Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many will be really surprised?

Started by lakecityhog, January 05, 2017, 09:09:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

How many here will be really surprised if we see 2 coaches leave and neither one of them is RS?

I think that it is more than possible that we may only see 1 and maybe 2 guys leave this off-season.
My bets are Hargreaves and Segrest with the dark horse being Rhodes.

Rhodes may get a DC offer somewhere and take it, but he would be my last pick.
Segrest my try for the Pros and we may look for a guy with a 3-4 Linebacker background.

I just have a feeling that Smith isn't leaving. I'm not reading anything into that, like BB doesn't care or knows he is nearly done.

Hogs958

CBB and Smith seem to have a bromance.

Southpointhog

if that happens, it may seal cbb doom!

LRRandy

I don't possibly see how Smith keeps his job. Someone needs to be accountable for the collapses in the last two games and the scheme issues throughout the season.
This is fun, isn't it.

nwahogfan1

We need to hire a knock it out of the park recruiter on defense with hopefully Texas high school ties.

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but looking at just quality of the talent on defense and it getting worse even with 9 returners were back I just can not see how Smith can keep his job.

Unless he has Mob ties?   LOL

Tejano Jawg

Throughout this year (or just about any year) you'll see coaches get fired for less than what we were forced to endure. Think about where LSU was when they fired Lester...and one of their losses was a screw job.

I don't understand how we can field the worst defense in program history...and everyone keeps their job. Now, who should stay and who should go, I don't know. We'll see. But if nothing happens, that's a problem.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

NuttinItUp

Better get on it quick if they are leaving. It is getting to the end of coaching change season.

depressed_fan

If someone was going to leave or be fired wouldn't that have already taken place? There's only one more game to go in the college season and most head coach jobs have been filled except Minnesota. Are we hoping an NFL team hires Rob Smith? Are we hoping the new Minnesota coach hires him?  Are hoping Kiffin hires some of our people? There's not that many spots for these guys unless someone is taking a lower level NFL position

Hawg Life

Quote from: depressed_fan on January 05, 2017, 11:46:01 pm
If someone was going to leave or be fired wouldn't that have already taken place? There's only one more game to go in the college season and most head coach jobs have been filled except Minnesota. Are we hoping an NFL team hires Rob Smith? Are we hoping the new Minnesota coach hires him?  Are hoping Kiffin hires some of our people? There's not that many spots for these guys unless someone is taking a lower level NFL position

Most moves are made after the coaches conference which is over next Wednesday.

The Kig

Quote from: LRRandy on January 05, 2017, 10:55:02 pm
I don't possibly see how Smith keeps his job. Someone needs to be accountable for the collapses in the last two games and the scheme issues throughout the season.

Logic... so probably means it's not gonna happen.  Bromance or not... CBB would have a hard time explaining any departure that didn't include Smith. 
Poker Porker

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: depressed_fan on January 05, 2017, 11:46:01 pm

PJ Fleck is in at Minnesota.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Pork Twain

As long as one of them is Segrest, I will be a little hopeful still
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

JackJohnson

I just want at minimum Segrest and Hargreaves gone and no matter what don't want to lose Enos, Michael Smith or Lunney.  All the others of this "greatest coaching staff in Arkansas history" is just meh

Bert is going to have to grow a pair and fire people Bc if he is waiting for someone to hire them away it isn't going to happen.  No one is going to hire those crapoy coaches Bc no one wanted them to begin with (Robb smith, Segrest, Hargreaves, Anderson) and they had zero business getting the job here in the first place

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 06, 2017, 12:07:01 am

This. The majority of all asst. coaching moves happen at the AFCA conference.

This is where Ash left for Ohio State and Chaney for Pitt. This is also were CBB started his initial conversations with Smith and Enos.

It you think because there hasn't been any moves at this time that there won't be.... You are just plan wrong

farmhawg

Unless the scheme is bb's. Then what?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HogShat

If scheme issues are your thorn, which they are mine, he needs to take a long hard look at Enos. The only caveat is how much input BB has on the play calling. In other words, how many of those "line up and run it into a wall of defenders" did he call brother?

LRRandy

Quote from: farmhawg on January 06, 2017, 06:51:34 am
Unless the scheme is bb's. Then what?
he, of course is ultimately responsible for it all. In light of the buyout and the thought that Bert isn't going anywhere for 2 years someone's head should have to roll for the debacle of a defense that was put on the field. I feel players skill level is as much to blame. While Arkansas has never recruited at the highest of levels, they have had coaches that have put together good to great defenses. That falls to coaching. Take the middling recruiting class, coach them up, maybe a diamond in the rough player grows into an elite player, field a good defense. Robb Smith has only been effective when he had the three NFL prospects playing. Find more of those guys or coach up the players you have to be more effective, or lose your job. Recruiting and player development are as much a part of the job as game planning and game day coaching.
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: HogShat on January 06, 2017, 07:03:35 am

If scheme issues are your thorn, which they are mine, he needs to take a long hard look at Enos. The only caveat is how much input BB has on the play calling. In other words, how many of those "line up and run it into a wall of defenders" did he call brother?
true. The offense seems to be effective enough to win games if it could get some help from the defense. I would be surprised if Bert  called many of the plays. I think he gives direction to Enos as to what he wants to see in the gameplan or in game time situations.
This is fun, isn't it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 06, 2017, 12:07:01 am

Wouldn't going to the conference with a known opening be better?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

nwahogfan1

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 06, 2017, 06:18:10 am
I just want at minimum Segrest and Hargreaves gone and no matter what don't want to lose Enos, Michael Smith or Lunney.  All the others of this "greatest coaching staff in Arkansas history" is just meh

Bret is going to have to grow a pair and fire people Bc if he is waiting for someone to hire them away it isn't going to happen.  No one is going to hire those crapoy coaches Bc no one wanted them to begin with (Robb smith, Segrest, Hargreaves, Anderson) and they had zero business getting the job here in the first place

Just curious why you want Hargreaves out. I heard he was an excellent recruiter so talent should now start to go up.  I am hoping for more speed and athleticism there.

Snouty

If RS is Robert Shields, I would not be surprised.

Biggus Piggus

I hope that when Arkansas's staff changes happen, somebody sweeps through and deletes all the threads that were built on aimless speculation.
[CENSORED]!