Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All things considered...

Started by Arazorbackguy1, January 03, 2017, 07:41:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

No one cares or cared about our bowl game from a National media perspective. 

Yeah, we blew a lead, but we weren't supposed to win the game anyway.  VT played for the ACC title vs the probable National Champions and barely lost.  We hung 24 on them. 

While everyone is hurt that we did lose, we weren't good enough and never proved to be good enough to win that game.  Our D has been suspect all year long and we got drubbed by a lousy Auburn squad 56-3!!!! What did you expect?

All I'm saying is, get over it and look forward to a great offseason where we pick up some decent recruits and prepare for a great 2017 season.  We will win 8-9 ball games next year and be in a slightly better bowl.  Maybe we will even be favored to win. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Lanny

A lot of Razorback fans care about the bowl meltdown. 
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

CrookedSquealliry

Couple that loss with Mizzou, and you have to wonder what is going through the coach's mind. 
We had a chance to finish on a high note in both games and absolutely flopped in the second half. 

I care enough not to be very excited next year.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 03, 2017, 07:41:04 am

Yeah, we blew a lead, but we weren't supposed to win the game anyway.  VT played for the ACC title vs the probable National Champions and barely lost.  We hung 24 on them. 

While everyone is hurt that we did lose, we weren't good enough and never proved to be good enough to win that game.  Our D has been suspect all year long and we got drubbed by a lousy Auburn squad 56-3!!!! What did you expect?

All I'm saying is, get over it and look forward to a great offseason where we pick up some decent recruits and prepare for a great 2017 season.  We will win 8-9 ball games next year and be in a slightly better bowl.  Maybe we will even be favored to win. 

What about the disappearing act performed by our defense against MO. in the 2nd half? Were they supposed to beat us, too?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hogcard1964

Next year won't be any better.  Time to move on.

Torqued pork

My expectations are thoroughly in line with mediocrity. Thanks.

Trystran

We were outscored in the second half in 8 games this season... 123-27 or so in the last 5 games. I'm not a fan of getting embarrassed on national TV, whether we are supposed to win or not.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I still find it funny that that loss is blamed completely on the defense when our offense only scored 3 points lol
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 03, 2017, 07:47:46 am
What about the disappearing act performed by our defense against MO. in the 2nd half? Were they supposed to beat us, too?
or the disappearing act by our offense in the 2nd half. They didn't score at all in the 2nd half
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 03, 2017, 08:00:17 am
I still find it funny that that loss is blamed completely on the defense when our offense only scored 3 points lol

Most of our losses would get the seal of approval from the EEOC.  We're an equal opportunity meltdown team.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Kevin

Quote from: Lanny on January 03, 2017, 07:41:57 am

question is do the right fans care?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LZH

Quote from: Trystran on January 03, 2017, 07:50:13 am
We were outscored in the second half in 8 games this season... 123-27 or so in the last 5 games. I'm not a fan of getting embarrassed on national TV, whether we are supposed to win or not.

/thread

Coach Obvious

Righty-o! There's always next year!

hogsanity

Quote from: Lanny on January 03, 2017, 07:41:57 am

YEs, Razorback fans but that does not equate to

Quote from: Trystran on January 03, 2017, 07:50:13 am

I'm not a fan of getting embarrassed on national TV, whether we are supposed to win or not.

It was not embarrassing on a national level, because nationally, other than Hog & VT fans, NO ONE CARED.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Torqued pork

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 09:14:22 am

It was not embarrassing on a national level, because nationally, other than Hog & VT fans, NO ONE CARED.
The latest Hog choke job was brought up quite a bit on ESPN and national sports talk shows. It certainly didn't help our all-important brand.

007 License To Squeal

I have zero confidence that this coaching staff can get more than 6 wins next season.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hogsanity

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 03, 2017, 09:43:20 am
The latest Hog choke job was brought up quite a bit on ESPN and national sports talk shows. It certainly didn't help our all-important brand.

Really? I watched ESPN ( both tv and radio ) alot over the weekend and after the sportscenter on Thursday night I never heard it mentioned again. I watched both playoff games and all 3 games yesterday and never heard it mentioned one time.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

lutherheggs

Given the finish to this season, this is the first time I can recall already feeling apathy for next season. There have been surprises before but they have usually followed a coaching change: Broyles to Holtz, Holtz to Hatfield, Ford to Nutt, Nutt to Petrino.

With the existing players and the new recruits and given next year's schedule, 7-5, 4-4 is likely best possible scenario and most fans who pay just a little attention think next year is going to be 6-6, 3-5 (or 2-6).

