Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Network- Watch ESPN

Started by rhog1, March 31, 2014, 03:30:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DallasHogFan

I'll be riding out to an east Texas wedding come kick off. Anyone have any experience steaming the cbssports app (I'm hoping it will be there). I should have decent cell coverage most of the trip. Hope it's a decent stream. Experiences??
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

clew

Quote from: DallasHogFan on September 26, 2014, 09:20:20 pm
I'll be riding out to an east Texas wedding come kick off. Anyone have any experience steaming the cbssports app (I'm hoping it will be there). I should have decent cell coverage most of the trip. Hope it's a decent stream. Experiences??
hmmmm....not sure.  maybe you'll get the wrinkles ironed out. ;D
Pure as the dawn

jmb1973

My experience has been quite good, actually better than ESPN streaming. They have tremendous bandwidth, but it is used by few.

razobak

Are you referring to steaming of the Cleveland type?
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

HamIAm

Quote from: clew on September 26, 2014, 09:26:17 pm
hmmmm....not sure.  maybe you'll get the wrinkles ironed out. ;D
Everyone seems to think this is the hot game. Hope we don't come out flat.

Hogson-urChin

ballz2thewall

September 27, 2014, 12:17:41 pm #56 Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:31:55 pm by ballz2thewall
this will be my first season to primarily 1) stream games and/or 2) use open air signals.

question about streaming - either on the computer or apple tv, do you guys get a lot of interrupts that are NOT internet-network connection issues?

i have a lot of experience with apple tv and streaming in general.  with live games i seem to get many more phantom glitches than with, say, netfilx for example.

curious....

edit:  at&t dsl got very unreliable in downtown lr. nothing could fix it.  i've just swapped to comcast.  yeah, i know the drill..................
The rest of the frog.

TomasPistola

I haven't had any issues on my phone using an LTE network. Never used Apple TV.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

dhizzle

I've been using Roku this year with no problems. I'm only running At&t dsl, because that's all I can get around these parts.

Hogtown1

Is there an app I can watch this game from my phone?

Abominable Hillbilly

Can we watch SEC Network games via this app?  Trying to plan for George game.
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

Boardon Hamsay

You have to have the SEC Network in your cable package to watch via the app. I suppose you could also borrow the login of a friend who gets the SEC Network on their cable plan too.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

KeithStone

Quote from: Abominable Hillbilly on October 06, 2014, 01:03:53 pm

Only if you're subscribed to a provider that offers SEC Network in your area.  If not, then it won't matter.

If you have a friend that has SEC Network you could login to the App using their information and see the games.

Good Luck

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Not if you have DirecTV.

Those A-holes. 
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Bacons Rebellion

If you have access through your provider. You don't have to go directly through your provider. For example, my son and daughter on campus can watch by logging on to Verizon through the campus Internet service.

Go to watchespn and try to watch a live SECNetwork broadcast during the week -- volleyball or something -- so you'll know if it will work for football.

ballz2thewall

i'm going to patronize you with some basic info since you're asking the question.

1.  make sure you have secn as part of your provider package.
2.  MAKE DAMN SURE you set up an online account WITH THAT PROVIDER PRIOR TO THE GAME. 

#2 is critical and can be a pain, as many people simply blow through this step without remembering the login info until its needed.

when you trigger espn for a game, it will ask you to identify your provider. here, you login with that providers login info [step 2], from here, you're good to go.
The rest of the frog.

ArKan5a5 KiD

On dish do i have to download the app to my Hopper in order to watch it or how does this work?

Captain Hogthrob

I agree its awesome to have Watch ESPN and Dish does appear on my provider menu.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

rhog1

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on October 09, 2014, 02:55:53 pm
On dish do i have to download the app to my Hopper in order to watch it or how does this work?

Their is no hopper app. You can watch it on pc, smartphones, or other internet enabled devices like apple tv and roku boxes. I use my tablet and a hdmi cable for tv hookup.

Illinihog

The Dish Anywhere app is amazing, you can straight stream your Dish on your Ipad, I use that more than the WatchEspn App. The beauty about the Watch Anywhere app is i can watch a game on my ipad next to wife on the couch and she can watch whatever crap on the TV, if we want to be around each other.

HogFanatic

To watch this game online without having to pay? Is it going to be available on espn.com?

HiggiePiggy

Do you not have cable? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HogFanatic

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 11, 2014, 03:09:50 pm
Do you not have cable?

Yeah, but I won't be able to watch the TV today.

