Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dirt cheap auto insurance?

Started by whosiskid, December 27, 2017, 12:36:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whosiskid

Can anyone suggest an auto insurance company that is dirt cheap that will allow me to meet the state legal minimum requirements? My monthly health insurance costs have just sky rocketed and I'm having to retrenchment in every way I can. I keep looking online, but all of the online "tools"keep shoving Progressive at me, which is most definitely not cheap. There has to be some company out there that does nothing more than keep you legal.

Any help would be most appreciated.

btw, I now have a really negative image of Progresive. I am a complete non-governmental with them, yet somehow I keep having them and their $350 a month quote shoved down my throat. Doesn't fit my definition of dirt cheap.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Chorizo Hogriguez

whoever insures your house is your best deal on car insurance - same agent

whosiskid

I rent, so that doesn't do the trick.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

majestic

$350/month? Where do you live? Do you have DUIs or just a bunch of tickets? I pay less than that for 6 months for my teenage son.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

whosiskid

Quote from: majestic on December 27, 2017, 06:17:46 pm
$350/month? Where do you live? Do you have DUIs or just a bunch of tickets? I pay less than that for 6 months for my teenage son.

No, I'm as average as  guy can be. I did call someone today and they offered $45 a month, but I'm hoping to get something lower than that. I'm going to have a few tough months due to some medical issues and have to cut things pretty close to the bone.

Chorizo Hogriguez

December 28, 2017, 06:54:30 pm #5 Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:05:24 pm by Chorizo Hogriguez
Quote from: whosiskid on December 27, 2017, 10:12:34 am
I rent, so that doesn't do the trick.

ok

Chorizo Hogriguez

Quote from: whosiskid on December 28, 2017, 12:03:04 am
No, I'm as average as  guy can be. I did call someone today and they offered $45 a month, but I'm hoping to get something lower than that. I'm going to have a few tough months due to some medical issues and have to cut things pretty close to the bone.

it was $350 a month, now the offer is $45 a month, and you are not happy

porque

I'm shopping around now.  Any ideas on cheap insurance?  I have two teenagres.

holeinthewall

You need full coverage?  Or just Liability and Uninsured. You definitely want uninsured in this state.

And there is more to it than the price. Lots of these "cheap" insurance companies won't help you if you have something happen. They will play games trying to get out of paying out a penny.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: whosiskid on December 27, 2017, 12:36:58 am
Can anyone suggest an auto insurance company that is dirt cheap that will allow me to meet the state legal minimum requirements? My monthly health insurance costs have just sky rocketed and I'm having to retrenchment in every way I can. I keep looking online, but all of the online "tools"keep shoving Progressive at me, which is most definitely not cheap. There has to be some company out there that does nothing more than keep you legal.

Any help would be most appreciated.

btw, I now have a really negative image of Progresive. I am a complete non-governmental with them, yet somehow I keep having them and their $350 a month quote shoved down my throat. Doesn't fit my definition of dirt cheap.
don't believe it, Obama promised your rates wouldn't go up....and you could keep your doctor.

PP

waphill

Quote from: porque on October 22, 2018, 10:07:12 am
I'm shopping around now.  Any ideas on cheap insurance?  I have two teenagres.

There is no such thing as cheap insurance and two teenagers. Have chip in and pay a portion.

vandybuff

While I do not know your circumstances, I will this year use Costco (Ameriprise) for everything.  Second place is Safeco.  just my opinion.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

EarlCampbellsHotLink

Quote from: whosiskid on December 28, 2017, 12:03:04 am

45 a month is incredibly cheap, .
If you're not first, you're last.

ricepig

Quote from: EarlCampbellsHotLink on May 01, 2019, 02:33:06 am
45 a month is incredibly cheap, .

No doubt, you shouldn't get a month's insurance for a tank of gas. These are the type that always hit me, it never seems they have enough insurance, lol.

oldman1015

Quote from: ricepig on May 01, 2019, 08:34:38 am
No doubt, you shouldn't get a month's insurance for a tank of gas. These are the type that always hit me, it never seems they have enough insurance, lol.
And most that give them advice don't know there are different liability limits. Driving around with $25,000 property damage.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: ricepig on May 01, 2019, 08:34:38 am

that's why you pay the 7 bucks extra a month for UI/UE

ricepig

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 08, 2019, 03:43:01 pm
that's why you pay the 7 bucks extra a month for UI/UE

That's a beer in the NEZ, I can't afford that.

Pat Goss

Here locally some woman's teenage son just about totaled a Tyson feed hauling new Semi truck. How much insurance did she need to cover that?
Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 16, 2020, 06:04:44 pm
That all you got, Pat? No royal family or Taylor Swift news today?

Quote from: Pat Goss on July 16, 2020, 06:06:07 pm
Taylor has a vinyl album out

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pat Goss on December 05, 2019, 12:24:42 am
Here locally some woman's teenage son just about totaled a Tyson feed hauling new Semi truck. How much insurance did she need to cover that?

need more info.

Rudy Baylor

awesome thread

hope whosiskid got some help

oldman1015

Quote from: Pat Goss on December 05, 2019, 12:24:42 am
Probably $25,000 property damage if she wanted cheap.
Arkansas, the left lane state.