Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

anybody else hate duke and reddick?

Started by dmac5, February 07, 2006, 11:12:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dmac5

i hate duke, coach k, and reddick so much.
heels>duke

Buff

how can you hate reddick?  do your families have long-running feuds with each other?  i'll bet skip's life that you don't.  i don't like duke, but i'll give reddick credit - all he does is win games.

GrizzledHogFan

I hate Duke and I don't like Coach K, but I think Reddick is great.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

dmac5

yes reddick is great i truly believe he is the best shooter in the entire world but i just hate everything about him. i also hate how people say jj is such a classy guy... because hes not its all a show he puts on a good show

hogtheball

I try to hate REddick.  I repeat to myself "I hate Reddick, I hate reddick, I hate Reddick,"  then Duke comes on TV.  "I hate Reddick," I remind myself. He leans forward, shoulders up the defender, then jumps away from the basket - swish from 28.  "I hate Reddick, but that was beautiful."   He rolls through a pick,  "Reddick sucks," I remind myself,   SWISH!!!  What a shot...I love this game, just not Duke, or REddick. 

Usually, by the end of the game I'm a freakin' Dukie (everything but the blue hair). I wake up the next morning ashamed of what I've done.  I have no self-respect.  I then start the whole process over again hating Reddick.  tonight he scored 35 against NC.  My wife heard me cheering for Duke. Smite me like the wind for what I have done.   
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

razorbackSAX

I have never been a duke fan, but i have nothing but respect for JJ.  I think he is the best college basketball player today, and probably shoots better than 85% of the NBA if not all of them.  AND, it used to be only his shot that you were afraid of, but now he has drastically expanded his game and he can drive, dish and play scary defense.  And you have to respect him, because there is proabably not another player that gets ragged on more by opposing crowds...and he just keeps to him self (for the most part) and lights them up.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on February 07, 2006, 11:14:54 pm
how can you hate reddick?  do your families have long-running feuds with each other?  i'll bet skip's life that you don't.  i don't like duke, but i'll give reddick credit - all he does is win games.

I hate JJ Reddick because he plays for Duke.  that was his biggest mistake.

Adam Morrison is better then him anyways...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

dhornjr1

Hate him. Hate Duke. Always have, always will.

A-Town Hog Fan

I do hate Duke, but Reddick is the man.  He is a stud.
Lord help us all!

dukefan

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 11:38:30 pm
I try to hate REddick.  I repeat to myself "I hate Reddick, I hate reddick, I hate Reddick,"  then Duke comes on TV.  "I hate Reddick," I remind myself. He leans forward, shoulders up the defender, then jumps away from the basket - swish from 28.  "I hate Reddick, but that was beautiful."   He rolls through a pick,  "Reddick sucks," I remind myself,   SWISH!!!  What a shot...I love this game, just not Duke, or REddick. 

Usually, by the end of the game I'm a freakin' Dukie (everything but the blue hair). I wake up the next morning ashamed of what I've done.  I have no self-respect.  I then start the whole process over again hating Reddick.  tonight he scored 35 against NC.  My wife heard me cheering for Duke. Smite me like the wind for what I have done.  
I knew you had it in you!!!

The Coletrain

This is exactly what I was talking about in the other Duke thread.  People hate Duke, hate Coach K, hate Redick, but can't even give you a legitimate reason why other than some stupid celebration one time when they won a game, or some nonsense they heard from someone else.  I think Duke is like the Yankees of the early 1900s, the Celtics of the '60s, and UCLA of the '70s.  People just grow tired of seeing them win and the media talking about them all the time.  They can't really put a finger on why they hate 'em or what started the hatred, but they love to hate 'em!!
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

HogHeathen

Quote from: dukefan on February 08, 2006, 08:04:56 am
I try to hate REddick.  I repeat to myself "I hate Reddick, I hate reddick, I hate Reddick,"  then Duke comes on TV.  "I hate Reddick," I remind myself. He leans forward, shoulders up the defender, then jumps away from the basket - swish from 28.  "I hate Reddick, but that was beautiful."   He rolls through a pick,  "Reddick sucks," I remind myself,   SWISH!!!  What a shot...I love this game, just not Duke, or REddick. 

did you go to Duke?

