Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Troy James wavering?

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, January 27, 2017, 05:56:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 27, 2017, 03:14:09 pm
I think this is the best info in the thread - we got to Sept 1 and had a small number of DL options. Edwards, Young, Johnson...all JUCO. James is the only HS DT that I recall us giving serious attention.

What we don't know, of course, is how many we wanted to sign, and if any were supposed to be JUCOs. But, I am betting they wanted more DL options in the freshman class.

Bet there are some tense moments as they wait for James to finish the OU visit and get back with UA coach.

We had a HS DE committed for a while before he flipped to OM a few month back.  Don't recall his name.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 27, 2017, 03:24:46 pm
We had a HS DE committed for a while before he flipped to OM a few month back.  Don't recall his name.

Ryder Anderson.  The young man who wasn't even a starter on his high school team.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 27, 2017, 03:24:46 pm

Well, he said he was committed. Bielema said we only had 19, when everyone thought we had 20. He also never said he was de-committing from us, only that he was committing to OM.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 03:32:38 pm
Well, he said he was committed. Bielema said we only had 19, when everyone thought we had 20. He also never said he was de-committing from us, only that he was committing to OM.

But the 19 stuff came out just prior to him committing to OM.  It wasn't out there before that as I recall.  I think the kid was originally an actual commit.  I don't think he was any real loss.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 27, 2017, 03:39:53 pm
But the 19 stuff came out just prior to him committing to OM.  It wasn't out there before that as I recall.  I think the kid was originally an actual commit.  I don't think he was any real loss.

Had the media asked how many we had committed previously?

The_Boot_stops_here

Anderson was considered a commit from just about every recruiting news service available, including RD, Otis, etc...Not that it matters

Hollywood870

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 27, 2017, 09:47:07 am
Oh I didn't realize you were expecting him to fix the rushing defense as a true freshman. Now I understand why you are complaining now, as compared to your other posts...wait aren't you always complaining?
Stop making excuses. Did we really have the worst rushing D in the country?

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 04:16:30 pm
Anderson was considered a commit from just about every recruiting news service available, including RD, Otis, etc...Not that it matters
It doesn't, it only mattered to the staff.

King Kong

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 27, 2017, 04:17:05 pm
Stop making excuses. Did we really have the worst rushing D in the country?

Not setting the edge because of Robb Smith not changing alignments. And of course Segrest and Robb not getting along

Oklahawg

I originally thought that James was a DE replacing Anderson. Not sure if the commit and de commitment aligned like that.

Never seemed to be a lot of DT or DE names, even last summer.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hollywood870

Quote from: King Kong on January 27, 2017, 04:20:19 pm
Not setting the edge because of Robb Smith not changing alignments. And of course Segrest and Robb not getting along
Yeah, I noticed that we basically stayed in a straight up nickel vs spread teams for the entire game.

Muskliketusk

Yep old OU is desperate with their three DL commits one of who is an Army all American and we are in the cat bird seat with one of ours getting ready to flip to them. Bless their hearts. The things folks make up on here is pretty amazing.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

ricepig

Muskliketusk

Dang desperate suckers and there top 5 class.  :puke:
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

ricepig

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

We don't know if this is a bad loss or not. Every single recruit IMO is a gamble. We don't know if they will be good or not.  Just don't get fired up over probably nothing.

The_Iceman

gibby

Muskliketusk

Snake oil Bob got his hooks in em. Somebody shoulda told him that confefence don't play defense anyway. Hope this battle ain't over yet. Coaches gotta go strong at him when he gets home.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 27, 2017, 04:41:38 pm
University of Arkansas!

So....maybe he didn't decommitt from us.......

AirWarren

Muskliketusk

Quote from: gibby on January 27, 2017, 04:44:48 pm
Wait, OU plays defense?
Nobody in the little 12 does especially not OU. Think they used to but they forgot how.

The_Iceman

Who else is out there for us on the DL?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 03:59:22 pm
Had the media asked how many we had committed previously?

huh?

Bubba's Bruisers

Muskliketusk

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 27, 2017, 04:49:12 pm
Better than we do.
doubt that. we had a bad year for a change but their D been terrible for like 10 years.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 27, 2017, 04:47:53 pm
huh?

