Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Harris says it's time for Bielema to let the Hogs play

Started by SportsLife, October 20, 2017, 09:23:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

Jim pretty much hammers BB on the O'Line and deservedly so. For those of you that actually think that Bobby Allen has some influence on BB please explain why Bobby didn't do more to protect his son? With his influence you would think that he would have demanded an O'Line that would have kept AA from getting pounded into the dirt game-after-game!

My hope is that we run blitz on 1st down and force some 2nd and longs, my fear is that we come out passive and give up some long busts.

Sho Nuff

I agree that we need to risk it all to stop the run.  My concern is that Malzahn's offense is built to make overly aggressive defenses pay. 

DoctorSusscrofa

I wish I still cared. But Saturday night I'm going to a symphony concert. And I'm going to enjoy it.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

HogPharmer

Quote from: Sho Nuff on October 20, 2017, 09:38:35 pm
I agree that we need to risk it all to stop the run.  My concern is that Malzahn's offense is built to make overly aggressive defenses pay.

I'd like to see more blitzes and "wreckless" defense. Our "bend don't break" defense still breaks A LOT. We still get burned on blown coverages. The whole point of bend don't break is to not get burned. We need to go after their QB and run game hard. Who knows, it could just pay off.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

presidenthog

Ask any auburn fan and they will tell you they run a dive on 1st down almost every time.

They are the epitome of run up the gut, run up the gut, deep pass, punt offense.

Auburn fans are sick of gus and hate his play calling. If we can stuff thier run game with thier predictable play calling pattern, we can slow thier offense down. In saying that, our run defense is very bad, and outside of sosa we do not have great linemen.

On the flip side our o line is going to get destroyed.

hobhog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 20, 2017, 11:10:34 pm
I wish I still cared. But Saturday night I'm going to a symphony concert. And I'm going to enjoy it.

Wow....

HogPharmer

Quote from: hobhog on October 20, 2017, 11:56:49 pm
Wow....

Same guy who started the thread about Memphis "getting skunked" last night... so take it with a grain of salt.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

buldozer

Right now, I would take Gus over CBB.... At least Gus values kids from Arkansas and puts them on the field. Not sure his results would be much better than CBB but I would be willing to give him a try if we can't get someone better.

(notOM)Rebel123

October 21, 2017, 06:27:15 am #9 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:17:10 am by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: buldozer on October 21, 2017, 02:52:24 am
Right now, I would take Gus over CBB.... At least Gus values kids from Arkansas and puts them on the field. Not sure his results would be much better than CBB but I would be willing to give him a try if we can't get someone better.

Values kids from Arkansas? He has one kid from Arkansas on his roster and that kid had to walk on. He valued the S'dale kids who followed him to Fayetteville so much, that he bailed on them after a year.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

longtimeHogfan

October 21, 2017, 06:33:20 am #10 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:54:21 am by longtimeHogfan

And you imply CBB doesn't value kids from Arkansas?  I don't know what makes you say that but whatever BB's faults may be not valuing his players isn't one of them.  He is the epitome of a players coach. 

P.S.  .....and throw Gus under the bus.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: presidenthog on October 20, 2017, 11:37:42 pm
Ask any auburn fan and they will tell you they run a dive on 1st down almost every time.

A great example of how fan bases all over the country are so near sighted including ours. They faked that dive and ran an end around for a TD the first play from scrimmage last season. People may hate Malzahn, but he's a good chess player.  Show a scheme and throw in a wrinkle from time to time.  The key is to set up your base and make it a threat.  Arkansas hasn't established an indentity and then can't add in those wrinkles.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

swineology

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 21, 2017, 07:37:43 am
A great example of how fan bases all over the country are so near sighted including ours. They faked that dive and ran an end around for a TD the first play from scrimmage last season. People may hate Malzahn, but he's a good chess player.  Show a scheme and throw in a wrinkle from time to time.  The key is to set up your base and make it a threat. Arkansas hasn't established an indentity and then can't add in those wrinkles.

Post of the day

HardCore

Whoa...That's pretty bad when that state of the program has become so apathetic that Wagner, Mozart, and Chopin are more attractive fan draws. 

We better make some coaching and/or Admin changes pretty Freakin Fast.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

parallaxpig

You might want to ask Dakota Moseley about how much Gus cares..............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

BadHog

Who can explain the willy-nilly offensive line switches that have bogged down the program since spring practice of 2016?

That one sentence says a lot about our problems.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: HardCore on October 21, 2017, 08:13:46 am
Whoa...That's pretty bad when that state of the program has become so apathetic that Wagner, Mozart, and Chopin are more attractive fan draws. 

We better make some coaching and/or Admin changes pretty Freakin Fast.

Actually I love all those a lot. But tonight's concert is a Pops concert featuring Beatles music (Abbey Road). My generation.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Ex-Trumpet

The symphony is a great experience...wish more people would go, they would enjoy it.

Have fun!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

code red

we are not good enough in the secondary. A bad loss today will be the dagger for CBB. He's just going to play to keep it close.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Bebop

What is the symphony going to be playing? Sounds fun, no joke

farmhawg

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on October 21, 2017, 06:33:20 am
And you imply CBB doesn't value kids from Arkansas?  I don't know what makes you say that but whatever BB's faults may be not valuing his players isn't one of them.  He is the epitome of a players coach. 

P.S.  .....and throw Gus under the bus.
Nope, most players like to win.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hawgdavis

No you won't you would be like the rest of us and wanting to know what was going on and hoping he Hogs we're beating the ever loving darn out of Auburn I'm talking curb stomp and that the truth of it. We're Hog fans and when it comes right down to it we all bleed Razorback red and no matter how bad it gets we're still proud to be Hogs and as always it's us against the world. We're Hog fans and can't turn away from our Hogs even when we sometimes want to.

Athog

Wow! I can't believe there are fans like you!! I guess some of what is said about our fans are true!

navyhog24

Jim aka sportlife you don't have to change logins if you want to promote your own article. Robert Shields never did

Redhogs

Quote from: presidenthog on October 20, 2017, 11:37:42 pm

They are the epitome of run up the gut, run up the gut, deep pass, punt offense.

Auburn fans are sick of gus and hate his play calling. If we can stuff thier run game with thier predictable play calling pattern, we can slow thier offense down. In saying that, our run defense is very bad, and outside of sosa we do not have great linemen.

On the flip side our o line is going to get destroyed.
Problem is we don't have their speed...it we stop the inside game, they will just run around us on the ends. Seen this movie too many times. And we never make game time adjustments sooooooo.....

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 21, 2017, 02:13:19 pm

No you won't you would be like the rest of us and wanting to know what was going on and hoping he Hogs we're beating the ever loving darn out of Auburn I'm talking curb stomp and that the truth of it. We're Hog fans and when it comes right down to it we all bleed Razorback red and no matter how bad it gets we're still proud to be Hogs and as always it's us against the world. We're Hog fans and can't turn away from our Hogs even when we sometimes want to.
Wrong..been a fan for 27 years and will have no problem doing something else tonight. Too frustrating to watch the miserable product that Bert has put on the field. If I bleed for anything, it'd for the state of our program...but you enjoy...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?