Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ridiculously Early 2017 Hog Predictions!

Started by redleg, January 04, 2017, 12:07:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

January 04, 2017, 12:07:25 pm Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:16:22 pm by redleg
2017 will be the make-or-break season for Bret Bielema. In my estimation, he must win at least 9 games in the regular season to placate the nay-sayers. With that in mind, here are my Ridiculously Early 2017 Hog Predictions!
Florida A&M - Hogs win easily, 49-07.
TCU - Frogs look for revenge, don't get it, 42-28 Arkansas.
Texas A&M - Hogs finally break losing streak to Aggies, 38-27.
New Mexico St - Another easy non-conference win, 56-10.
at South Carolina - Hogs new 3-4 D stands tall, beat Cocks, 35-20.
at Alabama - make it 11 losses in a row to Bama, 23-35.
Auburn - Vengeance is mine! Hogs O-Line plows the field, keeps AU offense on sidelines, Hogs win 31-24.
at Ole Miss - Rebs new QB Patterson torches Hogs secondary, Pigs lose 27-31.
Coastal Carolina - Easy homecoming victory, 52-03.
at LSU - hard fought game, Tigers win on last second FG, 31-33.
Miss St - Hogs pound the rock, beat Bulldogs handily, 44-23.
Missouri - "From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hates sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" Hogs - 45 Tigers - 17.
That's 9-3, good enough for a New Year's Day bowl game...I'll predict the Citrus Bowl.
:razorback:
Austin Allen will finish with 3,300+ yards passing, at least 25 TD passes, less than 10 int, and will complete at least 63% of his passes.
Rawleigh Williams and Devwah Whaley will share carries more equally in 2017, and both will finish with 1,000 yards+ and at least 10 rushing TD.
Brandon Martin will lead the team in receiving yards and receiving TD.
Jeremy Patton will lead the team in receptions.
Frank Ragnow will win the Jacobs Trophy as the best blocker in the SEC, and the Rimington Trophy as the best center in the nation.
Randy Ramsey will lead the team in sacks (9.5) from his OLB spot in the 3-4 D.
Dre Greenlaw will lead the team in tackles, 100+.
McTelvin Agim will become a true force on the D-Line, earning All-SEC honors.
Ryan Pulley will lead the team in PBU (16) and Int (4).
TJ Hammonds will be the new kickoff returner, and will have at least 2 KO for TD.

Whatcha think? Let's see your ridiculously early predictions. WPS!
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Southpointhog

HAve you been to Colorado to get some of that legal weed!  Hope your right, but have high doubts! 

Auburn has a Gus QB coming in.

TAM...just dont see it.

Dont see us beating S Carolina!

island hog

davehog

I agree with the optimism. The offense is going to be spectacular next season - possibly the best in the SEC. 

Austin Allen 5th year Sr with experience
4.5 returning starters on the OLine
RWIII, Devwah and 2 really good FBs
Patton and Martin stepping in as 2 difference makers.
WR - in addition to the Jucos Jordan Jones should be good also

Defense will be better as it can't get any worse.  If CBB and whoever his DC is can field an avg / middle of the pack defense 2017 could be a great season. 

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bacon_Bitz

Bare minimum 7 wins.  Maximum would be 11.  Most likely 9-3 like the OP says, with definite losses to Bama and LSU but I could see the Hogs getting to 10 wins as well if some receivers step up and the D improves at all.

Sed76

I figure we win in week 1 but then TCU comes to town and pulls a Texas Tech on us. The seat gets hotter early, grumbling starts and it tanks from there.

razorbackfaninar

I was as negative as everybody after the last two losses (if not more).  I can't tell you why and I don't have anything to back this up, but I am getting a feeling that next year is going to be a good year. 

navyhog24

6-6 at best if he makes no changes to the defensive staff

Calling All Hogs

Undefeated going into the Bama game. GameDay is there as the Hogs finally beat the Tide. Hogville's finest predict this every year so why ever stop?

BR

Early 2017 Predictions...

At least 20 more threads on Firing Beilema & Long

We will have at least 2 new coaches on staff next year...

Jen has a girl and Bret is pissed

FogHorns still best place to party for Hogs Baseball

Hogs Baseball finishes in Top 25, Hogs BBall makes Tournament loses in 1st round

The Tavern dies a slow death, RIP....

Jeff Long will take a new job in 2017

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Andrew Hogfan

[/quote]

I've never said that,  nor do I see why anyone else would.
WPS!!!

ricepig

Quote from: BR on January 04, 2017, 12:40:40 pm
Early 2017 Predictions...

At least 20 more threads on Firing Beilema & Long

We will have at least 2 new coaches on staff next year...

Jen has a girl and Bret is pissed

FogHorns still best place to party for Hogs Baseball

Hogs Baseball finishes in Top 25, Hogs BBall makes Tournament loses in 1st round

The Tavern dies a slow death, RIP....

Jeff Long will take a new job in 2017

1) Over
2) Nah, just means he gets to try again real soon
3) True
4) True
5) True
6) Very doubtful

widespreadsooie

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

code red

If we change D coordinators then yeah I'll go with 9 wins but without...no way.  I think South Carolina will be tough next year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pork Twain

With a new DL coach and DC
Florida A&M - W
TCU - W
Texas A&M - W
New Mexico St - W
at South Carolina -  W
at Alabama - L
Auburn - W
at Ole Miss - W
Coastal Carolina - W
at LSU - L
Miss St - W
Missouri - W

With the same staff
Florida A&M - W
TCU - L
Texas A&M - L
New Mexico St - W
at South Carolina -  W
at Alabama - L
Auburn - W
at Ole Miss - L
Coastal Carolina - W
at LSU - L
Miss St - W
Missouri - W
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Al Boarland

The Kig

Florida A&M - W
TCU -  W
Texas A&M - L (until we prove otherwise, this is an auto-L)
New Mexico St - W
at South Carolina- W (glad USC is back in rotation)
at Alabama - L
Auburn - L
at Ole Miss - L
Coastal Carolina - W
at LSU - L
Miss St - L
Missouri -W

6-6, could be +/-1   Maybe we beat one of the Mississippi schools, but haven't fared well against Missouri.  With no change in staff, several losses get UGLY and injuries mount quickly.

Change in Defensive staff could be +2.  8-9 wins cap.
Poker Porker

Gonzo

Quote from: redleg on January 04, 2017, 12:07:25 pm
2017 will be the make-or-break season for Bret Bielema. In my estimation, he must win at least 9 games in the regular season to placate the nay-sayers. With that in mind, here are my Ridiculously Early 2017 Hog Predictions!
Auburn - Vengeance is mine! Hogs O-Line plows the field, keeps AU offense on sidelines, Hogs win 31-24.
Missouri - "From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hates sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" Hogs - 45 Tigers - 17.
That's 9-3, good enough for a New Year's Day bowl game...I'l predict the Citrus Bowl.
Austin Allen will finish with 3,300+ yards passing, at least 25 TD passes, less than 10 int, and will complete at least 63% of his passes.
Rawleigh Williams and Devwah Whaley will share carries more equally in 2017, and both will finish with 1,000 yards+ and at least 10 rushing TD.
Frank Ragnow will win the Jacobs Trophy as the best blocker in the SEC, and the Rimington Trophy as the best center in the nation.
TJ Hammonds will be the new kickoff returner, and will have at least 2 KO for TD.

Optimism is good, hope you're on the conservative side, if anything.

Go Hogs!

TrueBlue

Very real possibility if things stay the same we start the season 2-6 or 3-5.

Looks like a 5-7 year on paper, but we will have "integrity", we will be "uncommon", and we will compete with Tennessee for the "Champions of Life" trophy.

LAHOG1962

That's 9-3, good enough for a New Year's Day bowl game...I'l predict the Citrus Bowl.

LAHOG1962

Good post Redleg. I think you are very accurate . 2017 is the make or break year for coach Bielema .I think we win 10 with the bowl game.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Razorbackers

Quote from: TrueBlue on January 04, 2017, 01:45:03 pm
Very real possibility if things stay the same we start the season 2-6 or 3-5.

Looks like a 5-7 year on paper, but we will have "integrity", we will be "uncommon", and we will compete with Tennessee for the "Champions of Life" trophy.

I'm sorry, how do you only see 5 wins on here?

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Southpointhog on January 04, 2017, 12:10:39 pm
HAve you been to Colorado to get some of that legal weed!  Hope your right, but have high doubts! 

Auburn has a Gus QB coming in.

TAM...just dont see it.

Why not?  Since 98, the hogs have faced SC with an eventual bowl eligible team 11 times and the hogs are 10-1 in those matchups (only loss was in 2000).  In years that we didn't finish bowl eligible, the hogs are 0-5 against SC.  History is on our side.

bosshog84

10 wins with this coaching staff? I want whatever y'all have been smoking! What have we done that leads y'all to believe we win 10 games next year?

Razorbackers

January 04, 2017, 02:33:44 pm #29 Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:21:58 pm by Razorbackers
Florida A&M - Should win
TCU - Can definitely win
Texas A&M - Can definitely win
New Mexico St - Should win
at South Carolina - Can definitely win
at Alabama - lol
Auburn - Probably not
at Ole Miss - Should be close but I bet we lose this one.
Coastal Carolina - Should win
at LSU - Loss on the road
Miss St - Can definitely win
Missouri - Vengeance game, can definitely win. 

I mean, for me, there are 8 games on here that should be winnable. LSU, Ole Miss and Auburn, for now, I'm chalking up as losses. And Bama gonna bama.

