Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My return to hogville in 2017. I am pissed!

Started by forrest city joe, January 03, 2017, 01:19:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 03:01:00 pm
Dr.Hill has made it clear. his son is coming to Arkansas because of Mike Anderson. i wish some of these reporters would ask all the recruits if Mike is fired,would they all still come here. i don't think they would. but just a feeling i have.and hearing them on interviews. most all say they are coming because of Mike.
Will they be coaching themselves?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 01:19:09 pm
The fact that know one has been fired after this is just pitiful.
Teas A&N 45 Arkansas 24
Alabama 49 Arkansas 30
Auburn 56 Arkansas 3
Lsu 38 Arkansas 10
Also even in wins. gave up 31 points to Ole Miss. and 42 points to Miss.State. every coach on this defense should have already been fired. and the fact they still have jobs speaks volumes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Led a 3 and 8 Mizzo team by 17 at the half and never scored another point and lost.

Led VA.tech by 24 points at the half and lost yet again.did not score a point in the 2nd half yet again.
And these kind of losses are nothing new. it started at Wisconsin losing games like this. then the first year here losing to a bad Rutgers team after leading 24 to 7.
Bottom Line. the head coach is not getting fired.but it's all most a week since the season ended. and the coaches who were part of the worst defense in the history of Arkansas football have not been fired. tells me all i need to know about what the people in charge of the program think about having a winning program. i am pissed that we are now Rice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gosh, you start your return by posting something that at least half a million have already commented on to one degree or another ??? No wonder we didn't notice of miss your absence.

forrest city joe

Quote from: mizzouman on January 03, 2017, 03:04:52 pm
It's the 'Romar' affect.  Dude at Washington keeps his job because he brings in NBA talent but can't make it to the NCAAT.
This game is about players. the better players you get. the more you will win. bring in top recruiting classes, and you are going to win in the long run. we are now doing this in basketball. but we are not doing it in football. Mizzo is sorry in basketball,because they don't have enough good players.

farmhawg

Quote from: Seebs on January 03, 2017, 02:53:53 pm
Many of his assistants left for NFL jobs, Head coaching jobs or promotions. Some crapped the bed - Randy Shannon for instance. He fired Markuson <sp> after only a few games at Wisconsin so he is not afraid of correcting a mistake it seems.

Not being able to set an edge, the phrase of the season, falls on two guys - Seagrest and Smith.  Not having a scheme that allows the TAMU QB to run amok  is on the DC.

Smith is recruiting his butt off in Louisiana, Enos seems to be adequate the jury is out on the O Line and Lunney is awesome it appears.

Changes will be made and hopefully with people that know Florida or at lest SEC recruiting. 

Are you sure Brett fired Markuson or was it Barry? Not his mo.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: wachhog on January 03, 2017, 02:50:41 pm
A whole bunch of us "uninformed" fans knew the minute Long showed Petrino the door, winning football days at Arkansas were gone for a LONG time and said so here on Hogville. A whole bunch of us "in-the-dark" fans knew the minute Bielema's hiring was announced that he was not the answer for Arkansas and said so here on Hogville.
I know absolutely NOTHING about football. But I knew enough to know those two things.. Call me a savant, intuitive, a genius or by the correct description, which is somebody with common sense, but call me right, because I was.

Correct, I've said from day one that BB is not the coach for what Arkansas can do.   This four year effort has been all about what BB can do and it's not working.  Ha, wait til next year!

It seems I knew instinctively that Petrino could make the most of what Arkansas can do and he worked that angle knowing exactly what it was.  BB came in telling us what he could do and he hasn't done it yet.

forrest city joe

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 03, 2017, 03:06:09 pm
Will they be coaching themselves?
Get enough talent and you could coach them.great talent wins games.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 03, 2017, 03:07:19 pm
Gosh, you start your return by posting something that at least half a million have already commented on to one degree or another ??? No wonder we didn't notice of miss your absence.
One question.why did you click?

mizzouman

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 03:10:40 pm
This game is about players. the better players you get. the more you will win. bring in top recruiting classes, and you are going to win in the long run. we are now doing this in basketball. but we are not doing it in football. Mizzo is sorry in basketball,because they don't have enough good players.
We are worse than sorry in hoops Joe.  But that doesn't change the fact that, even if you bring in NBA quality type recruits, that doesn't guarantee a damn thing.  Romar has had more 1st round draft picks over that last 3 or 4 years than any other coach in the country yet cannot win anything.  That's my point.

mizzouman

hogsanity

Quote from: wachhog on January 03, 2017, 02:50:41 pm
A whole bunch of us "uninformed" fans knew the minute Long showed Petrino the door, winning football days at Arkansas were gone for a LONG time and said so here on Hogville. A whole bunch of us "in-the-dark" fans knew the minute Bielema's hiring was announced that he was not the answer for Arkansas and said so here on Hogville.
I know absolutely NOTHING about football. But I knew enough to know those two things.. Call me a savant, intuitive, a genius or by the correct description, which is somebody with common sense, but call me right, because I was.