HoopS

I would pull for Duke in one situation

If they play Texas.  Then and only then.  Coach K is not perfect like it appears some of you must think. 

Some people like Horseraddish, too. 

I never thought I would see fellow Hog fans on these obnoxious peoples jock. 

Unbelievable

hogsanity

THe question I ask about Reddick is would he ELEVATE a bad team?  I am sure he would still get his points, it is obvious he is a ball hog, but would he make a bad team better?  I don't think so.  I think he would simply be a guy who jacks up shots and scores a bunch of points.

Ad for Duke, i hate them simply because the sports guys cram them down our throats all the time, just like they do with ND in FB.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

dukefan

Quote from: HogHeathen on February 08, 2006, 08:15:27 am
Quote from: dukefan on February 08, 2006, 08:04:56 am

did you go to Duke?
NO

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: dmac5 on February 07, 2006, 11:33:58 pm
yes reddick is great i truly believe he is the best shooter in the entire world but i just hate everything about him. i also hate how people say jj is such a classy guy... because hes not its all a show he puts on a good show
And you know this how??

pfrg999

He is AWESOME.... I hate him... But the Dude has NO fear... and he is deadly..... and I hate him...But Damn would I love to have a shooter like that on the Hogs...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: The Coletrain on February 08, 2006, 08:12:37 am
This is exactly what I was talking about in the other Duke thread.  People hate Duke, hate Coach K, hate Redick, but can't even give you a legitimate reason why other than some stupid celebration one time when they won a game, or some nonsense they heard from someone else.  I think Duke is like the Yankees of the early 1900s, the Celtics of the '60s, and UCLA of the '70s.  People just grow tired of seeing them win and the media talking about them all the time.  They can't really put a finger on why they hate 'em or what started the hatred, but they love to hate 'em!!

You are 100% correct. I find it funny as hell when people do that. What fan of college basketball wouldn't want a team, program and players like that? Come on people be honest. They are the best program in college basketball and have been for 20 years.

The Coletrain

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2006, 08:31:49 am
THe question I ask about Reddick is would he ELEVATE a bad team?  I am sure he would still get his points, it is obvious he is a ball hog, but would he make a bad team better?  I don't think so.  I think he would simply be a guy who jacks up shots and scores a bunch of points.

Ad for Duke, i hate them simply because the sports guys cram them down our throats all the time, just like they do with ND in FB.

You obviously don't watch Duke much.  Redick is shooting over 50% from the field this year.  Over 50%!!  That's ridiculous for a shooting guard, but even more impressive considering he's the focus of the opposition's defense.  He's not a ball hog, but someone they gear their offense around.  That's doing your job. 

And as far as not elevating a poor team at the NBA level, you can put just about everyone in that category.  McGrady's team sucks, but he gets his.  Iverson's team blows, but he leads the league in shots.  Kobe shoots every time down the floor, but the Lakers don't make the playoffs.  LeBron's the next coming of Jesus, and they've watched the playoffs on TNT every year so far in his career.  And those are the best scorers in the league.  So why should Redick be held to a different standard than the best in the NBA??  I wouldn't put Redick in a box just yet.   

toshortrock

wy hate duke?because their winning?we;re getting our butts kicked
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

dukefan

Quote from: toshortrock on February 08, 2006, 08:50:20 am
wy hate duke?because their winning?we;re getting our butts kicked
Exactly I like BOTH!!

hogsNbeer

Everybody hates Duke because they JUST WIN...... Everybody hates Redick because they can put their best defender on him and 9 times outta 10 he gets 28 points with the Flu........... 

hogsanity

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 08, 2006, 09:07:36 am
Everybody hates Duke because they JUST WIN...... Everybody hates Redick because they can put their best defender on him and 9 times outta 10 he gets 28 points with the Flu........... 

Not true, at least for me.  UCONN wins and I dont hate them.  But then agian I dont have UCONN shoved down my throat every time i turn on any channelw ith the letters ESPN in it either.  I am enough of a bb fan to know Duke is good, I dont need to be told that a bazillion times a day.

As for JJ I ask again, would he ELEVATE a bad team or would he just be another guy shooting 30+ times per game scoring 30 and be on a team going no where.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Coletrain

As for JJ I ask again, would he ELEVATE a bad team or would he just be another guy shooting 30+ times per game scoring 30 and be on a team going no where.

