Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Network in 2019... Will You Have It?

Started by rhog1, May 01, 2013, 02:00:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

May 01, 2013, 02:00:12 pm Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 07:51:02 am by jbcarol
The SEC network Announcement is tomorrow at 11 am. Per the Arkansas Razorback Facebook page. You can stream it here www.SECDigitalNetwork.com  I am hoping this means a lot more baseball games televised on something other than CST.

RazorBassin

AnonymousHog

I'm curious what all this will bring to fans as well.

HawgHotti

Quote from: AnonymousHog on May 01, 2013, 04:09:50 pm
I'm curious what all this will bring to fans as well.

Nice but I fully expect that we get the bad time slots.

ChicoHog

I'm a little worried how it will affect us out of state fans.  I live in CA and subscribe to DirecTV.  Last year we could not get the Pac 12 network here in California.  I could watch all the Hog games thankfully with the current ESPN deal and GamePlan but if DirecTV does not get the SEC network I might SOL.  They have the big 10 network and maybe they pick up some of these other ones also.  I hope so. 

Supermark101

Quote from: ChicoHog on May 01, 2013, 09:22:03 pm
I'm a little worried how it will affect us out of state fans.  I live in CA and subscribe to DirecTV.  Last year we could not get the Pac 12 network here in California.  I could watch all the Hog games thankfully with the current ESPN deal and GamePlan but if DirecTV does not get the SEC network I might SOL.  They have the big 10 network and maybe they pick up some of these other ones also.  I hope so. 

The PAC 12 and FOX were playing hardball and lost. With ESPN as a partner, I fully expect DirecTV to pick it up nationally, as they do with the Big 10 network. If not games will still be on Gameplan.

Hawg Balling

CollegeFootballTalk outlined the specifics:

Quote– Three football games per week for 13 weeks and approximately 45 football games annually will be broadcast on the SEC Network annually.  Only two of the games per year, however, will be televised on Thursdays.  "We're a Saturday league," said Slive.

– CBS will no longer own the "exclusive window" for Saturday mid-afternoon SEC games as the network will televise games in three time slots: early afternoon (noon-ish), mid-afternoon (3:30) and evening (seven-ish).  CBS, though, will maintain the first choice of games involving SEC schools.

– The network will air 1,000 hours of live sporting events in its first year, with 450 of those hours coming on the network itself and 550 on various digital platforms.  Additionally, each SEC school will provide its own original content for the network.

– AT&T U-verse is the first media company to sign on as a distributor of the SEC Network.  Based solely on the number of football games that will be available, expect the likes of DirecTV, Dish network, Comcast, Time-Warner, et al to sign on at some point before the August launch date next year.

– The SEC and ESPN also announced that they have extended their media rights deal through 2034.  ESPN president John Skipper stated that he "believes this is the largest agreement in all of sports."

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/02/sec-network-moves-from-project-x-to-official-reality/

spongedadflarepants

2 questions.        Will this have any effect on game attendance?   Will powers that be upgrade the game day experience to keep attendance up.
If the games are shown in area I have to think it will lessen attendance for some games.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: spongedadflarepants on May 02, 2013, 03:36:34 pm
2 questions.        Will this have any effect on game attendance?   Will powers that be upgrade the game day experience to keep attendance up.
If the games are shown in area I have to think it will lessen attendance for some games.

I don't agree with the "it'll hurt attendance" argument, mostly because 11 of 12 games a year are already on TV.  I think attendance will be affected by program success, which is essentially how it's always been.

cmpledger

Why would it hurt attendance?

jbcarol

The Southeastern Conference and ESPN have signed a 20-year agreement through 2034 to create and operate a multiplatform network, which will launch in August 2014

The network will televise approximately 45 SEC football games, more than 100 men's basketball games, 60 women's basketball games, 75 baseball games, and events from across the SEC's 21 sports annually. Programming will also include studio shows, original content such as SEC Storied, spring football games, signing day and pro days coverage. Hundreds of additional live events from various sports will be offered exclusively on the digital platform. The network and its digital extensions will connect with each SEC institution and create opportunities for each school to produce and develop content.