Define " winning " football. Is it winning more games than you lose? Is it winning division/conf titles? Is it making the NY 6 Bowls? The playoff?  Must be the 1st thing I listed because BP did not do any of the others. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 03:11:39 pm
Get enough talent and you could coach them.great talent wins games.
100% percent of this is 50% true...lol
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: farmhawg on January 03, 2017, 03:10:45 pm
Are you sure Brett fired Markuson or was it Barry? Not his mo.

It definitely was Bielema. What do you think his "MO" is? darn, we've had incessant staff turnover. These people who jibber about "too loyal to his staff" are idiots.
[CENSORED]!

porkrindjimmy

Teas A&N 45 Arkansas 24
Alabama 49 Arkansas 30
Auburn 56 Arkansas 3
Lsu 38 Arkansas 10
Also even in wins. gave up 31 points to Ole Miss. and 42 points to Miss.State. every coach on this defense should have already been fired. and the fact they still have jobs speaks volumes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Led a 3 and 8 Mizzo team by 17 at the half and never scored another point and lost.

Led VA.tech by 24 points at the half and lost yet again.did not score a point in the 2nd half yet again.
And these kind of losses are nothing new. it started at Wisconsin losing games like this. then the first year here losing to a bad Rutgers team after leading 24 to 7.
Bottom Line. the head coach is not getting fired.but it's all most a week since the season ended. and the coaches who were part of the worst defense in the history of Arkansas football have not been fired. tells me all i need to know about what the people in charge of the program think about having a winning program. i am pissed that we are now Rice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My boy Blue!!!!!

Welcome back FCJ...

PRJ

farmhawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 03, 2017, 03:17:14 pm
It definitely was Bielema. What do you think his "MO" is? darn, we've had incessant staff turnover. These people who jibber about "too loyal to his staff" are idiots.
Has he fired anyone during the year? No.
Once and only once.
But of course let's call everyone idiots, I am sure that's a much better.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 03:16:42 pm
Define " winning " football. Is it winning more games than you lose? Is it winning division/conf titles? Is it making the NY 6 Bowls? The playoff?  Must be the 1st thing I listed because BP did not do any of the others. 
It AINT going 3 and 9,7 and 6,8 and 5,and 7 and 6. that's for sure. what he has done so far is not good.in fact it's terrible.

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 03:12:27 pm
Why did we wait 4 years under MA to start getting good talent?

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 03:28:08 pm
It AINT going 3 and 9,7 and 6,8 and 5,and 7 and 6. that's for sure. what he has done so far is not good.in fact it's terrible.

I did not ask what it WASN'T, I asked what is winning football.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WilsonHog

Teas A&N 45 Arkansas 24
Alabama 49 Arkansas 30
Auburn 56 Arkansas 3
Lsu 38 Arkansas 10

Cinco de Hogo

I think you know that the vast majority of fans were tickled pink with 10-11 wins.  Only a few idiots cried "but he hasn't best Bama".  If we are gonna hate coaches because they haven't beaten Bama while Saban is there then we probably shouldn't even brother hiring a coach.  As for the rest of it, that happens to also run through Bama.

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 03, 2017, 03:31:20 pm
I think you know that the vast majority of fans were tickled pink with 10-11 wins.  Only a few idiots cried "but he hasn't best Bama".  If we are gonna hate coaches because they haven't beaten Bama while Saban is there then we probably shouldn't even brother hiring a coach.  As for the rest of it, that happens to also run through Bama.

So titles really are not important, just a # that makes people feel good? I am fine with that actually, at least it lays out some parameters.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 03:29:06 pm
I did not ask what it WASN'T, I asked what is winning football.
I know what you asked.and i answered how i wanted.Jeff Long messed up the football program.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 03:38:04 pm
I know what you asked.and i answered how i wanted.Jeff Long messed up the football program.

In other words, as usual, you have nothing.

BILLYBOB

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 03:34:06 pm
So titles really are not important, just a # that makes people feel good? I am fine with that actually, at least it lays out some parameters.

You don't get titles with 7-8 win seasons.  So if you looking for possibilities then you would think 10-11 win give you a possibility in the future.  As for the playoffs they weren't a thing then.  If you won the SEC you were almost in the title game.  As I said that happened to also run thru Bama.  It's one and the same thing.

Cinco de Hogo

The problem is a lot of you are taking that we can't consistently out Bama Bama to mean we can't have great teams.  We can have great teams and who knows when the cards will fall right and we can make the SECCG whether we beat Bama or not.  Who know when the cards will once again fall right and we will beat Bama.  However we can still have great seasons and Petrino proved that.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 03:12:27 pm
It's always entertaining to see the moronic and inane comments you spit out....nothing more.

