Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colin Cowterd bashing J. Daly

Started by jforte, January 27, 2006, 11:17:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jforte

Thats it....when the Colin Cowterd show comes on ESPN radio, I'm tuning out.  Yea John has a lot of problems but who doesn't. Colin evidently doesn't know about all the good things John has done either.  I just don't like it when National Media bashes our RAZORBACK NATION.

D-macs cuz

good point, he has a lot of problems but no way he's the only one that has problems that is a national athelete.   I bet all sorts of guys on that tour are chalked full of demons. J.D is just an easy target.  He's not going to change it and doesn't hide it so why knock it. 

hoggyhog

Was he bashing John or John's spouse and father-in-law.  (Both are going to do some time for recent convictions.)
Have a GREAT day!!

hogsanity

He was on John because APPARENTLY John did not know his wife was heading to the pen.

John is an easy target, and has brought alot of it on himself.  Colin is alot like internet message board posters who get personal.  THey hide behind the screen, so does Colin.  He knows the chances of ever meeting John in person are small. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hoggy Potter

John has had problems but nothing like other athletes in other sports.  He just happens to be the one in golf that draws the most attention.
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

stan the man

I think Cowherd should be renamed Cowterd becuse that is what he is. He is the typical big mouth know it all that dominates the East Coast Media and ESPN.  The only one on ESPN that has any class is Dan Patrick.  The rest are egomaniacs.

HouTxRzbck

"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

jforte

He was talking about how messed up he and his life is, and bashing him for not knowing what was going on with his wifes actions, yada yada yada.  I just don't like it when another Razorback gets bashed the way Colin was bashing him.  If John had committed murder or something it would be different.  I am a big John Daly fan and I think he has made leaps and bounds in a positive direction with his life, compared how it used to be.

chillinhoggie

I used to listen to Cowterd but all this week he keeps crackin on Araknsansans first a backhanded stab at Stegall and now JD. Idon't know much about Stegall but I can speak about JD, as big as he is, he's about 99% heart, loves this state and his HOGS. So he drinks to much and is overweight big deal we've all known that for 15 yrs. that's not news, COWTERD should keep it zipped when he knows nothing of what he speaks.

jforte

I agree with you Hogsanity...I work on a mac and my quote button isn't working for some reason.  Daly is an easy target...Cowterd just pushed one of my buttons.

Hardwork321

A man with a drinking problem, married four times, wife in the can,  and other things i would not stick up for the trouble maker

Quote from: jforte on January 27, 2006, 11:17:34 am
Thats it....when the Colin Cowterd show comes on ESPN radio, I'm tuning out. Yea John has a lot of problems but who doesn't. Colin evidently doesn't know about all the good things John has done either. I just don't like it when National Media bashes our RAZORBACK NATION.

razrken

You are doing exactly what he wants.....talking about him and bringing attention to what he says so others will listen.

hogfan064

Let's show this jerk not to mess with Razorback Nation!!  Someone find his email address and anyone else's at ESPN and let's complain.  During my lunch hour I get the choice that jerk or Jim Rome.  I always choose Rome.  At least Rome gave Daly an interview oppurtunity the other day.

Has anyone seen John's new show?  Any good?  Any Razorback mentions yet?

Hardwork321

If you have to hang your hat on J. Daly you are in big trouble

hogsNbeer

I've never listened to him, ever.....Now I hate him......... I wish my boy Big John would drive a f%^&ing driver up Colin's a$$!!!!!!     >:(   [CENSORED]

hogfan064

He's an arrogant and cocky West Coast guy.  The only time I listen to him is during CFB season when he has Beno Cook on.  You can say alot of things about Beno, but he does know and love CFB. 

Chinese Emperor

You guys don't get it.  The more folks like Cowherd talk about JD's afflictions, the more he gets notority.  This in turn has led to The Daily Planet and the attention of a lot of fans.  Cowherd and the folks like him only keep the Daily machine churning.

Besides, they're usually telling the truth.  The guys a slob. :puke:   A nice slob, but still a slob.

HogHeathen

I quit listening to him and casilious(sp)....They both suck.   They whine all the time....

hogfan064

I quitted listening to him when he spent 30 minutes talking about how everyone elses town was awful and how San Diego was the greatest place in the world.  Look I'm not doubting the quality of living is good in San Diego, but I would never live there and have no urge to ever visit.  It is way to big for this country boy and I like having a winter. 

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: Hardwork321 on January 27, 2006, 11:53:41 am
A man with a drinking problem, married four times, wife in the can, and other things i would not stick up for the trouble maker

Thats it....when the Colin Cowterd show comes on ESPN radio, I'm tuning out. Yea John has a lot of problems but who doesn't. Colin evidently doesn't know about all the good things John has done either. I just don't like it when National Media bashes our RAZORBACK NATION.
And your life's rosey?  Let's not judge.  He's turning his life around....yet still enjoying it.  How can you not like Daly?  He's like us weekend hackers....with just a little better game.

