Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm boycotting watching razorback games

Started by The OTR, October 20, 2017, 12:28:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

Until we win a conference game or until CBB is gone.

Not going to watch Gus come up here with that dumb ### visor and beat us up and embarrass us again.

That's it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Okay. I'm not

However, at halftime I may wish I had

DeltaBoy

I had to do this before cause of my high blood pressure , Clusterflapping under Bret so bad the wife though she was going to take me to the ER. 

Record it and check ESPN after the game if they win watch it and if not delete it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ex-Trumpet

Y'all seriously need to discover whiskey.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2017, 12:33:46 pm

I did years ago and it makes me worse ... I was a MEAN DRUNK!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 12:35:16 pm
I did years ago and it makes me worse ... I was a MEAN DRUNK!

Well, yeah, that's the point!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Wildhog

Bourbon - getting me through Razorback football seasons since 2004.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

greasy_corner

I'll be at the game tomorrow with my kids. 

You'll still be on here looking for attention.

What else is new?

DLUXHOG

Men....  in every game there is a winner and there is a loser...  simply put it may just not be our time, or "season".   Don't lose faith as the Hogs "time" will be here again, hopefully very soon....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 12:28:27 pm

Not going to watch Gus come up here with that dumb ### visor and beat us up and embarrass us again.

That's it.

What your other HV identities? Will they watch??
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

Iam injuying sum guud rum rightt now....

DLUXHOG

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 12:40:48 pm
"Season?"

Try decade.

Okay... decade then (even though it hasn't been a decade since the Hogs were on top)...  all things are cyclical.....

ipigsooie

Quote from: Wildhog on October 20, 2017, 12:36:21 pm
I second this. Makes ugly girls pretty and it makes razorback 2nd half meltdowns a little more bearable.

Ex-Trumpet

Funny whiskey story...my wife and I attended Hogs/Bama game in Fayetteville with Oklahawg and a couple others.  Our seats were slam in the middle of the Bama fans, their QB's parents a row or two in front of us.

Of course my wife got a fifth of Crown in the game and she mixed it with a Coke (yes, it was long enough ago it was a Coke!).  While she was turned talking smack to some Bama fans, a wasp flew into her cup.  She too a drink and saw/heard/felt the wasp in her cup and her twirler reactions took over, slinging a full Crown and Coke all over the Bama fans in front of her.

She then caught the smack from the Bama fans for not sharing any Crown (I tried to explain to them that she did share, all over the folks in front of her).

We lost, but it was a fun time made even funner by whiskey.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 20, 2017, 12:43:16 pm
Iam injuying sum guud rum rightt now....
That's What I'm talking about... I'm a rum guy myself.  Ever try plantation?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

DLUXHOG

Mac12 is my poison of choice....

rzrbaxfan

It will take a lot more than disdain for the coaching staff and/or leadership for me to boycott watching games.  If they start making things political (like the NFL) or start making heroes out of people that are dirt bags off the field (also like the NFL), then I'll turn away.  Until then, I'll watch. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2017, 12:45:10 pm
Funny whiskey story...my wife and I attended Hogs/Bama game in Fayetteville with Oklahawg and a couple others.  Our seats were slam in the middle of the Bama fans, their QB's parents a row or two in front of us.

Of course my wife got a fifth of Crown in the game and she mixed it with a Coke (yes, it was long enough ago it was a Coke!).  While she was turned talking smack to some Bama fans, a wasp flew into her cup.  She too a drink and saw/heard/felt the wasp in her cup and her twirler reactions took over, slinging a full Crown and Coke all over the Bama fans in front of her.

She then caught the smack from the Bama fans for not sharing any Crown (I tried to explain to them that she did share, all over the folks in front of her).

We lost, but it was a fun time made even funner by whiskey.

Whiskey - bringing people together.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The OTR

Quote from: greasy_corner on October 20, 2017, 12:36:39 pm
I'll be at the game tomorrow with my kids. 

You'll still be on here looking for attention.

What else is new?

I probably needed to hear that, Greasy. 

Not much real football talk here anymore.  Now it's just about lobsters and jelly sandwiches and firing Jeff long and finding a new coach. 

Won't be in the game thread tomorrow.  That much you can bet on. And I won't be watching.  I plan on doing some repelling tomorrow and if I survive that and we win then I can watch next week.

Tusks

Technically you only have to watch the 1st half.  So start off by boycotting the 2nd half.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The OTR

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 20, 2017, 12:42:05 pm
What your other HV identities? Will they watch??

This seems to be a recurring theme.  It's just me. Dummy.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

ricepig

I'm boycotting any of Pillowhead's threads until we win!

Porked Tongue

I'm not cut from that cloth.

I will be in my stadium seat cheering on those Hogs.