"The SEC Network will provide an unparalleled fan experience of top quality SEC content presented across the television network and its accompanying digital platforms," stated Slive. "We will increase exposure of SEC athletics programs at all 14 member institutions, as we showcase the incredible student-athletes in our league. The agreement for a network streamlines and completes an overall media rights package that will continue the SEC's leadership for the foreseeable future."

Each weekend throughout the season, the new network will air multiple top-tier matchups from the strongest conference in college football. Since 2006, the SEC has claimed seven consecutive football national championships.  In 2011-12, SEC teams won eight national championships: football (Alabama), men's basketball (Kentucky), gymnastics (Alabama), men's indoor track and field (Florida), women's tennis (Florida), women's golf (Alabama), men's outdoor track and field (Florida), and softball (Alabama). Since 1990, the SEC has won 149 national team championships for an average of more than six per year.

Skipper said, "The SEC is unmatched in its success on the field and its popularity with fans nationwide. The new network's top-quality SEC matchups across a range of sports will serve all sports enthusiasts including the most passionate, die-hard SEC fans. Also, it will serve the needs of our multichannel distributors and advertisers by providing extremely attractive programming options across all platforms."

As part of the agreement, ESPN will now oversee the SEC's official Corporate Sponsor Program. In addition, ESPN and the SEC also agreed to extend their existing media rights agreement through 2034. ESPN has televised the SEC since 1982.  ESPN's existing networks present more than 1,600 hours of SEC action each year. The new network will focus exclusively on the SEC and add another outlet to deliver sports fans more SEC content than ever.

AT&T U-verse® has been secured as the network's first national distributor. AT&T U-verse is the fastest growing TV provider in the U.S. and their subscribers will have access to an unprecedented amount of SEC content across all platforms.  Subscribers receiving the live linear network via a multichannel subscription will also have access to the network on PCs, tablets, smartphones and select gaming devices like Xbox. Additional games and coverage will be available through an authenticated digital offering. Fans looking to learn more about how to get the SEC Network can visit GetSECNetwork.com for more information.

"We are pleased to be involved with the SEC and ESPN at the very beginning of this great alliance," said Jeff Weber, President of Content and Advertising Sales, AT&T. "As the fastest growing and most advanced pay TV service, we want to bring our customers the highest value and most compelling product that we possibly can. Access to the SEC Network, across multiple platforms, will only increase the demand for U-verse."

ESPN's Justin Connolly, formerly senior vice president, ESPN affiliate sales and marketing, will oversee the network's day-to-day operations. The network will originate from ESPN's Charlotte, N.C., offices with additional staff located at the company's Bristol, Conn., headquarters. Staff announcements and additional details will be made in the coming months.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/05/the-southeastern-conference-and-espn-announce-new-tv-network-and-digital-platform/
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

spongedadflarepants

How many people were at the Kentucky or Rutgers game last year? I don't think it was a full.

jbcarol

http://getsecnetwork.com/

This link puts you on an electronic mailing list for updates on the SEC Network including access closer to the time.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SouthAR Hog

What's the network that currently airs the 11:00 Saturday morning games?  I assume it will cease to exist when the SEC Network is launched.

jbcarol

Jon Solomon ‏@jonsol 5h
CBS no longer has window of exclusivity for SEC games. SEC Network games in early, mid-afternoon and evening window.

Jon Solomon ‏@jonsol 13m
CBS' Sean McManus said CBS received "reasonable value" from SEC for losing window of exclusivity. http://bit.ly/ZCzrCa

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 5h
CBS, to be clear, still has first pick of SEC game each week. But won't be only SEC game on TV in its time slot anymore.

jbcarol

JonSol: What does the SEC Network mean for your football viewing habits?

ATLANTA -- There will be ESPN-owned SEC games throughout ESPN's channels every Saturday. CBS still owns the first pick of SEC games. But ESPN can now invade CBS' turf in the 2:30 p.m. time slot.

