Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many of you like to grill or barbeque during football season?

Started by Ben, August 06, 2017, 06:12:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Who's ready to grill this season? what foods do you guys like to put on the grill?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: Ben on August 06, 2017, 06:12:39 pm
what foods do you guys like to put on the grill?

cathead biscuits and gravy from the nice little secret off Cantrell Avenue

perfect for grilling

Polecat

Polska kielblasa. Chicken wings (with recipe I learned in El Dorado). And always good to grill a ribeye. Those are my 3 go-to grill choices
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Razorbackers

If I make it to a tailgate, it's typically burgers, dogs, brats, maybe some jalepenos that were pre-stuffed at home. Nothing too fancy.

At home, I'm using the smoker haha. Especially for a night game.

Steef

I live in North Carolina. No tailgates.

14 Saturdays in front of the tube, bouncing between SEC network & any other football channel from 11 am until bedtime.

Grilling is for Sunday.

I am literally on a first name basis at Pizza Hut & Dominis on Saturdays.

BDSCT51

Beef tenderloin, pork loin, whole chicken, chicken wings are my Pit Barrel smoker go to items during the season. I make Saturdays all about college football! Going to the USC-E game this year along with 7 or 8 other Hog expats from here in Savannah. Can't wait!

WPS!!!!!
Bleeding Razorback Red

The OTR

I mostly eat sandwiches on game days. Pimento cheese, bolognie, and ham if I am working that week and have money in my pocket.  Don't have a grill. Don't want a grill.

The OTR

I'm sure we're going to hear a variety of long winded self serving diatribes about all the wondrous things these big shots grill up on game days.  I can hardly wait.

Razorbackers

Sounds like someone is jealous they can't afford a grill.  ;)

The OTR

PeabodyHawg

If we're having people over to watch games its usually Brats, Burgers, and Hot Dogs.  Those are low maintenance, low prep time, and can be kept warm or rewarmed for late arriving guests.

If its just us I'll do brisket, ribs, or a shoulder in the smoker.

One game a year we'll do a fish fry to change things up a bit.

The OTR

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on August 07, 2017, 03:10:52 pm
If we're having people over to watch games its usually Brats, Burgers, and Hot Dogs.  Those are low maintenance, low prep time, and can be kept warm or rewarmed for late arriving guests.

If its just us I'll do brisket, ribs, or a shoulder in the smoker.

One game a year we'll do a fish fry to change things up a bit.

Do you have enough friends or do you need more?

I'd prefer to be invited when you have fish or ribs if you don't mind.  I can boil up my own hot dogs and get a sonic burger if they serve walk ups (some places do not serve if you don't have a car).

And where do you live? And can you either rent a car for me or have one of your friends give me a ride to your house?

Stephen Greene

I either stuff bacon in jalapenos, or stuff jalapenos in bacon - can't remember unless I'm right there doing it. When I'm doing it right then, I remember which is which. Mix in Gouda cheese.

for the TCU game, I'm planning whipping up some health food pasta and mixing in Gouda cheese, or parmesan or both. With olive oil. Healthy! Safflower oil maybe too. I may scramble my eggs that morning with safflower oil.

Get the smoker going early in the morning and put a bowl of the biscuits and a bowl of the gravy in and let them smoke most of the morning.

New Mexico State game, I'm going for a Spanish angle. Stocked up on cilantro already.

Haven't started planning the Auburn game yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on August 07, 2017, 01:50:13 pm
I'm sure we're going to hear a variety of long winded self serving diatribes about all the wondrous things these big shots grill up on game days.  I can hardly wait.

My chef really likes to grill Waygu beef, we'll usually have some Bulegan caviar and white truffles waiting on him to prepare the steaks.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2017, 04:18:36 pm
My chef really likes to grill Waygu beef, we'll usually have some Bulegan caviar and white truffles waiting on him to prepare the steaks.

you should kill off that NEA rare woodpecker and grill him up for the TCU game - get the EPA off your back so you can do some irrigation projects

kill two birds with one stone - no pun intended

what would a woodpecker taste like? Chicken?

Razorbackers

Quote from: Stephen Greene on August 07, 2017, 04:03:22 pm
I either stuff bacon in jalapenos, or stuff jalapenos in bacon - can't remember unless I'm right there doing it. When I'm doing it right then, I remember which is which. Mix in Gouda cheese.

for the TCU game, I'm planning whipping up some health food pasta and mixing in Gouda cheese, or parmesan or both. With olive oil. Healthy! Safflower oil maybe too. I may scramble my eggs that morning with safflower oil.

Get the smoker going early in the morning and put a bowl of the biscuits and a bowl of the gravy in and let them smoke most of the morning.

New Mexico State game, I'm going for a Spanish angle. Stocked up on cilantro already.

