Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What channel will SEC network be on television in your area?

Started by bigpigonthehill, August 04, 2014, 03:22:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

Quote from: ricepig on August 10, 2014, 01:23:29 pm
My question is, at times they will have two games on the network at the same time, especially early on. Has anyone seen multiple channels, or will we just get one game?

I havent heard but i doubt we get more than 1 channel, probably will see the regional game in that case. im just guessing though
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Dr. Starcs

HogPsych, who did you get that from?  And would that apply to nwa?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 10, 2014, 01:35:17 pm
HogPsych, who did you get that from?  And would that apply to nwa?

Knowing how things go in NWA, we will only SEC East games....
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Broadway Rob

SIAP, I have been out of town for the past week.

If you have Suddenlink in Jonesboro, the SEC Network will be airing on channel 35 and on channel 800 in HD.

WPS!

Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

libertyhog

aredwolfrazorback

i knew they would complete the deal but had a terrible feeling they would not have the hd channel for whatever reason.

if you have suddenlink you will understand that feeling.
With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

elksnort

Does anyone get an audio glitch on their HD suddenlink channels?

HogInThaGrove

aredwolfrazorback

Quote from: elksnort on August 11, 2014, 01:33:16 pm

i get screen tears and glitches all of the time. just one of the many reasons i love suddenlink so much.
With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

Bucksnort

OK, so today I called Cox and was told The SEC Network would be automatically included IF a person has at least Expanded Basic service. No channel assignment yet in NWA. stay tuned

ricepig

They have it on 59 too, both have the SEC Network logo doing circles and music playing like the start of one of those old NCAA x-box games.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on August 10, 2014, 01:09:56 pm
Uverse has placed it among ESPN's family on networks (ESPN, 2, News, U, Classic) so look for it around those existing channels.

607/1607

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: HogPsych on August 10, 2014, 01:21:10 pm
I was told Cox wil host it on 77, 2077 for HD.

That is what I heard as well. 1607 on Uverse. Not sure about other service providers.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Con el Cerdos

My question is, at times they will have two games on the network at the same time, especially early on. Has anyone seen multiple channels, or will we just get one game?

I think there will be three football games broadcast each week.  There maybe Thursday night games and two each Saturday.

Overall there will be 45 football games broadcast each season.  Not sure that the SECCG is one of those.  Just don't know about the latter.

HogPsych

I think I saw it online on a back Cox web page. I think it does apply in NWA, I'm in Fay.

ricepig

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on August 11, 2014, 07:57:04 pm
I think there will be three football games broadcast each week.  There maybe Thursday night games and two each Saturday.

Overall there will be 45 football games broadcast each season.  Not sure that the SECCG is one of those.  Just don't know about the latter.

On Sept 6th they are showing 2 games in each slot.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/05/sec-network-football-schedule-first-four-weeks-2014-season/

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TexArkHogFan

If this was posted I missed it but this is good news for Texarkana since Cable One is our only choice other than satellite.  I live in an apartment and Cable One is my only choice.  I work the late night drive thru at a local liquor store and a Cable One guy came thru last night and I asked him about it .  He said they were carrying it on the standard cable lineup which means no additional fee.  Also mentioned they were carrying NFL Red Zone, whatever that is. Did a search and found the link.

http://www.sunherald.com/2014/08/01/5724341/cable-one-reaches-agreement-to.html
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Cassperr

Seen this at the first of the month. This is great news for us non satellite people.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

OptimusHog

Thank goodness. I despise Cable One and when I checked last month and saw that they hadn't picked it up I almost lost it.

Dr. Starcs

HamIAm

Suddenlink in Magnolia is 58 on standard definition, 800 on high definition. Suddenlink customers can find the channel for their location on the suddenlink website under channel lineup.  I'm assuming whoever the cable carrier is in Springdale provides a similar listing on their website.

Suddenlink local lineup weblink -
http://www.suddenlink.com/television/lineup.php

HamIAm

Springdale Cox Cable shows SEC Network on channel 276 with overflow on 277.  High Definition on 2076 and 2077. This appears to be the channel on all Cox systems in Northwest Arkansas, at least Springdale, Fort Smith, Harrison, Berryville.

http://www.cox.com/residential/tv/channel-lineup.cox

SWMO_HOG

I've got suddenlink in SWMO.  Channels 68 & 69 in SD, and 268 & 269 in HD.