Simple question, Dawson asked about the 20 commits and how many could/would they take, Bielema responded that their number was 19. So, had the media previously asked about the number of commits, seems like a straight forward question.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 27, 2017, 04:51:48 pm
doubt that. we had a bad year for a change but their D been terrible for like 10 years.

We have had plenty of bad years.  The last 2 in particular.  And as I recall, BP supposedly didn't play defense, so those must have been bad years too.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 04:52:44 pm
Simple question, Dawson asked about the 20 commits and how many could/would they take, Bielema responded that their number was 19. So, had the media previously asked about the number of commits, seems like a straight forward question.

I don't know.  Had they?

WooPig90

WooPig90

Heard that he told the coaches last night he was for sure a razorback, and didnt tell them that he was on an official with OU.

IronMountainHog

Arkansas University, grammatical errors, signs off with a square tipped Sharpie? I think we will be alright without this one. Adios Muchacho.

theshiva

Arkansas University? What a jackass.

Anyway our run defense sucked and we have no Dline commits. Hopefully such a great secondary class won't be negated with a patchwork Dline in the future.

luke hawg

This is why there needs to be an early signing period. We just got screwed by a kid that lied until the end.

go hogues

What a joke. Same song different verse. Can't hold on to the ones we have and can't land the big fish that flirt with us.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

The Boar War

ricepig

Hollywood870

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on January 27, 2017, 04:41:35 pm
We don't know if this is a bad loss or not. Every single recruit IMO is a gamble. We don't know if they will be good or not.  Just don't get fired up over probably nothing.
Yeah man. Totally.

ricepig

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 27, 2017, 05:00:59 pm
Heard that he told the coaches last night he was for sure a razorback, and didnt tell them that he was on an official with OU.

Somebody reads another board, lol.

Hollywood870

ricepig

Quote from: go hogues on January 27, 2017, 05:15:46 pm
What a joke. Same song different verse. Can't hold on to the ones we have and can't land the big fish that flirt with us.

Calloway won't be a big fish? I'm sure you weren't complaining when he committed to us from Kansas, were you?

ThisTeetsTaken

How long had he been committed to us?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

go hogues

We'll go steal some 2* committed to Western Kentucky or some such and proclaim "this is the guy we wanted from the start!"
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

forrest city joe

It is what it is. this is why you never stop recruiting players even when you are almost full.i hope our coaches move on.don't waste anymore time on him.

Hollywood870

HardingHog

This is "karma" for Curl pulling the ole switcheroo at his commitment press conference

Now I'm just praying none of our mentally unstable fan base tweets anything idiotic at the kid

It is kinda disappointing because out or all our commits it seems he made the biggest deal about his commitment (video announcement/family wearing Hog gear)

Hollywood870

Quote from: HardingHog on January 27, 2017, 05:33:53 pm
This is "karma" for Curl pulling the ole switcheroo at his commitment press conference

Now I'm just praying none of our mentally unstable fan base tweets anything idiotic at the kid
At least Coach B should be safe on tha Twitter.

ricepig

Quote from: HardingHog on January 27, 2017, 05:33:53 pm

Well, I read the 5 or so tweets on his de-commitment tweet, and they were sane, just wait until the sauce kicks in for Joe 6-pack tonight, I'm sure it will be Clay Travis worthy.

Hollywood870

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 05:37:53 pm
Well, I read the 5 or so tweets on his de-commitment tweet, and they were sane, just wait until the sauce kicks in for Joe 6-pack tonight, I'm sure it will be Clay Travis worthy.
I do like our strategy of signing 0-1 D Lineman this year. When do they matter in the SEC anyway? In the words of The Great Cal Noughton Jr. "I'm surprised by your tactics."

Sportsguy

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 27, 2017, 04:46:15 pm
Nobody in the little 12 does especially not OU. Think they used to but they forgot how.

This narrative is ridiculous. Big 12 had best scoring defense in bowl season. How did our SEC do? They actually have QB's in their conferemce. Makes a huge difference.  OU gave up 13 to Auburn. Completely shut them down(Auburn scored last TD to make 19 against OU backups). And from looking at their schedule they didn't give up 30pts in 6 straight games. Pretty good in Big 12.