In a nut shell, that's what the SEC Network will mean to you on football Saturdays.

The creation of the SEC Network ends CBS' longstanding window of exclusivity. CBS continues to pick first each week from available SEC games, but starting in 2014 the CBS game will be opposite the SEC Network. It's part of a more flexible rotation for ESPN to choose TV windows.

"We have between six and 13 more games to pick from each week," ESPN President John Skipper said. "We could do the second-best game, third-best game or fourth-best game of the week on the SEC Network."

SEC games will continue to be on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU since ESPN is the conference's primary rights holder. In addition, ESPN eyes airing approximately 45 football games annually on the SEC Network when it starts in 2014.

"One of the advantages in this relationship is the ability to make determinations of which platform in a seamless way," SEC Commissioner Mike Slive said.

There will be at least three SEC games each week on the SEC Network -- one in the early window (the current SEC syndicated game that moves to the network), one in the afternoon window (roughly opposite CBS) and one in the evening window. In some weeks, the SEC Network may air two games in the same window, creating the need for an overflow channel.

"Part of the distribution conversations is clearing an overflow channel so that every home that has the SEC Network will be able to get both games," said ESPN Senior Vice President of Programming Justin Connolly, who will oversee the network. "That's key: Make the content available to anyone who wants it."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/what_does_the_sec_network_mean.html

sportster365

I'm a little worried how it will affect us out of state fans.  I live in CA and subscribe to DirecTV.  Last year we could not get the Pac 12 network here in California. I could watch all the Hog games thankfully with the current ESPN deal and GamePlan but if DirecTV does not get the SEC network I might SOL.   They have the big 10 network and maybe they pick up some of these other ones also.  I hope so.

This is exaclty what I was thinking as well. For the most part between ESPN/CBS and the SEC network I could see just about all the conference games I wanted to.  Getting the inside scoop on some of the other programs in our league is nice, but I was just fine with being able to just watch the games on Saturday and now you're telling me I'd have to pay extra for something that was already included in my package. That's a bitter pill to swallow.

Which brings to mind, if the SEC Network takes majority rights to all SEC games then who's going to be ESPN new "poster league?" The ACC???

cmpledger

Quote from: sportster365 on May 02, 2013, 04:39:48 pm
This is exaclty what I was thinking as well. For the most part between ESPN/CBS and the SEC network I could see just about all the conference games I wanted to.  Getting the inside scoop on some of the other programs in our league is nice, but I was just fine with being able to just watch the games on Saturday and now you're telling me I'd have to pay extra for something that was already included in my package. That's a bitter pill to swallow.

Which brings to mind, if the SEC Network takes majority rights to all SEC games then who's going to be ESPN new "poster league?" The ACC???

The SEC Network is apart of ESPN so probably still the SEC

Hawg Balling

Quote from: spongedadflarepants on May 02, 2013, 04:24:53 pm
How many people were at the Kentucky or Rutgers game last year? I don't think it was a full.

They weren't full because we were terrible last year, and Kentucky being one of the worst teams in college football last season didn't help things.

sportster365

I think it has the potential to do the exact opposite. For folks who's not interested in purchasing any more channels for an already expensive cable/satellite bill will find it necessary now to be in attendance in order to watch the games. All in all I think it could be huge loss, they stand the risk of losing alot of television sets from tuning in on games they'd normally bring in an above avg viewer rating for.

SouthAR Hog

What is the relationship between the new SEC Network that will launch next August and the current SEC Network that televises games at 11:00 on Saturday mornings?

ICEman

Margaritaville on XM radio broadcasts all of Jimmy's concerts live; he still manages to draw SRO crowds.  If the product is fun, people will come.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

TNhogfan

In 2009, the SEC signs a 15 year contract with ESPN to televise all SEC home games not carried by CBS. ESPN assigned the syndicated package to ESPN Regional Television, who gave came up with the SEC Network name.
The SEC Network in 2014 will be a 24/7 pay TV channel for the SEC. Only similarity will be the name and ESPN's involvement.

