Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Network in 2019... Will You Have It?

Started by rhog1, May 01, 2013, 02:00:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  34 minutes ago
#BBN wins big!

No. 1 Kentucky defeats No. 21 UNC, 84-70. Willie Cauley-Stein led the way: 15 pts, 6 reb, 2 blk.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

On SEC Now, Tony Delk says the SEC game he is most looking forward to is Arkansas at Kentucky.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Arkansas - Dayton highlights are on SEC Network right now.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  1 hour ago

SEC Network will show a Yule Log w/ fight songs and Christmas music from 5-9 a.m. CT on Christmas Day

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  2 hours ago

ICYMI: The SEC Nation crew broke down some of the most intriguing SEC bowl match ups http://bit.ly/1r7iNKn

cmhogn

Not the 1st time this has happened. Get a notice to watch the game by the SEC network on the alternate SEC channel yet Direct TV doesn't show the game. Frustrated that this has happened for a second time. Wondering if this is a direct tv, sec network issue or both?

rwspear

to be fair i dont think the game has started just yet

cmhogn

Yeah it's on radio. Portis just hit a 3.

Lard

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

phadedhawg

LeadHog

Yep, not on my DirectTV Alternate. They really need to get their act together.

LeadHog

YtownHog

Never fails the game in front of us goes long.  So sick of this happening.  At least sec network had planned time in between it just went to 2 OTs.  Espn puts them too close together.

3of5-2

What's the point of having an alternate if you are not going to use it.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Redbug

Somebody needs to get Jeff Long to get into somebodies arse at the SEC office and tell them to relay the message that "our broadcast partner" needs to get their crap together with all the different providers so this doesn't happen. This is 2014 not 1980...

redeye

It's on the main SEC channel on Uverse.

popcornhog

No problems in KC on Time Warner or Google Fiber. It's on SECN.
WPS

Kevin

I called. Spoke to retention,told them what happen, giving me a $50 dollar credit
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2014, 08:14:07 pm
Maybe you need cable??

No way, directv customer service is awesome
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on December 20, 2014, 08:19:56 pm
No way, directv customer service is awesome

Yeah, that's why they didn't have the game on........

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2014, 08:21:42 pm
Yeah, that's why they didn't have the game on........

If they have a problem, they will get it fixed. Good luck with that with a cable company.  They may be their sometime next week

redeye

Quote from: Kevin on December 20, 2014, 08:25:38 pm
If they have a problem, they will get it fixed. Good luck with that with a cable company.  They may be their sometime next week

I've had no problems with Uverse customer services.  With Comcast, you're lucky if they come at all.

wlbrown9

Memphis uVerse had the game starting on the alternate SECN channel.  uVerse is 2X as good as Comcast I used to have. Don't know about Direct TV or Dish since I have never had them.

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on December 20, 2014, 08:25:38 pm

Hmm, which one of us was having the problem?

jgphillips3

I'm in North Little Rock and comcast here has always been good to me. I do hear horror stories in other markets though.  Directv tried to take advantage of my elderly father when he switched to Uverse by attempting to charge him fees they had no legal right to.  I eventually had to write them for him on my law firm letterhead to get them to back off.  I will never use them because of the way they treated him and other customers who leave.  Their service for existing customers may be fine but on the back end they will try to screw you.

jbcarol

Danny Kanell @dannykanell  ·  9 hours ago

The SEC Network programming tomorrow....

jbcarol

Maria Taylor @MariaTaylor7  ·  18 hours ago
"@dannykanell: SEC Network programming tomorrow " apparently we're still on air #ByeFelicia

Stand up network...

The first B1G Network in-studio program was immediately after AppSt upset Michigan. Jim Donnan and crew were nearly speechless.

jbcarol

Paul Finebaum @finebaum  ·  20 minutes ago
Pretty amazing the most exciting contest of the last few months in the SEC is a basketball game.

jbcarol

SEC Sports @SEC  ·  16 hours ago

Every #SEC school to be featured on @SECNetwork basketball coverage this week: http://www.secsports.com/article/12129600/every-sec-school-play-sec-network-week ...

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  11 minutes ago
Led by "The Paul Finebaum Show," the first college football season with the @SECNetwork proves to be a huge success - http://ow.ly/HpcHh

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  59 minutes ago

ICYMI » @RazorbackMBB had not 1, not 2, BUT 3 #SCTop10 plays last night! http://es.pn/1yT2VvB 

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  23 minutes ago
Final: Arkansas 61 | Mizzou 60

12 ties.
8 lead changes.
1 big WIN for @RazorbackMBB. #ARKvsMIZZ http://es.pn/1uIHajy

jbcarol

SEC Network already printing money for league schools

QuoteDuring a meeting with both the media and the Intercollegiate Athletics Committee Friday, South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner revealed that the SEC Network is expected to pull in a profit of $5 million its first year — per school. And even more to the point seven months after the network's debut, Tanner called that $5 million per school figure as "conservative."

In other words, it completely blew the pre-launch projections completely out of the financial stratosphere.

"f the $5 million figure holds, each SEC school should expect a payout of approximately $26 million when the league conducts its annual spring meetings in Destin, Fla., in late May."

