Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 PG Justice Hill offered

Started by Hawg Red, February 08, 2016, 05:55:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Quote from: methog on February 12, 2016, 01:39:53 pm

When Justice was in 7th grade, he started for the 9th grade team.  He never played 7th or 8th grade basketball at LRCA.  So, if that is from his 7th grade year, then he is playing with and against 9th graders.

That's pretty awesome.

Hawg Red

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 12, 2016, 02:43:49 pm
Wait a second - and let me emphasize I am not trying to start any darn here - but doesn't that start a clock ticking on varsity level play?  Seems I recall a case in Conway a few years back involving a move in who had played varsity (defined as 9th - 12th grade) ball in Alaska.

Think they would have done it if so?

mhuff

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 12, 2016, 12:16:08 pm
I've been trying for about a week now.

All you do is run your mouth and call other people stupid which I will report .

Otto Porter was an unknown recruit that no one knew about .  Sports Illustrated had an article " The Best Unknown Player in America." I referred him two years before that article came out.  So your analogy concerning other well known athletes is a bunch of umpah.

I refer players to different colleges according to their abilities. I do not need to tell you anything about the young man I referred. The coaches  determine their interest in his abilities. If you don't put a player at the right level they won't listen the next time. They won't listen but once to an eighth grade church league player who used to be a " pure shooter."

Hawg Red

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 12, 2016, 02:55:54 pm
I'm not trying to insinuate anything here but I do think violations of the AHSAA rules occur when you consider how poorly some of the rules are written.  I'm hoping someone can recall that case and if there was some sort of clarification about the rule that was published after the fact. 

I recall that at one time, 9th grade was NOT considered varsity (didn't that change because of Corliss at Russellville?) - I'm just trying to recall what is (and is not) considered varsity play these days.

Different districts have different rules. The only reason Anton Beard went to Parkview was because NLR wouldn't let 9th graders play varsity. When I was in junior high, the 9th grade was at the junior high at my school (Sylvan Hills). This poster is talking about a "9th grade team." So many differences. But I honestly don't think LRCA would risk his eligibility by playing him in the 7th and 8th grade. More than likely, their rules are similar to NLR were varsity is 10th-12th grade. I won't pretend to know anything about the rules, though, but I just trust that they know what they're doing.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mhuff on February 12, 2016, 02:53:03 pm
The coaches  determine their interest in his abilities.

Exactly!

I told everyone about Malik Monk when I saw him at 15.  Look where he is now.  All thanks to me.

mhuff