Torqued pork

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 09:54:15 am
Really? I watched ESPN ( both tv and radio ) alot over the weekend and after the sportscenter on Thursday night I never heard it mentioned again. I watched both playoff games and all 3 games yesterday and never heard it mentioned one time.
I did hear it brought up. It wasn't discussed at length, but was definitely brought up.

hogcard1964

I agree, we're kind of on the level of a mid major program as far as coverage goes.  Nobody cares about this program on the national level. 

311Hog

i just think the melt down was so bad the national media is letting it slide in an effort to spare the parties involved feelings.  I mean this is what you get when you "do things the right way" and are generally a non threat to the powers that be.  You get sympathy from the media when you spit the bed.

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on January 03, 2017, 10:57:06 am
i just think the melt down was so bad the national media is letting it slide in an effort to spare the parties involved feelings.  I mean this is what you get when you "do things the right way" and are generally a non threat to the powers that be.  You get sympathy from the media when you spit the bed.

No, they are not letting it slide, because to them there is nothing to report. The only mention I heard of Ark football, nationally, all weekend was when it was pointed out that Arkansas was one of only two teams to really move the ball and put up some points on Bama this season.

onebadrubi

That was a heavily wagered game, so a lot more than that cared.  Also it was ranked as one of the top bowl games to watch, so you had a lot of just football fans watching. 

bob slydell

Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about the meltdown in Charlotte. I cared enough to travel to see the game and sat through a cold, windy night watching a team absolutely quit in the second half. First Hog game that I have ever left early. I care and a lot of other fans care. And the wait til next year is getting really tiresome.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 11:54:31 am
No, they are not letting it slide, because to them there is nothing to report. The only mention I heard of Ark football, nationally, all weekend was when it was pointed out that Arkansas was one of only two teams to really move the ball and put up some points on Bama this season.

I am pretty sure i heard the media talk about the game during i think the Florida Iowa game i am not sure.  At some point they put up the Bowl records this year by conference and started talking about how the B10 hasn't done well, and even the SEC seemed down then a mention of ACC vs SEC directly since ACC bowl record is pretty good if not tops right now and the AR game was the one mentioned.

Either way there are much bigger stories going on, and the team quit again there is no doubt about that.  I can deal with losing but quitting just makes my stomach turn.  Add to that the ejection and the shoplifting during a shopping spree and it is as ugly as anything i have seen in my tenure as a Hog.

HF#1

Mark Packer did almost an entire segment on XM College Sports Nation the day after. It was painful to listen to.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Trystran

Between the second half blowout and JS trying to steal from the bowl sponsor, Arkansas got tons of media coverage. We had 2 top stories for a couple of days on ESPN. Debacles like those don't go unnoticed, especially when you have a coach who looooooves spotlight. When you clamor to get attention when things are on the up and up, that attention sticks around when the s*** hits the fan.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Trystran on January 03, 2017, 02:23:29 pm
Between the second half blowout and JS trying to steal from the bowl sponsor, Arkansas got tons of media coverage. We had 2 top stories for a couple of days on ESPN. Debacles like those don't go unnoticed, especially when you have a coach who looooooves spotlight. When you clamor to get attention when things are on the up and up, that attention sticks around when the s*** hits the fan.

Nothing worse than negative attention, says the guy with a Petrino in a neckbrace meme as his avatar lol

Trystran

What can I say... it makes me giggle.

Al Boarland

If you project 8 wins you will usually not be off by much.

One way or the other.

Arazorbackguy1

Same here.  Didn't hear a squeal from the National Media.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Bob Slydell on January 03, 2017, 12:06:43 pm
Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about the meltdown in Charlotte. I cared enough to travel to see the game and sat through a cold, windy night watching a team absolutely quit in the second half. First Hog game that I have ever left early. I care and a lot of other fans care. And the wait til next year is getting really tiresome.

Try sitting on the 50, six rows up at Auburn this year.  That was a fun ride home.

JOKERHOG

Even CNBC ran the headline about the huge comeback and showed some highlights the next day.  If you didn't hear about it, you weren't paying attention.  We were a joke
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Shrevepork

It's not the loss, it's the the way we lost. We quit.

Redhogs

Quote from: Shrevepork on January 04, 2017, 05:29:24 am
It's not the loss, it's the the way we lost. We quit.
We did that allot this year.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: JOKERHOG on January 03, 2017, 08:29:32 pm
Even CNBC ran the headline about the huge comeback and showed some highlights the next day.  If you didn't hear about it, you weren't paying attention.  We were a joke
Did they mention our integrity trophy as they showed our ass whipping? :-\ :-\
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?