In 2014, the total revenue distributed by the SEC to its members schools was $309.6 million. That broke down to an average of $22.1 million per school, over $8 million more than was distributed per school five years earlier ($13.8 million in 2009).

It was expected that, within a handful of years, the SEC Network would add low eight-figure sums into each member's coffers. Based on the roaring success the network has been thus far, it might be time to speed up that projection as well.

jbcarol

SEC Sports @SEC  ·  17h 17 hours ago

.@SECNetwork is up for three Emmy nominations in its first year. #SECproud http://es.pn/1EOO1t0 

QuoteThe SEC Network – which just launched in August – garnered three nominations, and WatchESPN earned its first, for the College Football Playoff Championship "Megacast."

Sports Documentary                      SEC Storied: It's Time (SEC Network)

Music Composition/Direction         FIFA World Cup – Six Degrees (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)

/Lyrics                                           SEC Storied: It's Time (SEC Network)

Live Series                                     College Football (ABC/ESPN/SEC Network)

jbcarol

April 18, 2015, 07:42:17 pm #1536 Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:59:35 am by jbcarol
ESPN Films 30 for 30 @30for30  ·  6h 6 hours ago
Don't miss the next #SECStoried film #CoachBernie.

This Monday on the @SECNetwork.

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  Apr 20

Best of luck @TimTebow!

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Calling all the Hogs » @RazorbackFB's Red & White Spring Game will now kickoff on SEC Network, not the Alt Channel!

jbcarol

SEC Network retweeted
Razorback Football @RazorbackFB  ·  Apr 25
Loaded photo gallery from RazorFest & Red-White game. All the action>> http://bit.ly/SpringGamePhotos ...

jbcarol

Brandon Allen is on the Paul Finebaum Show on the SEC Network.

jbcarol

Paul Finebaum @finebaum  ·  4h 4 hours ago
It's tough to be an SEC QB. Just ask senior leader for @RazorbackFB, @BrandonAllen_10

WATCH: http://bit.ly/1z7v9pO

jbcarol

SEC Network retweeted
MSU Baseball @HailStateBB  ·  3h 3 hours ago

TRAILER | Thunder and Lightning debuts Monday on the @SECNetwork at 8 p.m. CT http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12779871 ...

jbcarol

Rory Karpf @RoryKarpf  ·  22h 22 hours ago

Rafael told me Alabama fans threw batteries at him when he played there! College baseball was intense! #ThunderAndLightning

jbcarol

Chuck Dunlap @SEC_Chuck  ·  6h 6 hours ago

Now this is how you do a baseball interview on @finebaum :

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  3h 3 hours ago

The @SECNetwork is nearly worth the same amount as the NBA, MLB, & NHL Networks combined. http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/the-15-most-valuable-sports-networks-050715 ...

jbcarol

Paul Finebaum @finebaum  ·  May 5

We asked the @RazorbackBSB bros to call the hogs on @SECNetwork and they delivered! #WooPig

WATCH: http://bit.ly/1Pn8Q1y

jbcarol

Adam Sparks @AdamSparks  ·  16h 16 hours ago

LF Kendall just made an unexplainable play. Fielded single and threw ball to 1B???, way high and into dugout. Run scored. Florida up 8-7

FINAL: #Vandy loses 9-7 in 10 inn. to Florida. VU blew 7-6 lead w/ 2 outs in 9th and then lost on an awkward error in 10th

ESPN may demand an increased level of play or a rebate for these sports that have to carry the network from March to June.

Saw a softball player "reach" on an error in the SEC Tournament.  She ran around first base without touching it and the opponents failed to appeal.

jbcarol

Chuck Dunlap @SEC_Chuck  ·  May 8

Via @bobcarskadon, a look back at year one of the SEC Network through the eyes of a member school: https://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/successful-year-one-of-sec-network-broadcasts-for-msu/ ...

QuoteIt turned out, the SEC Network was the biggest cable launch in history, and after nine months online, the digital side has more than doubled its projection with the 14 Southeastern Conference schools producing and broadcasting over 1,000 events on SEC Network+.

"I don't know how other coaches in our league feel, but it's actually dramatically better than what I thought it was going to be," Mississippi State baseball coach John Cohen said. "When you have that much that you're trying to cover as a network, you just assume that some of it is going to be a little sketchier. But it hasn't been. The production has been phenomenal."

The projections before the launch called for each school to have around 40 of its own broadcasts in year one, a strong but attainable goal. From August 2014 up to now, that number has doubled to an average of about 75 live events produced per school. MSU has produced over 100 when including games, press conferences and other live events.

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  May 15

.@Finebaum comes in at #18 on the @TheBigLead's Most Powerful People in Sports Media List » http://bit.ly/1HiFYWr 

Quote5. Jon Gruden, ESPN – The Worldwide Leader pays more than $100 million per game for Monday Night Football. This guy is the face of it. The mere whiff of a coaching rumor can send ESPN scrambling to come up with a contract extension. Only 51, those rumors remain plausible.

2. Charles Barkley, TNT – Outspoken NBA analyst with the ability to offer strong opinion on any topic. Without using social media himself, his thoughts are passed around ad nauseam...