Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody Know?

Started by 1highhog, February 21, 2008, 07:42:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

February 21, 2008, 07:42:09 pm Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:20:13 pm by pioneerhog
Does anyone know how much a Remington 700 .458 Win. Mag. would be worth?  It has a blued finish that's looks like new with a wood stock that is in pristine shape.  I know nothing about this gun except that it's usually used on big game and will knock the ---- out of a man. 

pioneerhog

pioneerhog

Also what version of the 700 is it?

pioneerhog

Also just a reminder, getting a ball park value on a gun is one thing but you can NOT advertise this gun for sale on here.

1highhog

pioneerhog-Yeah, I don't have it and he's thinking of putting it in the Arkansas Demozette, I know not to try and sell guns on here, and it's a good rule.  I think it's an older gun, but looks in great shape.  If there is a way I can tell the age by looking at it, someone please tell me.

pioneerhog

February 21, 2008, 08:42:50 pm #5 Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:44:49 pm by pioneerhog
Well something of importance is which 700 it is. The Safari, ABG, CDL, BDL, SPS, or what. I don't know if the CDL, BDL, or SPS was ever made in the 458, their website is not showing them in those 700 models. Most of the 700 458's are only one of their Custom Shop gun, so therefore they are expensive.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/custom_shop/

SpareRib

Quote from: 1highhog on February 21, 2008, 07:42:09 pm
Does anyone know how much a Remington 700 .458 Win. Mag. would be worth?  It has a blued finish that's looks like new with a wood stock that is in pristine shape.  I know nothing about this gun except that it's usually used on big game and will knock the ---- out of a man. 

New, they are upwards of $2000. Resale, I just don't know.  What you have is probably a rifle bought to hunt thick skinned African game.  I can't imagine that it would be needed in the Americas. 
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Skillethead

Quote from: SpareRib on February 21, 2008, 08:46:12 pm
I can't imagine that it would be needed in the Americas. 

Imagine harder...
That's what she said...

Mitch C

Quote from: 1highhog on February 21, 2008, 07:42:09 pm
How are they on Fouke Monsters?

SpareRib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

covert

Remington 700 is a great gun but if they made it chambered in .22 short it would kick the fire out of you!