" a tough game next week
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

e_dub

Oh my god!!!!! Fat Fulmer got beaten!!! Let me savor this hardon.  The only thing that would be better is if Fulmer had a stroke on national television and I was able to see that very moment.  I hate Fulmer and I hope he grows a big fat ucler and bleeds to death.

beachhawg

Any time old Phat Fulmer gets beet, you gotta raise your glass and cheer!

Steve C

If I understood the announcers correctly last night during the Tenn game....it sounds like they are in jeopardy of NOT becoming bowl eligible.  They will lose to Notre Dame and may win the rest of their conf games, but if I heard it correctly that would still only give them 5 wins.  Does anyone know for sure their schedule and record currently?

94 Hawg

Quote from: Steve C on October 30, 2005, 01:20:53 pm
If I understood the announcers correctly last night during the Tenn game....it sounds like they are in jeopardy of NOT becoming bowl eligible. They will lose to Notre Dame and may win the rest of their conf games, but if I heard it correctly that would still only give them 5 wins. Does anyone know for sure their schedule and record currently?
man, you'd have to have internet access to find that out ;)

TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS (3-4, 2-4 SEC)
Home Stadium: Neyland (104,079)
Sept. 3 UAB (JP) W 17-10
Sept. 17 at Florida (CBS) L 16-7
Sept. 26 at LSU [ESPN2} W 30-27 (OT)
Oct. 1 OLE MISS W 27-10
Oct. 8 GEORGIA [CBS] L 27-14
Oct. 22 at Alabama [CBS] L 6-3
Oct. 29 SOUTH CAROLINA L 16-15
Nov. 5 at Notre Dame (NBC) 2:30 p.m.
Nov. 12 MEMPHIS [HC] TBA
Nov. 19 VANDERBILT TBA
Nov. 26 at Kentucky TBA

they have to win 3 of those to go bowling
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers