Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What channel will SEC network be on television in your area?

Started by bigpigonthehill, August 04, 2014, 03:22:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regi

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 15, 2014, 05:00:23 pm
Just got off the phone with Verizon FiOS...still no agreement.  Dude on the phone acted like he had never heard of SEC Network.  Morons--they have had to be loaded with complaining customers threatening to bail.

FIOS OFFICIALLY SUCKS!!!  Guess I'm gonna have to get Time Warner...

Okay, Verizon told me that it will be offered on channel 75, in SD. No HD offered.  I then told the Verizon rep that there was an article that said that TX and FL would be carrying 575 also, which is HD.  He had no clue.

Apparently Verizon communicates with their employees about as well as they communicate with their customers.

And, it still isn't showing up on the channel guide...I was told it would be up by USCe/aTm.  I'll believe it when I see it!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jbcarol

Where to find the SEC Network in Nashville:

AT&T U-Verse: 607 SD and 1607 HD

Charter: 34, 328 SD, 802 HD

Comcast: 718 SD and 1738 HD

Cox: 335 SD, 1335 HD

DirectTV: 611

Dish Network/Hopper: 408/404

TDS: 632 SD, 1632 HD

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vols/2014/08/13/sec-network-channels-nashville
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Snoutmaster

They have a one hour window between the Kentucky-UT Martin game and our game

Phil D

Quote from: Snoutmaster on August 30, 2014, 07:13:58 am
really smart on their part I like it.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Snoutmaster on August 30, 2014, 07:13:58 am

I was just thinking this...

It's about time a TV network figured it out.  The old system pissed fans off with the early games often running into the afternoon game's start.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  52m
Where to watch & live stream Auburn vs. Arkansas, other Saturday college football games | http://ow.ly/ATiC5
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

nebhog70

Is anyone seeing the SEC Network Alternate Channel on the Directv Guide?

Hog game on Saturday will likely be on the alternate channel as it is scheduled the same time as the Gator game.

Thanks
"Never surrender opportunity for security."
Branch Rickey

Brer Hog

I called on this Saturday during  lightning delay and was told that if broadcasting on alternate channel would be accessible by entering 611- rather than 611.  Can anyone comment further?

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  14h

SEC Network Alternate channel will be in place on DirecTV Saturday, league office says | http://ow.ly/B3RtV

Hawgphish

What is the alternate channel to watch the game today?  I have Comcast cable.

dynastyhog

Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

davril98

Hog Fan from Camden

ChicoHog

In previous years the broadcast time for each game was announced on the Monday 12 days before actual game day.  there were usually a couple exclusions each year where CBS only had to give a week's notice on which game they chose.  Is that rule still in effect with the new SEC network contract?  Will the NIU game time be announced today or will it wait until next week?  I am actually going to the NIU game this year, staying the next week and playing some golf, then going to the A&M game in Dallas the following Saturday.  Hope NIU is not an 11 am game!

rhames

It should be.

I'm hoping for another 3 pm sec network kickoff.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Pigdiana Jones

Along these lines, is there a sec network HD channel? I have Cox and the only channel I get is the regular non HD channel. The picture is quite ugly compared to HD.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

ChicoHog

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on September 08, 2014, 10:36:25 am
Along these lines, is there a sec network HD channel? I have Cox and the only channel I get is the regular non HD channel. The picture is quite ugly compared to HD.
DirecTV has it on HD. 

bjeffersonhog

2077 for HD with Cox.   2078 for the overflow channel

BPsTheMan

flipping back to UT-OU and looking at Kentucky/Florida on ESPN.com, telling my buddy, "yeah, I don't have SEC network" 

He says switch to channel 77

there it is

smite me

thebignasty

BorderPatrol

jbcarol

WSJ Sports @WSJSports  ·  2h

Not even leaving the planet can stop astronaut Butch Wilmore from watching @SEC football. http://on.wsj.com/1wxyEmN 

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  18h

The @DrPepper road to the championship rolls through Nashville Saturday for #SCvsVANDY. Full #SECNetwork schedule:

pikehog

Can someone tell me the channel, my grandmother called me wanting to know if she could watch the game and I don't have comcast so I don't know what channel to tell her. Thanks for help

TheGreatHogsby

pikehog

What's the channel number, she can barely work the remote

jgphillips3

pikehog

What's non-hd, she does not have hd package.

It's damn near impossible to get the info from comcast website

jgphillips3

pikehog

Thanks guys and gals y'all have helped a 90 year old hog fan out today

jgphillips3

hoglady

I'm glad I ran across this thread.
I was going to look this up and my discovered my remote had died.
At least, time to call Comcast and they walked me through programming a 2nd remote from another TV.
Lifesaver - I would have been so mad if I didn't realize that until the Arkansas game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  26m

#SECNation's next 2 weeks: back-to-back Bulldogs! Sept 27 @UGAAthletics #TENNvsUGA Oct 4 @HailState #TAMUvsMSST Story http://bit.ly/1rlO75Z

Hogmania68

I am trying to help out my 92 year old grandmother with finding the SEC Network on Xfinity.  Does anyone know what channel that will be on.  Xfinity is not helpful at all.
Thank you for any help  :)

Sue E NoNutts

I have xfinity in LR. Mine is on 739. The HD version is 1738. Hope that helps.
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

Hogfan46

In Houston its 715 HD, 140 non HD.

Hogmania68

Thank you that helped her out so much. Just got off the phone with her and she now knows where the channel is at. She said to tell you thank you from her as well.

PORKULATOR

740 Chattanooga Tn
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Doyle Hograves

Glad it's not on "paper view"...
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

razorbackkid

I'm officially adopting your grandmother as my favorite Hog fan.  If she's 92 and is all about them Hogs she is #1 in my book.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

jbcarol

Quote from: Hogmania68 on October 17, 2014, 12:51:59 pm
Thank you that helped her out so much. Just got off the phone with her and she now knows where the channel is at. She said to tell you thank you from her as well.

Good deal

jbcarol

This has become the go-to thread when grandma calls on Saturday morning and wants to know on what channel her provider carries the SEC Network.

http://getsecnetwork.com/channel-finder