Tell me about gouda in the jalepenos, please. That seems like it wouldn't work/taste right? But I could be wrong and I would try it. I'd done Gruyere before, which had to be cut thin to it would melt faster, but tasted amazing. It was basically gruyere, bacon, diced onion, and salt & pepper in the mix. 

thebignasty

Quote from: Stephen Greene on August 07, 2017, 04:03:22 pm

That cilantro ought to be righteous by the tcu game.

We'll be grilling up some chickens for the FAMU game.  I like to get it on the grill before the lighter fluid is all burnt off, for flavor.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: Razorbackers on August 07, 2017, 04:42:06 pm
Tell me about gouda in the jalepenos, please. That seems like it wouldn't work/taste right? But I could be wrong and I would try it. I'd done Gruyere before, which had to be cut thin to it would melt faster, but tasted amazing. It was basically gruyere, bacon, diced onion, and salt & pepper in the mix.

Gouda is good for you. So I shove it into anything that ends up getting cooked. Poke it in with my thumbs. Whatever.

Stop being so damn picky you little communist

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Stephen Greene on August 07, 2017, 08:26:09 pm

Gouda is good for you. So I shove it into anything that ends up getting cooked. Poke it in with my thumbs. Whatever.

My favorite thing with gouda is to stuff some in a turkey neck, wrap in baloney, and smoke it til the baloney gets crisp.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

bythelake

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on August 07, 2017, 03:19:43 pm
Do you have enough friends or do you need more?

I'd prefer to be invited when you have fish or ribs if you don't mind.  I can boil up my own hot dogs and get a sonic burger if they serve walk ups (some places do not serve if you don't have a car).

And where do you live? And can you either rent a car for me or have one of your friends give me a ride to your house?

You do know that many of us have paid through our literal azzes to fund government programs for you to take advantage of.....  doesn't sound like you're getting your rightful share so I'm guessing you're a white, hetero, male, protestant ....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin marinated in Moore's original.
Chicken with a beer can in his ass.
Boneless skinless chicken thighs on a stick marinated in Moore's original and sprinkled with gun powder seasoning.
Shrimp kabobs. And many others.
I don't f#$& around when it comes to the grill or smoker. And last but not least cold beer.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DLUXHOG

My deal is to smoke a big beef brisket... early morning to early evening..  and I smoke the peppers, onions, tomatoes and corn on the cob to go with it...

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

The OTR

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 09, 2017, 07:34:36 pm
You do know that many of us have paid through our literal azzes to fund government programs for you to take advantage of.....  doesn't sound like you're getting your rightful share so I'm guessing you're a white, hetero, male, protestant ....

So is this your way of inviting me to your house for a barbecue?  If so you need to change your tone and approach before I'll accept your invitation.

I enjoy living the good life off folks like you paying my bills.  Collecting a check for doing nothing all day while poor chumps like you work for the man all day.  Hate to say it but there's a better way, Dlux. And it starts with not hitting a lick when it comes to working.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Ain't nuthin like purchasing meats with food stamps to grill .....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

The OTR

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on August 10, 2017, 06:25:12 am
Ain't nuthin like purchasing meats with food stamps to grill .....

Some of you guys with multiple grills needs to donate one to me.  Wayne has three or four (granted at least two of those are from a now defunct company) so it looks like he could donate at least one or at the very least buy me a George Foreman Grill.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 07, 2017, 08:34:16 pm
My favorite thing with gouda is to stuff some in a turkey neck, wrap in baloney, and smoke it til the baloney gets crisp.

what I do with my Gouda is my business, and certainly no business of a global moderator like you

I don't appreciate the government delving into my personal business - I know you global moderators report back to the Freemasons and etc - don't even try to deny it

The OTR

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on August 10, 2017, 06:53:49 am
Some of you guys with multiple grills needs to donate one to me.  Wayne has three or four (granted at least two of those are from a now defunct company) so it looks like he could donate at least one or at the very least buy me a George Foreman Grill.

I want to retract this request.  The tavern is like a seedy little dirty pawn shop these days and everyone in here, mostly mods I must sadly say, seem to be trying to unload one or more Brinkman grills now that the cat is out of the bag about the company being bankrupt and out of business. 

I will just keep eating potted meat and crackers on game day if it's all the same.  Last thing I need is a big flammable headache on game days this fall.

Thanks.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Stephen Greene on August 10, 2017, 11:55:14 am
what I do with my Gouda is my business, and certainly no business of a global moderator like you

I don't appreciate the government delving into my personal business - I know you global moderators report back to the Freemasons and etc - don't even try to deny it

What you do with your gouda is up to you. Its what you do with velveeta that raises flags.
Millennials suck...

Razorbackers

Quote from: Stephen Greene on August 07, 2017, 08:26:09 pm

If  you're saying it's good, I'm probably going to try it. Just would have never thought to do it.