Hardwork321

I don't have a drinking problem, i am married to my first wife, and my wife isn't in jail.  I guess we have to lower our standards win i comes to ex white razorbacks.

Hardwork321 link=topic=45626.msg498726#msg498726 date=1138384421]
A man with a drinking problem, married four times, wife in the can, and other things i would not stick up for the trouble maker

And your life's rosey? Let's not judge. He's turning his life around....yet still enjoying it. How can you not like Daly? He's like us weekend hackers....with just a little better game.

jforte

I know John has a lot of BAD habits and is kind of a slob, but I still like him and try to keep up with his golf game, etc.  Haven't seen his show, don't have the golf channel. John knows he has a screwed up past and he has been slowly but surely trying to get things back on track somewhat.  Everyone has their own opinions. I for one like John and to top it off.....HE'S A RAZORBACK

JAMMER

WELL SAID AUSTXHOG,  JD GIVES BACK SO MUCH TO CHARITIES AND TO HIS LOCAL COMMUNITY AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN A HOG SUPPORTER...HE'S A GREAT GUY AND MOST OF ALL , HE IS JUST A REDNECK FROM YELL CO.  LOL....

Shizzle

Cowherd is an a$$hole homer who kicks you when your down and blows smoke up your a$$ when you are on top. I guarantee you if Daly wins say 2 majors this year he will be singing his praises. I got sick of him talking about USC I dont even listen to him anymore.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Hardwork321 on January 27, 2006, 12:50:04 pm
I don't have a drinking problem, i am married to my first wife, and my wife isn't in jail. I guess we have to lower our standards win i comes to ex white razorbacks.

Well aren't you special...

...AUSTXHOG, I'm in agreeance with you there......... How can you not like the man?  He's my fav golfer...

Hardwork321

That is a good reason to support him.  He a redneck!!!!!!!!!!!11

AUSTXHOG

Who cares if he's been married 10 times, or drinks on his way to church?  He is a nice guy, enjoys/interacts with his fans, and gives more money to charities than you or I will probably ever make in a lifetime.  He'a Razorback through and through.

Hardwork321

What does that mean? Nolan was a Razorback but he did the unforgivable razorback sin!!!!  He went against Franky(Good Old Boy System)

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on January 27, 2006, 12:59:50 pm
Who cares if he's been married 10 times, or drinks on his way to church? He is a nice guy, enjoys/interacts with his fans, and gives more money to charities than you or I will probably ever make in a lifetime. He'a Razorback through and through.

Tusks

Quote from: Hardwork321 on January 27, 2006, 12:58:27 pm
That is a good reason to support him. He a redneck!!!!!!!!!!!11

He could be worse, instead of a redneck he could be a redneck SOB.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hardwork321

Yea, you are right he is one marriage removed from that award!!!!

Quote from: nutted on January 27, 2006, 01:06:31 pm

AUSTXHOG

John Daly is an alumni.  I don't think Nolan graduated from the UofA.  Look, obviously we differ in opinion on JD... that's fine, but when someone from the national media picks on a Razorback for something his wife did, it ticks me off.

Did Cowterd pick on the CB from the Colts or Patriots when his wife stabbed him in the leg the day before the playoff game?

Tusks

Oh, I thought becoming a redneck SOB had to do with other things besides the number of times a redneck has been married....by bad.

Quote from: Hardwork321 on January 27, 2006, 01:09:45 pm
Yea, you are right he is one marriage removed from that award!!!!

Quote from: nutted on January 27, 2006, 01:06:31 pm

Hardwork321

Did Frank get his degree from arkansas?  Did Eddie Sutton get his degree from arkansas?

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on January 27, 2006, 01:11:28 pm
John Daly is an alumni. I don't think Nolan graduated from the UofA. Look, obviously we differ in opinion on JD... that's fine, but when someone from the national media picks on a Razorback for something his wife did, it ticks me off.

Did Cowterd pick on the CB from the Colts or Patriots when his wife stabbed him in the leg the day before the playoff game?

Tusks

Well technically I don't think John graduated from the UA, but I get your point.  How in the heck did NR get into a thread about JD?  John likes the UA and being a Hog, NR doesn't.  I thought JD was a big fan of NR until NR told all Hog fans they were redneck SOB's.

John Daly is an alumni. I don't think Nolan graduated from the UofA. Look, obviously we differ in opinion on JD... that's fine, but when someone from the national media picks on a Razorback for something his wife did, it ticks me off.

AUSTXHOG

Are we talking about John Daly?  Or Frank Broyles, Nolan, and Eddie Sutton?  Please help me tie these guys in with John Daly and Colin Cowterd.

