Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One bothersome thing about Bielema

Started by JIHawg, January 04, 2017, 12:18:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

He takes on the point of view of the spectator in these losses.  For example:

"Never seen anything turn so quickly in all three phases."

Hey coach, we are the spectators.  We got that part covered.   You get the four million to be an active participant. 

LSUFan

Boiled down and simple, the reason why.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Sooie71923

I guess all coaches are spectators according to your logic. Because they all say similar things.

rlamb

He does look like a dumb spectator. Lost in the headlights.

CrookedSquealliry

One thing that bothers me is blowing leads on winnable games on national television. 
Another thing that bothers me is a player allegedly shoplifting from the company that sponsored the bowl. I know CBB can't control that, but it's still embarrassing.  Allegedly embarrassing. 
Another thing that bothers me is choosing to nix 2 a day practices at one point.
Great guy.  Love him.  I'm not sure he can produce a Stanford style team in Arkansas.  We need horses.  Arabian horses. 
It also bothers me to not be excited about the football program.  That really bothers me.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Sooie71923 on January 04, 2017, 02:17:22 am
I guess all coaches are spectators according to your logic. Because they all say similar things.
Nope it only happens at Arkansas and only after a loss.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

BorderPatrol

PonderinHog

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Hawghiggs

One? How about it's been a almost a week after the bowl game and he hasn't started to make changes.  Ohio state has made changes. Hell, Bama already swap out OC's and the their season ain't over. He should have at least let someone go by now.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 04, 2017, 08:11:44 am
One? How about it's been a almost a week after the bowl game and he hasn't started to make changes.  Ohio state has made changes. Hell, Bama already swap out OC's and the their season ain't over. He should have at least let someone go by now.

Bro, 75%  of all Asst coaching moves happen at the ACFA Conference.

That's where Ash left for OSU, where Robb Smith first talked to CBB about our DC job and when CBB first talked to Enos.

If no moves have been made by then, your post will become relevant

Razorbackers

Quote from: JIHawg on January 04, 2017, 12:18:40 am

Hey coach, we are the spectators.  We got that part covered.   You get the four million to be an active participant.

But....like...he's watching it happen? So he has the point of view of a spectator?

hog of steele

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 04, 2017, 08:24:51 am
But....like...he's watching it happen? So he has the point of view of a spectator?

He gets to spectate from the field too. And when he yells at the refs, sometimes they give us the ball for no good reason. I wish my ref yelling was that effective. Its almost like he is a super-spectator.

BB's aloof demeanor is damaging at best and hes always been that way for the time he has been here.  It is almost like he got a fan pass to be on the sideline and he aligned with neither team, just watching the game.  You might even say he is judging the refs and making necessary comments about them for them with nothing to do with the team.

Razorbackers

Quote from: hog of steele on January 04, 2017, 08:32:16 am
He gets to spectate from the field too. And when he yells at the refs, sometimes they give us the ball for no good reason. I wish my ref yelling was that effective. Its almost like he is a super-spectator.

I think there's a technical term for a super spectator who is there and can interact with the players and officials.

Razorbackers

Quote from: 12247 on January 04, 2017, 08:39:25 am
BB's aloof demeanor is damaging at best and hes always been that way for the time he has been here.  It is almost like he got a fan pass to be on the sideline and he aligned with neither team, just watching the game.  You might even say he is judging the refs and making necessary comments about them for them with nothing to do with the team.

W A T
A
T

Youngsta71701

I agree. He does need to get more engaged on the sidelines during the game. Seems like he's always to himself never talking to the OC, DC, assistants, or the players. He is supposed to be able to manage the whole team in order for him to be the best coach he can be and for us to be the best team we can be.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: CrookedSquealliry on January 04, 2017, 06:52:34 am
One thing that bothers me is blowing leads on winnable games on national television. 
This is what bothers me the most. 9-4 is much better looking to recruits than 7-6. Those last two losses are black eyes for the program right now. It isn't the fact that we loss but the way that we loss. As well as the Auburn and LSU games.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 04, 2017, 08:45:12 am
I agree. He does need to get more engaged on the sidelines during the game. Seems like he's always to himself never talking to the OC, DC, assistants, or the players. He is supposed to be able to manage the whole team in order for him to be the best coach he can be and for us to be the best team we can be.

well, he could have heart problems and be on meds that make one calmer than they should be......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Athog

Honest reaction until you have studied film. Unlike most on Hogville who talk first.

hog of steele

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 04, 2017, 08:42:33 am
I think there's a technical term for a super spectator who is there and can interact with the players and officials.

He also gets the headphones and handy play chart thing. I wonder how much he has to pay for that. Also, the players seem to ask him what plays they should be running in big situations. He must be the best fan ever.

dowils

he doesn't seem to be able to manage game situations.  To blow the leads he's blown and manage the record he's gotten to over 4 years is average at best.  We can find average anywhere, lets move on from BB.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: dowils on January 04, 2017, 09:35:34 am
he doesn't seem to be able to manage game situations.  To blow the leads he's blown and manage the record he's gotten to over 4 years is average at best.  We can find average anywhere, lets move on from BB.
First, BB has the chance to move on from his Coordinators and Assistants.  If he doesn't to that, then it will be on him.  No way do we "move on" from BB this year.  That just isn't going to happen.  BB lets his coordinators do the coaching on game day.  They obviously aren't getting it done, so let's try someone else.  I realize it all falls back on the head coach simply because he hired those other coaches.  He has to have a chance to change the staff before he gets the boot.

I'm just as frustrated with the program as anyone else, but right now BB is in a critical time where he has to make changes or the whole thing will crumble on him.  If staff changes are made and the crumble continues, then we can move on to a new HC.  Just my thoughts.

hawgon

Quote from: Athog on January 04, 2017, 09:05:28 am
Honest reaction until you have studied film. Unlike most on Hogville who talk first.

Not really.  I had seen game turn that fast just a few weeks before.

ricepig

Razorbackers

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 09:55:13 am
Just ignore the one trick pony, it's all he's got.

me or him? hahaha

Cause I have like, 3 tricks.

hawgon

I've heard it said on here and elsewhere that he wants his guys to find other jobs and move on gracefully.  Huh?  Where is Rob Smith going to move to, Tyson?  He just fielded the worst run defense in modern history.  You think anyone anywhere is going to hire him as a DC much less pay him $750k a year?  If he is to go, he'll have to be fired and his buyout paid.  Probably the same with the other guys too. 

Hawghiggs

Quote from: King Kong on January 04, 2017, 08:20:01 am
Bro, 75%  of all Asst coaching moves happen at the ACFA Conference.

That's where Ash left for OSU, where Robb Smith first talked to CBB about our DC job and when CBB first talked to Enos.

If no moves have been made by then, your post will become relevant

I don't care where they happen. If he doesn't create an opening. Then their isn't a reason to talk.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 12247 on January 04, 2017, 08:39:25 am

Got tow mighty. Dumb just got lapped by this tripe.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

PonderinHog

ricepig

Razorbackers

hog of steele

Quote from: dowils on January 04, 2017, 09:35:34 am

This is false. We cannot find average in the SEC anywhere. Average in the SEC is really good in a lot of other places. There are HS coaches all over the country that haven't lost 5 games in 10 years. Most of them wouldn't get you 4 wins in the SEC. There are coaches with multiple division wins in lower conferences that wouldn't go 50/50 in the SEC.

Winning 7 games every year (avg sec coach) is a pretty high mark. So we cannot find average anywhere. Lets not move on until we are sure that CBB can't grow on this mark. The good news is that the guy who is responsible for managing CBB is tied to him. So he has a vested interest in our program's success.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 04, 2017, 08:49:47 am
This is what bothers me the most. 9-4 is much better looking to recruits than 7-6. Those last two losses are black eyes for the program right now. It isn't the fact that we loss but the way that we loss. As well as the Auburn and LSU games.

At the end of the day, a lost is a lost.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

ricepig

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 04, 2017, 11:38:01 am

I believe you're lost, get back to the basement.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Razorbackers

bphi11ips

CBB is good except from the time a game starts until it ends.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Youngsta71701

January 04, 2017, 04:06:30 pm #40 Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:26:39 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 04, 2017, 11:38:01 am
Yes of course. But can you honestly sit here and say the some losses don't look worse than others? If can your not being honest with yourself.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: BorderPatrol on January 04, 2017, 07:00:15 am
This place has gone bat darn crazy.

bp

Did you miss the last two games of the season?
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

oldfart

I can understand losing with inferior personnel but even then your team should be playing their hearts out to the end.  what is so  frustrating is we seem to play lights out in the first half of the game (for most of the games anyway) and then totally blow it in the second half.  is it conditioning? is it poor (if any) coaching adjustments?  what about the rumor that our snap  counts were being picked up? even in high school you learn how to avoid that..  I admit we dont get the cream of the crop in recruits but most of them seem to have good offer lists (at least in recent years, unlike when we beat out directional schools) but we should not be such a jekyll-hyde team

depressed_fan

Yea, I did notice that quote was a little odd. That's sort of an exclamation in my mind that he's not real interested.

PorkSoda

Quote from: oldfart on January 04, 2017, 05:33:07 pm
I can understand losing with inferior personnel but even then your team should be playing their hearts out to the end.  what is so  frustrating is we seem to play lights out in the first half of the game (for most of the games anyway) and then totally blow it in the second half.  is it conditioning? is it poor (if any) coaching adjustments?  what about the rumor that our snap  counts were being picked up? even in high school you learn how to avoid that..  I admit we dont get the cream of the crop in recruits but most of them seem to have good offer lists (at least in recent years, unlike when we beat out directional schools) but we should not be such a jekyll-hyde team

I chalk it up to the team being relatively young.  when you are breaking in a new QB and a mostly new Oline, there tends to be some big ups and downs.  you can have all the talent in the world, but if they don't play as a unit, with all 11 doing thier job, then the play will break down.  there were a lot of mental mistakes this year.  many that killed what little momentum we were able to generate.  if the team isn't on the same page one has to wonder if the coaches aren't on the same page.  CBB needs to clean out anyone that is not 100% on board (coaches and players), and really focus this off season on generating some cohesiveness within the team.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: depressed_fan on January 04, 2017, 05:47:43 pm
Yea, I did notice that quote was a little odd. That's sort of an exclamation in my mind that he's not real interested.
I think he is more of a CEO type coach rather than a micro manager.  he lets his coordinators run the game and practices while he focuses more on overall philosophy and public/booster relations etc.  Saban/Petrino are both micro managers and perfectionists.  I don't think you can really compare those types of personalities.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LSUFan

Arkansas Fans have the right to be pissed.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 04, 2017, 08:45:12 am

I see it's been a while since you've actually been to a game. If you had you'd know better.

Porkette

Has anyone else noticed that this stuff always starts, in any sport, whenever the Hogs have a bad loss or a string of losses? People always begin this overanalyzing and picking apart the coach's demeanor during games. He's either too enotional or not emotional enough, too angry or too rah-rah or too nervous or too cool and standoffish. I remember hearing it so many times in both football and basketball during bad stretches, and these are complaints that are never brought up when we're winning. Not saying this to defend Bielema necessarily; I just think fans are completely guessing most of the time when they think they've spotted a problem. Lots of different personalities have been successful coaches.
GO HOGS GO!

PorkSoda

lol, no doubt.  at least he isnt up directing the band after beating vandy