TNhogfan

Since 2009, all SEC home football game & conference basketball games have been televised. This will just change games from being PPV, CSS Or FSN.  It should impact more than the current contract has.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Supermark101 on May 02, 2013, 02:05:55 pm
The PAC 12 and FOX were playing hardball and lost. With ESPN as a partner, I fully expect DirecTV to pick it up nationally, as they do with the Big 10 network. If not games will still be on Gameplan.
I hope you are right.  I had GamePlan last year and have had it for years but could not see games on the Pac 12 network.  My buddy is a big USC fan and missed a couple of their games last year because of the Pac 12 network not available on DirecTV.  GamePlan did not televise those games. 

Laughing Hog

I'm in Atl on comcast. I think I was able to watch all but 1 game last year ( had to watch 1 or 2 on Espin3/watchEspin/or whatever it was called). So now I have to add more fees to my already ginormous cable/internet bill? This feels like the gvmt taking every penny out of my pocket for something I had for 'free'. I feel another hosing coming on....

Anyone know how much more it's going to cost us to enjoy our hogs if we can't be there in person?
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

TNhogfan

Quote from: sportster365 on May 02, 2013, 04:39:48 pm

15 SEC home games on CBS
26 SEC home games on ESPN/ESPN2
13 on ESPNU
45 on SEC Network (14 PPV/local broadcast games + 8 FSN games + 6 CSS Games +13-17 syndicated games)
SEC will still be prominent on ESPN/2/U each week plus ESPN owns the SEC Network, so they will not forget to push the SEC plus they will be setting up a digital network for the SEC to stream SEC product.

threeNout

Quote from: SouthAR Hog on May 02, 2013, 04:32:06 pm
What's the network that currently airs the 11:00 Saturday morning games?  I assume it will cease to exist when the SEC Network is launched.

that's a huge question to some.

I hope this new "SEC Network" continues to broadcast over the air for free on KATV channel 7 in LR when the Hogs play.

felixfan

I'm curious about the dollar amount of this deal.

56Hog

Quote from: TNhogfan on May 02, 2013, 08:52:52 pm
15 SEC home games on CBS
26 SEC home games on ESPN/ESPN2
13 on ESPNU
45 on SEC Network (14 PPV/local broadcast games + 8 FSN games + 6 CSS Games +13-17 syndicated games)
SEC will still be prominent on ESPN/2/U each week plus ESPN owns the SEC Network, so they will not forget to push the SEC plus they will be setting up a digital network for the SEC to stream SEC product.

Lets see 14*4 (home conference games) + an average of 3*14 non-conf home dates = 98 games.  Yup, that should be everything.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

TNhogfan

Quote from: threeNout on May 02, 2013, 08:59:45 pm
that's a huge question to some.

I hope this new "SEC Network" continues to broadcast over the air for free on KATV channel 7 in LR when the Hogs play.
In order to reach their goal of 45 football games on the new network, ESPN will be moving the syndicated games, the former PPV games and have bought back the games FSN & CSS had.  Other than CBS games, no more games on local TV.

HogInFlorida

DirecTV would be retarded not to jump in on this. This will be the biggest moneymaker to hit TV in a long time.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

PonderinHog

Quote from: HogInFlorida on May 03, 2013, 12:25:39 am
DirecTV would be retarded not to jump in on this. This will be the biggest moneymaker to hit TV in a long time.
Bigger than the LHN ???

HogInFlorida

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

threeNout

Reading the article, they don't come out and say it, but basically the number of free over the air SEC games will be cut in half.

QuoteMarquee games will be on the SEC Network in order to generate leverage for cable and satellite distribution, ESPN officials said.

And from the Razorbacks point of view, we'll be on free, over the air TV about only 1/3 as much (CBS only) as we were before.