SuddenlinkHelp

Quote from: elksnort on August 11, 2014, 01:33:16 pm

Hi elksnort - Thomas with Suddenlink here!  I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your TV service.  I'd be happy to investigate this issue for you.  Please feel free to email me directly at socialsupport-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.  Thank you!

regi

Comcast/Xfinity, SD will be Channel 300, Hd will be Channel 736, In the North Georgia/Atlanta area...Ur welcome

jbcarol

http://getsecnetwork.com/channel-finder

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  5h
As SEC Network prepares for launch, some channel and package info now available | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/AiCZi

QuoteMany viewers will be able to find specific channel numbers at  http://getsecnetwork.com/channel-finder by entering their zip code and cable or satellite provider.

It includes information for some of the primary providers:

DirecTV: Channel 611

DISH Network: Channel 408 or on the Hopper at 404, with overflow games on 596-597 or on the Hopper at 404.1, 404.2 or 404.3

AT&T U-Verse: Channel 607 (standard definition) or 1607 in HD, with overflow games on 608-610 SD or 1608-1610 HD

Bright House Networks: 95, 410 and 1410 HD, with overflow games on 492/1492

DirecTV customers will need the Choice package, while DISH subscribers will need the America's Top 120 Plus, America's Top 200 or America's Top 250 package. Pricing is available at directv.com and dish.com

Two of the biggest cable providers in the state of Alabama, Charter and Comcast, do not have channels listed on the site. A Comcast spokesperson said Wednesday that viewers will need the preferred package to get the network, but the specific channel number will not be available until Thursday.

Charter subscribers can get the SEC Network with an expanded basic or Charter select package.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pigasaurus

Dish in S.E. Ar is showing 145 on one of the ESPN alternate channels.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

jbcarol

Keith Farmer @LEX18KFarmer  ·  7h

@UKMitchBarnhart Here's where to find @SECNetwork in Lex. area. @DIRECTV-611, @dish-408, @TWC-516 SD & 517 HD, @ATT-607 SD & 1607 HD

jbcarol

Joe Walljasper @JoeWalljasper  ·  11m

For Columbia and Jefferson City Mediacom customers, SEC Network will be on channel 51 in standard definition and 734 for HD.

Ex-Trumpet

Just got off the phone with Verizon FiOS...still no agreement.  Dude on the phone acted like he had never heard of SEC Network.  Morons--they have had to be loaded with complaining customers threatening to bail.

FIOS OFFICIALLY SUCKS!!!  Guess I'm gonna have to get Time Warner...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

razorbacker3

HuntsvilleHawgFan

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 17, 2014, 05:03:39 pm
That's what I thought. That's what we have. But it's not coming in. Guess I gotta call and talk to someone who can't speak English.

Been there done that

It is on dish channel 408, but you have to call and have your dish authorized to receive it.

With the excellent Dish Network support team, should not take more than 20 minutes to do what should take 20 seconds.

LouisianaHog

On my Dish it's Channel 404. But I'm in Louisiana and everything is backwards here. Lol

3kgthog

I had to do the same thing. All "Jaric" had to do was send my box a signal to update the program guide.

Theolesnort

There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Pigasaurus

Easiest way to talk to them is online chat feature.  I did one troubleshooting session and two upgrades this way and only had to wait a few minutes one time.  Just log in email and password and they have your account in front of them.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Rzback

In South GA I only have SEC channel standard and HD but in my FL home I have SEC and SEC Overflow and both in HD.
"Bright House Networks offers the SEC Network on channel 54 and 1150 HD, or on the alternate channel 530/1191 HD" My understanding is that if there are 2 SEC games being broadcast at the same time both games will be shown only one will be on the overflow channel??? Anyone know anything else about the overflow channel?
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

RazorBassin

They are going to have you unplug your dish and plug it back in.  Channel 408 is what the SEC Network is for me.  Good luck!

TDHawgs

I can confirm that on the Hopper it's channel 404.  I told them that I thought it came with the America's Top 120 basic but I had to upgrade to America's Top 120 Plus package, I asked what kind of deal they could give me. They gave me $5 dollars a month off, so it didn't cost very much to get it now. My point is; make sure you ask for any promotions, etc.

Chestodrawers

I'm on ritter and its on 72 and 71 says sec alternate channel, but there nothing on there yet.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

johnny cash

fakebobholt

I have looked all over the Internet and cant find it. What channel is the sec network on for comcast Infinity customers. Thanks

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)