From Tusk Till Dawn

The OTR

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 20, 2017, 01:14:22 pm
I'm not cut from that cloth.

I will be in my stadium seat cheering on those Hogs.

I'm a fair weather fan.  No doubt.

Four and a half years is my limit.  Nothing personal against the players. This one is about the coach.

WilsonHog

That's it.

That'll show 'em.

Ben

Watch him still be in the game threads lol
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 01:20:54 pm

Four and a half years is my limit.  Nothing personal against the players. This one is about the coach.
Sounds like you got a hold of a bad lobster.  Get you some pepto and some scented candles and you should be good by game time.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 01:20:54 pm

Selfish.

Plus, I'd gamble you DO watch some of the game.

Vantage 8 dude

That's it.
Well that's it then-the absolute final forewarning of armageddon. All future U Of A games have officially been cancelled until Pillow Brain gets "right with the Lord".

PorkRinds

I swore I wasn't gonna watch the bama game. The beginning of the Cole Kelley era was enough to change my mind.

orvillesghost

For me at least, going to the games has nothing to do with how good *or bad* Arkansas happens to be in a particular year.

I can remember sitting through a downpour at WMS in 1974 as Arkansas and SMU battled to a 24-24 tie. Neither team was worth a tinker's damn that year but it remains one of the most exciting ballgames I ever saw. If I had judged things just on our record that year, I sure would have missed a good one.

Plus it was the last game I ever attended with my father just the two of us.

Memories like that are why I go to games and will even if we go 3-9...

The OTR

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 20, 2017, 01:21:13 pm
That'll show 'em.

Yep. It will. 

And I won't be in here hacked off at everything tomorrow night for once. 

There are more important things to do Saturday than get all steamed up.  Riding my jet ski. Eating bean burritos.  Practicing my karate.  Roasting up marshmellers.  Drinking sweet tea.

The OTR

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 20, 2017, 01:25:21 pm
Selfish.

Plus, I'd gamble you DO watch some of the game.

I'm selfish because I choose to do something other than watch a football game?  Really? 

phadedhawg

I will watch as long as it's a game.  Once it gets away from us I try to find more productive things to do. 

EastArkHog 47

I watch them but expect to lose, Jack Daniels helps but doesn't hide the fact that Bielema is possibly the worst coach the Hogs have ever had.

The OTR

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 20, 2017, 01:40:20 pm
I will watch as long as it's a game.  Once it gets away from us I try to find more productive things to do.

Gus.  We could have had him and at least been decent. Hard to watch him come up her and destroy us.

We need to fire Cbb right after the game if we lose.

Vantage 8 dude

But, but.....if you don't watch the games does that mean the "Pillow Brain weekly weather report" is also kaput :o ??? ::) I mean what are the National Weather Bureau and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency (NOAA) going to do about reporting on global warming ??? :o ::) I mean this is liable to set mankind back ANOTHER five minutes after all your other rants and tripe.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 01:43:08 pm

I couldn't agree with you more.......He is a thorn which must be removed....

DeltaBoy

After the Toledo game I had to take a Nitroglycerin tablet .  I get too involved with Hog Football and it affects my overall health.  Since Bobby wrecked it just been bad.

NoogaHog

I won't be watching live. We will all be taking the day off and going to the Smokies. Tool around Cade's Cove, see some waterfalls and some black bears. Get some good food, maybe catch a show in Pigeon Forge. Enjoy a day with my family. A nice, relaxing, stress free day. Then when we get back about 10 or so, I will watch the game on the DVR, and all that peace and relaxation will be lost.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 01:43:08 pm
Gus.  We could have had him and at least been decent. Hard to watch him come up her and destroy us.

Lol, CBB has us now hoping for "decent?"

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 01:46:50 pm
After the Toledo game I had to take a Nitroglycerin tablet .  I get too involved with Hog Football and it affects my overall health.  Since Bobby wrecked it just been bad.

True fan!!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2017, 01:59:02 pm
True fan!!

I started recording after that.  When Nutt was here I stopped watching and waited till the game was over and checked Hogville it we won I would look for the replay on ESPN and watch it then.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 01:34:12 pm
Yep. It will. 

And I won't be in here hacked off at everything tomorrow night for once. 

There are more important things to do Saturday than get all steamed up.  Riding my jet ski. Eating bean burritos.  Practicing my karate.  Roasting up marshmellers.  Drinking sweet tea.

and.... you will have missed the best Hogs win of the year..............

PorkSoda

That's it.
could you boycott hogville?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: WoooPigNation on October 20, 2017, 02:07:33 pm
People actually watch the Hogs sober?

Well, there have been a lot of 11:00am starts this year...

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 01:35:21 pm
I'm selfish because I choose to do something other than watch a football game?  Really? 
Exactly.