That has to mean less homes in the state of Arkansas will get to see the Hogs play.
I don't see how that can be a good thing.

hard_reign2004

Quote from: HogInFlorida on May 03, 2013, 12:25:39 am

Cable companies are not going to like this deal at all and it will probably cut into their revenue depending on just how expensive ESPN prices it.  Cable companies will have to pay ESPN for the rights to air the station.  They will get some revenue (small) from local commercial spots (2 - 3 an hour) but that won't be enough.  Cable stations main source of revenue is through viewers.  They make decisions on how likely you and your 120 bucks a month are likely to leave them for someone else.  ESPN charges 5 to 6 times the price of other stations on but knows they can get it because they carry so much sports content.  For more info on the problem for cable providers when it comes to ESPN check out this link...

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/cables-espn-dilemma-wildly-popularbut-costly-09292011.html#p2

Here's a quick paragraph from the article. 

"ESPN charges cable operators an average $4.69 a month for each subscriber that gets the channel, up from $4.34 last year, according to researcher SNL Kagan. Cable networks such as CNN or TBS charge less than a dollar, says Kagan's Derek Baine. ESPN's average annual price increase to pay-TV providers will likely exceed 10 percent after the new Monday Night Football deal, says Baine."

Doug

Quote from: Laughing HogI'm in Atl on comcast. I think I was able to watch all but 1 game last year ( had to watch 1 or 2 on Espin3/watchEspin/or whatever it was called). So now I have to add more fees to my already ginormous cable/internet bill? This feels like the gvmt taking every penny out of my pocket for something I had for 'free'. I feel another hosing coming on....

Anyone know how much more it's going to cost us to enjoy our hogs if we can't be there in person?
Actually, here in ATL, on Comcast, all games were free.  The one you're probably talking about (the PPV) was actually available via WatchESPN.com / ESPN3.com for free.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Theolesnort

People seem to forget the purpose of all this. It is to make money not saturate the country so more people can see games. That is not the intended consequence. Arkansas will get it's share of moneys and continue to build better facilities and fund more sports, especially women's sports.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: SouthAR Hog on May 02, 2013, 04:53:32 pm
What is the relationship between the new SEC Network that will launch next August and the current SEC Network that televises games at 11:00 on Saturday mornings?

They already work for ESPN/SEC so the same bunch will be doing games

http://espnmediazone.com/us/bios/neal_dave/

jbcarol

ATLANTA -- The SEC likely would have created the SEC Network even if it didn't add Texas A&M and Missouri, SEC Commissioner Mike Slive said.

Five years ago, the SEC decided against a network. Getting into the states of Texas and Missouri meant the SEC's geographic footprint expanded by about 34 million people, but Slive suggested the network was happening anyway.

"It's got to be about three years since we started this conversation," Slive said. "The first discussion is could we do it at 12 (members)? The answer is yes. I think we would have done it at 12. Obviously, the addition helps, but I think we would have probably moved ahead without them."

Texas A&M Athletics Director Eric Hyman, who was at South Carolina when SEC Network talks first began years ago, agreed a 12-member network could have happened.

"But Missouri and Texas A&M enhances it," Hyman said. "Within three-and-a-half hours of us are 22 million people within the state of Texas. You've got Houston, which is the fourth-largest media market in the country, and Dallas-Fort Worth in the top 10. I think there's a demand for this content in Texas."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/mike_slive_sec_probably_would.html

threeNout

Quote from: Theolesnort on May 03, 2013, 07:44:47 am
People seem to forget the purpose of all this. It is to make money not saturate the country so more people can see games.

understood, but to correct your statement somewhat, the purpose is to make more money, at the cost of less people seeing less games, many losing what was previously had.

I understand it, pretty sure I don't like it.

threeNout

The 11am free Saturday game,   Hogs vs Ole Miss, or Hogs versus Auburn, those type games, some great ones in the past.  Enjoyed by thousands of homes in Arkansas the past several years over the air for free.

They are being tossed aside I suppose?

Saturday morning cartoons then the Hogs play, been that way for many years in many poor, rural homes in Arkansas.

Kids don't grow up loving the Hogs the way they used to, this won't help IMO.

Hopefully I'm misinterpreting, and they'll still allow KATV and local affiliates to simulcast the early Saturday game.

