Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Captain Obvious Here

Started by CrookedSquealliry, January 03, 2017, 07:35:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CrookedSquealliry

You can see how far we are from being an elite program by watching the games the past couple of days.

Jackrabbit Hog

My thoughts exactly.  Watching the big boys play in the major games is a real reality check.

However, I will say that there are only a few teams that are head and shoulders above the rest of us.  Maybe 5-10.  Past that, everybody else is as mediocre as we are.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 03, 2017, 07:41:29 am
Past that, everybody else is as mediocre as we are.

I disagree.

The Auburn, Missouri, and Va. Tech meltdowns prove we are more mediocre than many.

Arthur pigby sellers.

I can't agree more. And I noticed the strangest thing going on in several of these games. A defense was able to get pressure on the quarterback with just their front four!
I didn't know this  was possible.

al_pigcino

Western Kentucky looked good.  But in the end Wisconsin just did what they wanted to.  Alabama ended up doing the same thing to Washington.  It's still a league of have and have nots.  The gap between WKU and Wisky was the same as Alabama and Washington.  Let that sink in while we prepare for the off season.......

jgphillips3

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 03, 2017, 12:36:28 pm
I can't agree more. And I noticed the strangest thing going on in several of these games. A defense was able to get pressure on the quarterback with just their front four!
I didn't know this  was possible.

What?  Come on man.  If you had told me you had proof of Bigfoot or UFO's, I might would have believed you but pressure with just the front four?

hogsanity

Quote from: CrookedSquealliry on January 03, 2017, 07:35:53 am
You can see how far we are from being an elite program by watching the games the past couple of days.

apparently it is not that obvious to many here, they think we are NC calibre if we just had " the right" coach. Of course they have no idea who " the right" coach is.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

010HogFan

Quote from: al_pigcino on January 03, 2017, 12:42:34 pm
Western Kentucky looked good.  But in the end Wisconsin just did what they wanted to.  Alabama ended up doing the same thing to Washington.  It's still a league of have and have nots.  The gap between WKU and Wisky was the same as Alabama and Washington.  Let that sink in while we prepare for the off season.......

Western Michigan

Watching Oklahoma dismantle Auburn last night was the biggest reality check of all.

Tejano Jawg

I enjoy watching all the bowl games at this point, especially doozies like the Rose Bowl. But my mind does drift over to us...when I think we're not in the same league as some/most of these teams.

Think about USC and Penn State. USC got thumped right off the bat, then rebounded, now looks like a top 5 team. And is there a wilder story than Penn State?? A few years ago, I thought they'd be so irrelevant, we wouldn't see them for another 10 years. If that. They are solid, they are well coached. And CLEARLY they now have re-established the pride in being a part of that program. This is the thing that concerns me about ours. This is beyond specific wins/losses. I really thought we were getting there too. Now just don't know.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 12:51:07 pm
apparently it is not that obvious to many here, they think we are NC calibre if we just had " the right" coach. Of course they have no idea who " the right" coach is.
Bobby Petrino.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

ceegar

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on January 03, 2017, 01:58:26 pm
Bobby Petrino.

Seriously.  The A$s Hat of a person you speak of just got buried in his bowl game.  And lost a couple at the end as well.  Keep in mind he had the best player in college football this year.  He would do no better here unless he had a premier QB.  Very similar to Gus in my opinion.  And I'm not a huge Bret supporter either but he is what we have for now.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Hogwild

Quote from: al_pigcino on January 03, 2017, 12:42:34 pm

Western Kentucky scored 51 points in their bowl win, and likely will finish the season ranked for the 2nd year in a row. 

Did you mean Western Michigan? If so they only lost by one score to Wisconsin.
Western Michigan in three games against the Big Ten outscored them 72-55, winning 2 of 3.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 03, 2017, 12:59:01 pm
I enjoy watching all the bowl games at this point, especially doozies like the Rose Bowl. But my mind does drift over to us...when I think we're not in the same league as some/most of these teams.

Think about USC and Penn State. USC got thumped right off the bat, then rebounded, now looks like a top 5 team. And is there a wilder story than Penn State?? A few years ago, I thought they'd be so irrelevant, we wouldn't see them for another 10 years. If that. They are solid, they are well coached. And CLEARLY they now have re-established the pride in being a part of that program. This is the thing that concerns me about ours. This is beyond specific wins/losses. I really thought we were getting there too. Now just don't know.
All about the Jimmys and Joe's and both SC and Penn st have them.  Sam Darnold, Trace McSorley, Adoree Jackson and Saquan Barkley will all be Heisman contenders next year and both teams will probably be in the pre-season top 5.  Do we have anyone who will be drafted in the first or second round the next year or two?  Very doubtful. 

WBOBO

Alabama, Clemson, USC, Penn St, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St, Oklahoma St, and LSU are 10 teams off the top of my head  who are head and shoulders above our program.  Sad but true.  What hurts the most is Penn St.  Five years ago they were as close to the death penalty as a program could have had levied upon and look at them NOW.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

upperdeck_hawg

I mean we beat Florida handily. We're not that far off. One OL, one dynamic WR,
two linebackers and a safety.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Shrevepork

Quote from: CrookedSquealliry on January 03, 2017, 07:35:53 am

Speed is what I see and a lot of it.

HogBreath

Quote from: WBOBO on January 03, 2017, 10:34:30 pm
Alabama, Clemson, USC, Penn St, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St, Oklahoma St, and LSU are 10 teams off the top of my head  who are head and shoulders above our program.  Sad but true.  What hurts the most is Penn St.  Five years ago they were as close to the death penalty as a program could have had levied upon and look at them NOW.
And to think we've beat one of those head & shoulders programs 2 of the last 3 seasons.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Al Boarland

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 03, 2017, 11:13:18 pm
Problem is when CBB gets those there will be new holes.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 04, 2017, 06:15:22 am
Problem is when CBB gets those there will be new holes.

You say that, but have you really analyzed it?
[CENSORED]!

Oklahawg

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 03, 2017, 12:52:37 pm

Watching Oklahoma dismantle Auburn last night was the biggest reality check of all.

The same OU team that got their doors blown off by Houston and Ohio State in September, when Auburn almost handed Malzahn his walking papers following the LSU game (were it not for an odd officiating job at the end it might have been Malzahn who got canned, not Les Miles).

OU used the weak Big 12 to get itself together and was humming at the end (kind of the Bob Stoops model today, the reason he is often called "medium-game Bob").

Auburn did use three QBs the other night.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 03, 2017, 11:13:18 pm
And a partridge in a pear tree.