I will listen on the radio if I have to, but it would be nice to find it online. Surely it's out there. I'm still not certain how the watchespn thing works. Will they stream games shown on ESPN, or just ESPN3?

cmhogn

Please don't persecute me for this question but is there anywhere at all online where you can get live streaming for the game? I have the watch espn app but it is no longer showing it on its list of games probably due to SEC network rights. So is there any site online with live streaming that won't give me viruses? First game I'm having to miss in as long as I can remember. Thanks in advance.

StuartDavin

It's still showing up for me on espn3.com and i'm in central Arkansas.

Edit..I guess it's watchespn.com now, but both url's will get you there.

TNhogfan

Quote from: cmhogn on October 18, 2014, 10:33:40 am
Please don't persecute me for this question but is there anywhere at all online where you can get live streaming for the game? I have the watch espn app but it is no longer showing it on its list of games probably due to SEC network rights. So is there any site online with live streaming that won't give me viruses? First game I'm having to miss in as long as I can remember. Thanks in advance.
SEC Network is on WatchESPN; it is an ESPN network.  It is also on Xfinity.com.  Both of those live stream the network.

cmhogn

I'm in NWA and it doesn't show the game listed for some reason. Hmmm Hopefully it will be available. Thanks!

ballz2thewall

if you're unfamiliar with the app it can be tricky.

mine shows it under the sec tab.  i have uverse.
The rest of the frog.

Tyro3

I am in Bella Vista and it shows on watchespn in upcoming events at 3:00 on sec network.

SPAL

It is there. Search for Arkansas and you will see it.

deshahawg

Looks like you have to have a log in to get the game on ESPN3

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  · 
Week 9 starts now!

UAB vs. @RazorbackFB

Watch #UABvsARK LIVE » http://es.pn/UABvsARK 

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  46m 46 minutes ago
At the half: #UABvsARK | @RazorbackFB 35-0

No touchdown was bigger or better than Sebastian Tretola's! WATCH» http://bitly.com/1yyNDej

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Arazorbackguy1

Did anyone get this to work for the first game of the season?  I am on the line with Cox right now to see why WatchESPN says "User Not Authorized".  I'll return if there is a solution.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

40MINSOFHELL

What pisses me off is why have a sec alternate channel when they never use it?

Arazorbackguy1

Looks like I'm out of luck.  I only have my internet through Cox and so I can't watch it. 

Funny thing is, I watched it all last year and only had Cox internet.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on November 21, 2014, 05:33:40 pm
What pisses me off is why have a sec alternate channel when they never use it?

I don't understand that either.

alaback

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 21, 2014, 05:39:37 pm
Looks like I'm out of luck.  I only have my internet through Cox and so I can't watch it. 

Funny thing is, I watched it all last year and only had Cox internet.

Who is your cable provider?

Razorbacks#1

I have Cox and have no problem. Try again.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

This should be our last game not televised this season.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Vcloudv

I really really hate the new SEC Network.... up until this year the majority of all Arkansas games regardless of sport were viewable via ESPN3 either live or at 12:01 the next morning. Now I do see how it is profitable for the league/university but i still find it extremely annoying that every game is available only if you subscribe.....

I guess ill just have to stick with my other poor video quality, not so legal options of watching the Razorbacks play until I graduate and get a decent job :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

IPig

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on November 21, 2014, 06:27:19 pm
I have Cox and have no problem. Try again.

streaming watchespn?

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: IPig on November 21, 2014, 06:42:13 pm
streaming watchespn?
If the game is not displayed on Live now or Upcoming, cursor up to the network tab and click on SEC Network +

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

intelligence

suddenlink user here. have no problem watching it at all.

IPig

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on November 21, 2014, 06:44:01 pm
Yes

see the game but when clicking on link, nothing, nada.

Turned off ad blocker, getting user not authorized error.  Logged into cox, still getting error.

Thanks for any help.

wlbrown9

I got my Amazon FireTV Stick this week. Set it up and looks like I am good to go on WatchESPN streaming app. I had to choose my provider uVerse and go on the computer and register my device. I have a 'Your Event is About to Begin' message on the screen now. Hope the quality is better than streaming on my laptop. Broadcast just started. Picture quality is great so far.

I checked my Panasonic Smart TV downstairs. It has Netflix, MLBB and some others, but not WatchESPN. I will check and see if an app is available for that one sometime.  My old Roku XR being about 4 years old does not support WatchESPN.

wupigsuey

Im on Directv so I'm a listener tonight
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

NVRyield

Quote from: intelligence on November 21, 2014, 06:56:49 pm
suddenlink user here. have no problem watching it at all.

What channel on Suddenlink?  On the way home and wife can't find it?
Thx  :razorback: