Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One thing I would love to see next year.

Started by Hogindasticks, December 08, 2017, 01:25:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

More than 4 yards on first down!   WPS! ;D

Less than 4 yards given up by defense on 1st down!

Kids on the sideline having fun.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 08, 2017, 01:25:39 pm

+1
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

Razor8

Less than 10 yrds between our def backs and their receivers!
Razorbacks

pghawg1

I would like us to be able to wrap up and tackle...                 

johnny cash

HogPharmer

Based on the disdain you already have for our new HC, I'm surprised you're even considering any of these things as a possibility.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

livevanguy

Quote from: pghawg1 on December 08, 2017, 05:13:36 pm
    I would like us to be able to wrap up and tackle...                 
Here Here! No more noodle-arm tackling!
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Hogindasticks

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 08, 2017, 05:17:46 pm
Based on the disdain you already have for our new HC, I'm surprised you're even considering any of these things as a possibility.

Based on the understanding that you have of me, it might be a better scenario that you mind your own business and let others live their lives as they see fit instead of trying to intervene.  Your opinion and thought process of how I feel about anything is only your approximation.  Keep guessing how people feel and how you THINK people are.  I feel sorry for the person that feels they have to do that since they will never really know the truth themselves.

FullTiltBoogie

BroyledNutts

Students in the student section for 4 quarters would be a nice start ...

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 09, 2017, 02:17:47 am

Keeping at least 60% of the announced attendance in the stands UNTIL the 4th Quarter would be great.
This is my non-signature signature.

BearsBisonsBoars

If you win it, they will stay.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on December 09, 2017, 02:20:55 am
If you win it, they will stay.

I hope so ... watching other games on TV and see student sections jammed full of rabid screaming kids, and then see ours with tumbleweeds rolling across the bleachers is embarrassing in the worst way.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 09, 2017, 02:25:27 am
I hope so ... watching other games on TV and see student sections jammed full of rabid screaming kids, and then see ours with tumbleweeds rolling across the bleachers is embarrassing in the worst way.

I feel you. If it makes you feel any better, I Got to sit in the student section on homecoming 2016. The passion is still there, we've just not capitalized on it.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 08, 2017, 07:25:10 pm
Based on the understanding that you have of me, it might be a better scenario that you mind your own business and let others live their lives as they see fit instead of trying to intervene.  Your opinion and thought process of how I feel about anything is only your approximation.  Keep guessing how people feel and how you THINK people are.  I feel sorry for the person that feels they have to do that since they will never really know the truth themselves.

My understanding of you is based upon your post history here. I feel sorry for you that you are such a sad human being who cannot find any silver lining in what you even believe to be the darkest of days of not even your life, but of a football program.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Phil D

If I were a betting man I would give you possibly 50% on point 1; 25% on point 2 ; and 80% on point 3.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Broke Tusk

PLEASE no more bend but don't break defense.

6jworks9

Farmer Hogget

Tejano Jawg

I hear you, but there were plenty of times this year I would have been happy gaining 4 yards on our first play.   :'(
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Grunt

Quote from: livevanguy on December 08, 2017, 06:57:22 pm
Here Here! No more noodle-arm tackling!
Exactly! Let the boyz know we are looking for 11 headhunters; mean as hell. 
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Hogs run wild

i would like a coach that doesn't put his foot in his mouth before he's done anything worthwhile.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Dark Helmet Hog

I want to see some toughness and a bunch of guys playing with some fire.

Flrazrback

rljjr

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 09, 2017, 02:20:32 am
Keeping at least 60% of the announced attendance in the stands UNTIL the 4th Quarter would be great.

This would be helped by a SEVERE reduction in the timeout special announcements and just letting the fans call the Hogs, do the Arkansas/Razorbacks chant from East to West, and letting the band play (but they're going to have to learn to play louder). We kill our own traditions by trying to get cute with the microphone and speakers. Let the fans cheer! Don't corporate us to death!

ZERO

I'm not going to expect much, being his first year. But we should have more talent than our 4-8 record indicated. We were dealing with woefully inept mismanagement and a screwy coaching staff. We have four G5 opponents on the OoC slate. Four of our eight SEC foes are Ole Miss, MSU, Missouri, and Vanderbilt.

We should get six wins out of that and make a Bowl. That's all I'd like to see.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

MasterChiefHog

Some sort of a kicking game would be nice. I hear even teams like Bama have them.

I like diversity too. Having someone not named Allen as QB would be neat as well.

A productive O Line would be a nice wrinkle too. I have 73 more.

Seeing the kids on the sidelines having fun would is the best one yet. 
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

Reservoir Hogs

reading the offensive write up from joshgoforth CCM stressing winning 1st down each series.   Said something like if you get a first down on your first play of the series he scores 66% of time on that drive...   Look for us to be very aggressive offensively

jvanhorn

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 08, 2017, 07:25:10 pm

wow, that is a really good rant!  I didn't really understand much of it, but I could tell you were having a good time.  I don't mind someone going a little preacher now and then and telling people what is wrong with them, lol

jvanhorn

Quote from: rljjr on December 09, 2017, 03:14:42 pm
This would be helped by a SEVERE reduction in the timeout special announcements and just letting the fans call the Hogs, do the Arkansas/Razorbacks chant from East to West, and letting the band play (but they're going to have to learn to play louder). We kill our own traditions by trying to get cute with the microphone and speakers. Let the fans cheer! Don't corporate us to death!

This is actually 100 per cent right, except he forgot this is all about MONEY.  No money in letting you call the Hogs and letting the band play..   I know it is hard to realize that sports has gone from being about athletic competiion to be about being money making machines--and it is not just football by a long shot.

Headhog32

and a packed stadium

deserthog

Sed76

Not giving up at least one huge play for a touchdown. Seemed to happen at least once a game for years.

RockyMtnHog

One thing I would love to see next year.  WINS!!!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

HamGrowsOnTrees

Is second and 6 That unmanageable in all of your minds? Interesting.

Hogindasticks  says he wants to know one thing and then lists three things he wants.  Give the man an inch and we wants a mile.

JONAS