Read my above post.  He hasn't shot 30 times all year. 

hogsanity

Quote from: The Coletrain on February 08, 2006, 09:12:19 am

I know what he is doing.......... AT DUKE.  Thats not my question.  Lets say JJ was put on the Missouri Tigers.  Would he still be all world?  Would the tigers be much better than they are now? 

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2006, 09:10:47 am

Not true, at least for me.  UCONN wins and I dont hate them.  But then agian I dont have UCONN shoved down my throat every time i turn on any channelw ith the letters ESPN in it either.  I am enough of a bb fan to know Duke is good, I dont need to be told that a bazillion times a day.

Well there's plenty in the NBA that score their points and their teams suckass, and I don't care fo the NBA, so to say can he elevate a bad team-- who cares- obviously the NBA doesn't care...so why should we speculate on that matter........  I watch my share of sports TV, college ball(period) and to me I don't think Duke is spoon fed to me as much as everyone thinks...but if you think they are then that is up to you to decide.......and if that pisses you off that the you think the Networks cram them down your throat, then I tell you what..... Get together with the other teams and beat them consistently, then you won't have to worry about them cramming them down your throat, if that's what you think..........   DUKE WINS ALOT, and we don't ...... Bottom line, and I hate to say it....I want the Hogs up there with Duke every year, but we're not........ Smite me if you will...

dukefan

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2006, 09:10:47 am

Every sports caster picks UCONN to win it!!  What are you talking about!!

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2006, 09:15:13 am

I know what he is doing.......... AT DUKE.  Thats not my question.  Lets say JJ was put on the Missouri Tigers.  Would he still be all world?  Would the tigers be much better than they are now? 

He sure has helped DUKE be a good team....  Might have been a different outcome last night had he not been the JJ Redick we know....

The Coletrain

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2006, 09:15:13 am

Is his shooting form going to change because he wears another jersey or lives in a different state?  He might not get the press of playing for one of the best teams in the country year-in and year-out, but then again, if he's not playing in the ACC he might average 38 points instead of 28.  Can you imagine what he would do to the WCC Adam Morrison is playing in right now??  It would be ridiculous. 

And as far as would he help another team,  I don't know too many National Players of the Year that wouldn't.   

HoopS

dukefan....

I truly believe a lot of the dislike for Duke is from the media's love for the program....over about a 15 year period.  Namely, Dickie V's mancrush on all things Duke.  It started with Bobby Hurley and Laettner and has continued right up to Reddick.

Just my honest opinion.

mossfan3

To me Duke basketball is on the same level as longhorn football.  I am also a UNC basketball fan so that doesn't help. JJ is one of the cockiest players I have ever seen.  When him and Williams leave next year and UNC brings in all of the 5 star recruits they have signed the Tarheels will be on top in the ACC again.

dukefan

Quote from: mossfan3 on February 08, 2006, 09:26:52 am
To me Duke basketball is on the same level as longhorn football.  I am also a UNC basketball fan so that doesn't help. JJ is one of the cockiest players I have ever seen.  When him and Williams leave next year and UNC brings in all of the 5 star recruits they have signed the Tarheels will be on top in the ACC again.
I guess Duke's class for next year sux!  That is why those teams are good they ALWAYS have great classes!  Duke played three freshmen last night, and had two more on the bench!!

nwarazfan

Duke fan here.  Only Duke player I disliked was Laettner.  Yes Vitale and some of the other talking heads just go on about them.  I understand those that get tired of hearing it.  But its a classy program ran by a classy coach that has done things the right way and has won.  And Reddick must be either a great person or shows a ton of restraint with the abuse he takes on and off the court.  He's a tough player to go for nearly 30 a game and be held and pushed and hit as much as he is.

Lets Go Devils!

Swino

I loathe Dickie V.  What a total waste of cow dung.

The Coletrain

It kills me to hear people talk about how "cocky" JJ Redick is.  And Kobe Bryant or Allan Iverson or Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul or Brandon Rush or all these other players aren't??  It's almost reverse discrimination to me.  And I'm usually the last guy to talk about this stuff.  But I played college basketball so I have some insight into this.  So is it okay to talk trash and throw your hands up in the air and wave at the fans if you're not white?  Redick will give the occasional glance to the stands or pump his fist and people hate him for it.  Just strikes me as odd. 

hogsNbeer

Quote from: dukefan on February 08, 2006, 09:30:28 am
I guess Duke's class for next year sux!  That is why those teams are good they ALWAYS have great classes!  Duke played three freshmen last night, and had two more on the bench!!