TNhogfan

Quote from: threeNout on May 03, 2013, 09:06:43 am
understood, but to correct your statement somewhat, the purpose is to make more money, at the cost of less people seeing less games, many losing what was previously had.

I understand it, pretty sure I don't like it.
It is not less games.  Every home SEC game will be televised including those that have been PPV in the past.  In addition, ESPN is setting up streaming just for the SEC.  People will be able to see the SEC each week whereever they are on TV, computer, tablet or phone.  The old syndicated and PPV games will be spread between ESPN/2/U/SEC Network.  No more blackouts on ESPN3 of PPV or FSN games as in the past.

Hawg Balling

I'm extremely curious as to why some of you think this is such a bad thing. 

Part of our fan base acts like this will kill attendance, and part of our fan base acts like no one will be watching because it'll be "too expensive" or somehow exclusive.

Hog fans: finding new ways to gripe about good news since 1894.

threeNout

Quote from: TNhogfan on May 03, 2013, 09:35:02 am
It is not less games.  Every home SEC game will be televised including those that have been PPV in the past.  In addition, ESPN is setting up streaming just for the SEC.  People will be able to see the SEC each week whereever they are on TV, computer, tablet or phone.  The old syndicated and PPV games will be spread between ESPN/2/U/SEC Network.  No more blackouts on ESPN3 of PPV or FSN games as in the past.

Will a person with simply an antenna still be able to see the Hogs?, yes or no, just honestly seeking the answer to that.

Quote from: Hawg Balling on May 03, 2013, 09:38:57 am

Hog fans: finding new ways to gripe about good news since 1894.

not griping, just trying to find out if homes will be lost in Arkansas or not.

If so, hopefully the supposed good of this new deal will outweigh the harm, but if there WILL be losers in this, they deserve to be mentioned and not just glossed over.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: threeNout on May 03, 2013, 10:01:45 am
not griping, just trying to find out if homes will be lost in Arkansas or not.

If so, hopefully the supposed good of this new deal will outweigh the harm, but if there WILL be losers in this, they deserve to be mentioned and not just glossed over.

How will homes be lost?  If you can't watch the Hogs, you probably lack the ability to watch any other college football team. 

There are so many more ways in 2013 with advancements in technology and information sharing to become a fan of, keep up with, and watch your team.  Our discussion on this message board is just one example of that. 

It's not like everyone in Arkansas is going to start having to shell out $100 a month for DirecTV just to watch the Razorbacks play. 

threeNout

Quote from: Hawg Balling on May 03, 2013, 10:05:07 am
How will homes be lost? 

This is really pretty easy.

A sizable % of homes in Arkansas have have no dish of any type, or no cable, and just use an antenna.

thousands of homes in Arkansas do that right now, we are one.

Using that setup in the past, you could typically expect to see 2 Hogs games over the air at 11am on KATV, and one Hog game on CBS every year. 3 total

If the new "SEC Network" no long broadcast over the air on KATV or local affiliates, many Arkansas homes will only have the CBS game, one game a year., not 3 or 4.

That's how homes could be lost. 

younghog

Quote from: Divot on May 02, 2013, 09:05:26 pm
More info on it here....

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/what_does_the_sec_network_mean.html

YEP..

and on CBS

"CBS still owns the first pick of SEC games. But ESPN can now invade CBS' turf in the 2:30 p.m. time slot."

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Hawg Balling

Quote from: threeNout on May 03, 2013, 10:12:04 am
This is really pretty easy.

A sizable % of homes in Arkansas have have no dish of any type, or no cable, and just use an antenna.

thousands of homes in Arkansas do that right now, we are one.

Using that setup in the past, you could typically expect to see 2 Hogs games over the air at 11am on KATV, and one Hog game on CBS every year. 3 total

If the new "SEC Network" no long broadcast over the air on KATV or local affiliates, many Arkansas homes will only have the CBS game, one game a year., not 3 or 4.

That's how homes could be lost. 

You can listen to the games on free radio, or stream them via the internet (which you're using right now). There are myriad ways to enjoy a football game, and fans will find ways to follow their teams.  This is progress, plain and simple.