35 (36.5%)
Brett Bielema
17 (17.7%)
Urban Meyer
6 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: January 09, 2017, 10:29:36 pm

razorbrass

I look at all the talent on the field tonight at the sugar bowl and wonder how can Oklahoma lose to Houston and Ohio State?  Also how can Auburn continue to recruit top 10 classes and be as mediocre as they are (excluding the game against the hogs)?  Any other candidates for this list?
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

NuttinItUp

No Frito Pie option? Weak poll.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bennyl08

You watch that game and wonder how Oklahoma lost to tOSU? Okla has a lot of talent, but talent wise, they are at best, half a step down from the buckeyes.

As for Auburn's talent, they have done an impressive job of getting the worst of the best talent out there. Since 2009, they have only had 3 NFL draft classes with 4 or more picks. That's less than half. In fact, '12 and '13 both only had 1 NFL draft pick each. Total of 20 picks over 7 years. Compare that to Arkansas. We've had 28 NFL draft picks over that same span. We've had at least 4 in each of the past 4 years, back to back 5 pick years, and project to surpass that this year. The one and only area they beat us at is 1st round draft picks. They get a lot of highly rated busts. But a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, and when they don't get the rare 4/5* who doesn't even get drafted, that player gets drafted high.

Why am I talking about draft picks? Because raw talent is what they are looking for. Production in college doesn't matter nearly as much as potential to produce in the NFL. Weak armed qb with 4500 yards and 50 td's in the MAC will be ignored over the athletic, strong armed qb with 13 td's, 15 ints and 2500 yards in the ACC.

So, I don't really count Auburn as doing less with more. To do less with more, you have to be one of those teams who actually has talent on your roster but doesn't win. As judged objectionably by the NFL, Auburn has on average been less talented than us, just a bit top heavy with the talent they do have.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Qui Gon Jinn

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

HamIAm

pigskenG

my picks aren't on list:
Butch Jones
Kevin Sumlin
Mack Brown
Les Miles

there's a reason 2 of them aren't coaching right now.

While I'm thinking of it, I don't think the Hogs have had a top notch defense since Frank Broyles and then when Monte Kiffin was here under Holtz.
Why is that ?

Razorbackers

Quote from: pigskenG on January 03, 2017, 04:36:51 pm
my picks aren't on list:
Butch Jones
Kevin Sumlin
Mack Brown
Les Miles

there's a reason 2 of them aren't coaching right now.

While I'm thinking of it, I don't think the Hogs have had a top notch defense since Frank Broyles and then when Monte Kiffin was here under Holtz.
Why is that ?

Not to "well actually" you, but that 2014 defense we had was legit. Not like...best ever. But statistically, they were very good.