And I'm sure atleast one of them was a McDonald's All-American..

nwarazfan

Quote from: The Coletrain on February 08, 2006, 09:33:05 am

It kills me to hear people talk about how "cocky" JJ Redick is.  And Kobe Bryant or Allan Iverson or Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul or Brandon Rush or all these other players aren't??  It's almost reverse discrimination to me.  And I'm usually the last guy to talk about this stuff.  But I played college basketball so I have some insight into this.  So is it okay to talk trash and throw your hands up in the air and wave at the fans if you're not white?  Redick will give the occasional glance to the stands or pump his fist and people hate him for it.  Just strikes me as odd. 

I think you have touched on why some people think the way they do towards Duke. 

mossfan3

I'm just telling you that next years UNC class will be awesome.  Mix in Hansbrough (sp) and they should be in the final 4. 

hogsNbeer

Good Post.......  He just wins..... That's all there is to it... He also, doesn't flash gang signs after he makes a basket...... Just the occasional 3 sign.....PURE CLASS

mossfan3

Iverson is my favorite player in the league.  Don't act like he hasn't had way more than his share of critics

hogsNbeer

Quote from: mossfan3 on February 08, 2006, 09:35:23 am
I'm just telling you that next years UNC class will be awesome.  Mix in Hansbrough (sp) and they should be in the final 4. 

ACC will be very strong in the next few years....YES N Carolina will be tough, but so will Duke(their idea of a down year is the Sweet 16), and you have NC State, Maryland, and now Miami is getting stronger and stronger....and add Boston College to the mix.........

hogsanity

Iverson and by your name I assume you like Randy Moss.  THats great.  So what prison did you do time in? 

The Coletrain

Quote from: mossfan3 on February 08, 2006, 09:38:02 am
Iverson is my favorite player in the league.  Don't act like he hasn't had way more than his share of critics

He certainly has.  But it didn't happen at such an early age and to the degree Redick gets it wherever he goes.  This dude plays on the road with an entire gym ready to kill him if they could.  I don't know how he does it.  And he's been doing it for years. 

And don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Iverson.  But some of his was due to the practice thing and some comments he made in his early years in the league.  Redick's never been a guy to throw out bulletin board material, and we all know he busts it in practice.  The guy's in better shape than everyone in America outside of maybe Lance Armstrong. 

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: Swino on February 08, 2006, 09:32:07 am
I loathe Dickie V.  What a total waste of cow dung.

WOW Dickie V is one of the best things to ever happen to College basketball.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2006, 09:39:49 am
Iverson and by your name I assume you like Randy Moss.  THats great.  So what prison did you do time in? 

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! 

pfrg999

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 08, 2006, 09:49:46 am
Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2006, 09:39:49 am

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! 

THAT IS FUNNY...... LMAO.....  ;D
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: The Coletrain on February 08, 2006, 09:42:00 am
Quote from: mossfan3 on February 08, 2006, 09:38:02 am

He certainly has.  But it didn't happen at such an early age and to the degree Redick gets it wherever he goes.  This dude plays on the road with an entire gym ready to kill him if they could.  I don't know how he does it.  And he's been doing it for years. 

And don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Iverson.  But some of his was due to the practice thing and some comments he made in his early years in the league.  Redick's never been a guy to throw out bulletin board material, and we all know he busts it in practice.  The guy's in better shape than everyone in America outside of maybe Lance Armstrong. 

UHHHH When Iverson was at G-Town John Thompson threatened to take his team off the court becuase the opposing teams fans were chaniting "Convict COnvict" at Iverson.  Of course it was true, but hey lets not bring up a thugs past. 

JJ is "hated" because he plays for Duke and the sports nation is forced to hear about him every day. 

pfrg999

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 08, 2006, 09:35:40 am

Good Post.......  He just wins..... That's all there is to it... He also, doesn't flash gang signs after he makes a basket...... Just the occasional 3 sign.....PURE CLASS

He is having Fun... Pure and Simple... He is a winner.... and Is having a Great Time doing it....