Hardwork321

JD likes anyone that will buy him some Crown Royel

Quote from: nutted on January 27, 2006, 01:16:56 pm
Well technically I don't think John graduated from the UA, but I get your point.  How in the heck did NR get into a thread about JD?  John likes the UA and being a Hog, NR doesn't.  I thought JD was a big fan of NR until NR told all Hog fans they were redneck SOB's.

Tusks

What does where JFB and ES graduated from college have to do with the price of tea in china?  What's the point?

Quote from: Hardwork321 on January 27, 2006, 01:15:11 pm
Did Frank get his degree from arkansas? Did Eddie Sutton get his degree from arkansas?

AUSTXHOG

I think he likes cheeseburgers, marlboro lights, and an occassional miller lite.. but I could be wrong.   ;D

Tusks

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on January 27, 2006, 01:25:11 pm
I think he likes cheeseburgers, marlboro lights, and an occassional miller lite.. but I could be wrong. ;D

Who?  JD, JFB, NR, ES or HDN???  This is exhausting.

chillinhoggie

January 27, 2006, 01:32:11 pm #39 Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 01:33:46 pm by chillinhoggie
Quote from: Hardwork321 on January 27, 2006, 01:19:28 pm
JD likes anyone that will buy him some Crown Royel

What about people that can spell it?

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: nutted on January 27, 2006, 01:27:42 pm
Quote from: AUSTXHOG on January 27, 2006, 01:25:11 pm
I think he likes cheeseburgers, marlboro lights, and an occassional miller lite.. but I could be wrong. ;D

Who? JD, JFB, NR, ES or HDN??? This is exhausting.
Agreed...I'm done.

jforte

Thanks for your input on this thread AUSTXHOG...Forever Hogs!!!

hugehogfan

I realize everyone is entitled to their own opinions, Hardwork 321...and I'd be glad to give yours some credit if so deserved.  But, in this instance, your characterization is neither correct nor justified.  It must be nice to come on here during your lunch hour and pass judgement on a man you obviously don't know.  Well, I do...and I'm here to tell you that John Daly is someone I'd be more than happy to "hang my hat on."  This is a man whose chosen profession puts him in the public eye on a daily basis (can you imagine every decision you've ever made since your early 20's being broadcast to the world?)...and as a professional athlete and public figure he has done several things to earn at least a little bit of respect.  First, he has NEVER forgotten where he came from...his home, and his heart are still right here in Arkansas.  Second, he has ALWAYS given back to his local community, his fans, to many deserving charities...even to total strangers in need of some financial assistance...in a way that is nothing short of honorable.  Third, and most importantly, John has admitted, to his loved ones and to the public, that he is not a perfect man...that he has made mistakes, tried to learn from them, knows he'll make more because he's human, and only promises to live each day trying to be a better man, father, etc. than he was yesterday. 

The sentence his wife began serving this week is mostly a result of charges brought against her and her mother so that the Feds could try to get more evidence against her father...the one they were actually investigating for the gambling ring.  This investigation took place BEFORE John even met Sherry, but charges were ultimately brought after they were together.  The Feds said from the very beginning that John was never even considered as part of the situation...because it all took place before he was in the picture.  The fact that John has stood by his wife during this time...when others might have done otherwise...is another example of his heart, and his appreciation for giving people second chances. 

He's an imperfect, humble man...with a God-given talent to play a professional sport...and with the understanding that his talent entitles him to nothing special in life other than the opportunity to share his good fortune with others.  And I, for one, am proud to know him...the person he was and the person he strives to be.

razorduck

Hit that line, Hit that line, keep on going....

bcg_70

Jim Rome just said what a great guy & great golfer he is, shooting a 69 the day after his wife goes to the pen.  I didn't hear what Cowherd said, but it seems the exact opposite of Rome's take.

hogsNbeer

Hugehogfan....... Thank you for that great post!   I feel the same way as you do..............+2 for you my friend....

hogsNbeer

Huge,  I couldnt' give you 2 bumps right off the bat, so sorry, 1 will have to do for now........... Daly is 6 off the lead with about 8 to go........ ;D

jforte

biojosh

After I listened to Cowherd today I think it is not so much that he dislikes JD or thinks he is a bad guy, but that Cowherd hates how everyone gives some athletes a pass for stuff while others like Iverson, TO, etc... get lambasted for their mistakes.  The fact is everyone has faults and these guys mistakes get broadcast for all to know about and depending on if you like the person or not determines if you think it was a bad mistake.  John is a great golfer and a nice guy who has made some bad decsions and the same can be said of other athletes and Cowherd's point was it is funny how people still love John and hate some of the other athletes.

ugh

Who shot JFK.JD ,FB ,NR HDN, OR Andy Griff en OR WAS IT Barney ,could have been Boss HOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!