Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camping Spots

Started by #69, December 30, 2008, 02:18:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey everyone im a student up at the u of a, and just got some camping and fishing stuff for christmas.  anyone know some spots around nwa that are good to go camping at and have a river or some place to fish around.  thanks for the help

DoggtownHog

Devil's Den is in your backyard up there. Also try the new Lake Ft Smith park. It is very nice and just recently reopened after a several year upgrade. Go to the Arkansas State Parks website. It is a great site with tons of info about every campground in the state.
My personal favorite is the area around Ponca on the Buffalo River. There are tons of trails. Just go hike for a while and find a nice spot and pitch your tent. No noise, no people, just nature. Good times.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: DoggtownHog on December 30, 2008, 02:53:12 pm
Devil's Den is in your backyard up there. Also try the new Lake Ft Smith park. It is very nice and just recently reopened after a several year upgrade. Go to the Arkansas State Parks website. It is a great site with tons of info about every campground in the state.
My personal favorite is the area around Ponca on the Buffalo River. There are tons of trails. Just go hike for a while and find a nice spot and pitch your tent. No noise, no people, just nature. Good times.

All those are great.  We also like Gracie's on the Elk in Jane, MO.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Buff

December 30, 2008, 03:41:19 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:52:18 am by Buffinator
Ditto on Devils Den (that has a catchy sound to it).  Most people I know like to go car camping  :puke: but if you prefer to hike in and camp, then the Butterfield loop trail is probably one worth checking out up there.  You might also find some places around the King's river up at the Madison WMA.

pioneerhog

December 31, 2008, 09:04:06 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 09:05:48 am by pioneerhog
http://campingarkansas.net/

This is a site that NaturalStateReb, who is a mod on here, operates. It has some good info on many of the campsites in Arkansas.

flynhog

Petit Jean State Park. Hike the trails and you'll be impressed.
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.