Hawgar The Horrible

This is like watching the return of an autistic pianist. Half want to hear his music. The other half wants him locked up for biting a nurses nose off.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

pigture perfect

Somebody's been gone a year and his opinions are the same. Football coach should be fired and the basketball coach should be retained. Even though both have given us embarrassing losses within the last calendar year. Hummmm. Makes me wonder what the difference is.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

98hogs

Preach on Joe !!!! Jeff Long accepts a Rice type program.  He is in charge and this is what it brings.

Big Boi

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 02:50:04 pm
I would keep Mike if for nothing else to keep those great recruiting classes he has lined up.you fire him now and all the recruits in the 18 and 19 class will not come here.no Reggie Perry,Justice Hill or any of the others. in football we are not bringing in great classes.
We don't know if those kids will be eligible, sign, or pan-out. If Mike doesn't Mike the NCAA he needs to be fired.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Big Boi on January 03, 2017, 04:23:54 pm
We don't know if those kids will be eligible, sign, or pan-out. If Mike doesn't Mike the NCAA he needs to be fired.
Disagree.this is not the time to fire Mike. he needs more time to get these great recruiting classes in here.

hobhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 04:41:00 pm
Disagree.this is not the time to fire Mike. he needs more time to get these great recruiting classes in here.

Heard coach B has some good recruits interested in 2018. Lets keep him around and see.......

forrest city joe

Quote from: hobhog on January 03, 2017, 04:46:16 pm
Heard coach B has some good recruits interested in 2018. Lets keep him around and see.......
Sorry but coach B is not recruiting any where near the level Mike is. our football program is in trouble. we have become Rice.

elksnort

Scott7703

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 02:50:04 pm
I would keep Mike if for nothing else to keep those great recruiting classes he has lined up.you fire him now and all the recruits in the 18 and 19 class will not come here.no Reggie Perry,Justice Hill or any of the others. in football we are not bringing in great classes.

We don't make the tournament and win a game he needs to be sent packing. He has been an absolute joke to this point and the defense out basketball team is currently attempting to play is a bad if not worse than the football defensive unit you are so down on.

I'll also add this, I bet 90% of those kids are hogs with or without Anderson. The 5'6 kid might be the exception.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 03, 2017, 04:52:15 pm

We don't make the tournament and win a game he needs to be sent packing. He has been an absolute joke to this point and the defense out basketball team is currently attempting to play is a bad if not worse than the football defensive unit you are so down on.

I'll also add this, I bet 90% of those kids are hogs with or without Anderson. The 5'6 kid might be the exception.
You are kidding your self. i am calling it now. if they fire Mike,none of the recruits come to Arkansas.have no inside imfo. but that's how i see it based on interviews i heard from some of them.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Just this season, what with one or more dumb assistants, the same poor recruits according to some, we had 9 wins in the bag if only our HC knew darn about how to mentally prepare a team to fight until the finish.  Without a second team with experience, a #2 QB who was forced in within 10 days of the first game, with an O-line that was suspect or worse, we still, in a down year for the SEC, we could have won 9 if only the HC could just get the mental attitude toward positive.  But that takes effort and it just ain't worth it,  Ain't nothing but a game, right.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Joe-T

texas tush hog

Quote from: Seebs on January 03, 2017, 01:31:52 pm
FCJ - Your post is like a form of verbal decoupage.  I understand you are angry.

What is the rush to fire? No games on the schedule. People will be leaving in the coning weeks and I think you already knew that. 

If I may speculate - D Line, Def Coordinator and perhaps O Line changes may be in the offing. 

That would be a great start.

Don't hold your breath.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 03, 2017, 02:35:39 pm
We needed another "fire everybody" voice around here.
Contrasts nicely with the "Everything is fine, nothing to see here" voices.

AFWarrior83

FCJ, a true Hogville legend. Welcome back buddy!
Hogville member since 2005.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Hognspace

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

porkinsons disease

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 01:57:33 pm
Have you seen the recruiting classes Mike has lined up for 2017,18 and 19. he has a real chance to turn basketball around.football looks really bad.looks like no hope.
CBB has 2 highly rated 4-stars lined up for 2018. Using your logic for other coaches, you can't fire him or they won't come.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Lanny

Teas A&N 45 Arkansas 24
Alabama 49 Arkansas 30
Auburn 56 Arkansas 3
Lsu 38 Arkansas 10

Bielema is consistent
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

wachhog

For me, it wasn't about titles; it wasn't about the number of games we won. It was a feeling of exuberance, of excitement, a feeling that on any given day we might beat anybody, that even if behind with two minutes to play, we might pull it out. It was the fun of being ranked and thinking we could be ranked higher with each passing week. It was the feeling that we had a coach who was capable of out strategizing most anyone.
I was at the Belk Bowl and when we went  3 and out the first time minutes before the end of the first half, every Arkansas fan close by said we had this foreboding feeling: When we went 3 and out after the penalty, it was "Here Bret goes again."