Anything less than 8 wins next year and I'll be pretty disappointed. 9 wins, whether it's with a bowl win or not, would be pretty good.

lstewart

I can see 8-4 as a possibility with a few breaks. If I had to bet $100 on my pick today, I would say 7-5. Interestingly, this is exactly what I said before this past season, and I nailed it at 7-5. I think we could generally say 7-5 for any future year with things as they now stand, and you would usually be within one game either way from being correct. Most years we have about 6 or 7 games that the teams are as good as, or more talented than us. Figure we will find a way to win a couple of those each year.

Hoggish1

I like it all but see us beating LSWho by a reverse of the score you put up.  WPS!  10-2 and dare I say it...?

playoffs

KennyForAD

Quote from: code red on January 04, 2017, 01:04:28 pm
If we change D coordinators then yeah I'll go with 9 wins but without...no way.  I think South Carolina will be tough next year.

He's gonna make changes to D.  He has to.  Its gonna work and the Hogs are gonna roll.  10-2

EulessHog

January 04, 2017, 06:19:35 pm #33 Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:13:44 pm by EulessHog
The Hogs are way too inconsistent and that is not gonna go away next season.

The coaching staff is not the sharpest, there is not enough team speed and the replacement(?) assistant(s) have not been identified. 

Regardless, Bielema will find a way to tick someone off and lose a game or three that he shouldn't by a combination of bad luck and poor preparation.
Go Hogs Go!

RazorChuck

Florida A&M - W
TCU -  L
New Mexico St - W
at South Carolina- L
at Alabama - L
Auburn - L
at Ole Miss - L
Coastal Carolina - W
at LSU - L
Miss St - L
Missouri -L
Looks like a 3-9 year

RollHogTide

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: RollHogTide on January 04, 2017, 06:54:13 pm
Best case 7-5
Worst case 6-6

BEst case is 5-7 I think.  NExt year is gonna be a LONG year under Bert,

HamSammich

Six wins... we are better than miss state in the west.... it is what it is. Sorry

LZH

I don't have a clue how we will do. Maybe after spring I might have an opinion. But I can say that I am not as interested about next season as I should be.

10thPlanet

7 wins, but I hope you're right. 9 wins, bowl victory would be a sensational season.

HamSammich

Quote from: LZH on January 04, 2017, 09:10:57 pm
I don't have a clue how we will do. Maybe after spring I might have an opinion. But I can say that I am not as interested about next season as I should be.

Nooooo. After spring we will hear how "This is the best defensive line we've had in the sec" and "the secondary is the most improved unit" talk from media and coaches.... and we will be sucked in like we have every year for the last 10 years. I'm no longer a sucker.

ceegar

8-4  Bret rides off to Iowa after Ferentz retires.  Realizes that SEC w is too tough and 8-4 is about as good as it gets at Arkansas.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

depressed_fan

Quote from: The Kig on January 04, 2017, 01:27:24 pm
Florida A&M - W
TCU -  W
New Mexico St - W
at South Carolina- W (glad USC is back in rotation)
at Alabama - L
Auburn - L
at Ole Miss - L
Coastal Carolina - W
at LSU - L
Miss St - L
Missouri -W

6-6, could be +/-1   Maybe we beat one of the Mississippi schools, but haven't fared well against Missouri.  With no change in staff, several losses get UGLY and injuries mount quickly.

Change in Defensive staff could be +2.  8-9 wins cap.

HA! I can promise you change in staff isn't going to make the difference in 2 games between wins and losses. It might, MIGHT be the difference in a few yards here and there per game. If that adds up to account for one win we wouldn't of had I would be shocked.

I think 7 and 5 is a logical number and like someone said, +1/-1.

We lose a lot more starters than TCU so that could be a loss. 

I don't imagine being favored in any road games but if we win one, we most assuredly will make up for it losing one we are favored in at home. Auburn, Texas AM, and Mississippi state will all be tough at home. I would expect to win at least one maybe two but not sweep it. Missouri we'll probably beat. 

It's not out of the realm of possibility at all to go 5-7 next year either. 

hawganatic

We'll win 9+ games next season, and then follow it up with a 6-7 win seasons in 2018 and 2019.  Do enough to calm the masses, just to get them riled up again....

Just how we roll...

East Clintwood

7 - 5, the same as I predicted for this year.  But if I had to put money on it, 6 - 6 is as far as I'd go. 
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

redleg

I don't understand you people predicting losses to Miss St and Mizzou. The collapse in Columbia won't happen next year in Fayetteville, and although Miss St might be slightly better, it won't matter.
Also, I get the whole Texas A&M is a loss until otherwise proven, but the Hogs can't and won't keep losing to them every year. They are NOT Alabama.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Quickdraw

I see a repeat of 2016 except change some teams names in win / loss section. I hope he proves me wrong.

arslp

12-0. Average margin of victory 23.5 points
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".