Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ONE reason to quit the new HC talk

Started by lakecityhog, January 02, 2017, 09:46:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 03, 2017, 10:37:03 am
Gotta read this backwards - is there a high-quality coach that we could land? It is a lean time in the P5 football world to be finding a new coach.  Or, that was the theme when LSU and Texas were looking. Of course, we don't hire on that level but many fans think we can.

Better yet, is there a high-quality coach that would be willing to come here and could actually win with the recruiting hole we are in vs our SEC peers?  Of course many Hogville posters believe we could have the pick of the litter when it comes to HCs, because we are just he dream job everyone is waiting to open up.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

riccoar

Gotta read this backwards - is there a high-quality coach that we could land? It is a lean time in the P5 football world to be finding a new coach.  Or, that was the theme when LSU and Texas were looking. Of course, we don't hire on that level but many fans think we can.

Not ready to boot Bert, but Arkansas is on the level to attract a big P5 coach.  The issue is can we line the big donors up to pay the 6-7 million salary.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Karma on January 02, 2017, 10:24:01 pm
Hogville said "anyone would be a better coach than Nutt."
Hogville said "anyone would be a better coach than John L." (it was right)
Hogville says "anyone would be a better coach than Beilema."

According to Hogville, at any given time we seem to have the worst coach in the world.
You jest, I know, but what's funny is looking at Nutt's record vs Saban and comparing that to Bielema's. Nutt actually may be a better coach that Bielema.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 03, 2017, 12:33:07 am
Les always had better recruiting classes. Would Les get the same players to come to Arkansas? I don't think he could.

I know he wouldnt. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 03, 2017, 01:28:41 am
I actually like Les Miles.  He did a good job at Oklahoma State and a very good job at LSU, just couldn't find a quarterback and made some strange decisions from time to time.   I also wouldn't mind having the offensive guy from Oklahoma and give him a chance.  Sorry can't remember his name.  Riley something I think, LOL.

Miles was similar to mack brown.  He let good QB's leave the state and go elsewhere, some came back to even beat him.  He was highly attracted to a better athlete at QB than arm and between the ears stand out. 

wachhog

Quote from: Karma on January 02, 2017, 10:24:01 pm
Hogville said "anyone would be a better coach than Nutt."
Hogville said "anyone would be a better coach than John L." (it was right)
Hogville says "anyone would be a better coach than Beilema."

According to Hogville, at any given time we seem to have the worst coach in the world.
Nope. Much of Hogville was quite happy with Bobby and the wins he produced. Of course, there ware those few insecure beings  to whom he failed to show sufficient deference.

Pork Twain

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on January 03, 2017, 11:27:56 am
You jest, I know, but what's funny is looking at Nutt's record vs Saban and comparing that to Bielema's. Nutt actually may be a better coach that Bielema.
Based on that logic, HDN is also a better coach than Petrino.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

EastexHawg

Quote from: Redhogs on January 03, 2017, 09:06:30 am
Thank you, you would think this little nugget on common sense would be a little easier to find on Hogville. Way too many "settlers" including our genius AD. I can litterly see 5 more years of this dufus here.

You're going to need to specify which dufus.

Hogfan1660

Quote from: hawgtime on January 03, 2017, 09:51:43 am
we DON'T want Miles.... he cannot adapt and won't let assistants do their J.O.B.!!!

We already have a coach doing this so we definitely don't want another.

defcoach

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 03, 2017, 10:41:14 am
Better yet, is there a high-quality coach that would be willing to come here and could actually win with the recruiting hole we are in vs our SEC peers?  Of course many Hogville posters believe we could have the pick of the litter when it comes to HCs, because we are just he dream job everyone is waiting to open up.
nail on the head

GuvHog

Bring Brent Venables in as HC. Couldn't be any worse than CBB.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GuvHog on January 03, 2017, 02:43:41 pm
Bring Brent Venables in as HC. Couldn't be any worse than CBB.

"Couldn't be any worse" is a great strategy.
[CENSORED]!

GuvHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 03, 2017, 02:47:11 pm
"Couldn't be any worse" is a great strategy.

I actually believe he'd be a heck of a lot better than CBB.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Great Hambino

This isn't true at all. I'd take a flyer on Scott Frost or PJ Fleck and we could get either tomorrow.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GuvHog on January 03, 2017, 02:49:31 pm
I actually believe he'd be a heck of a lot better than CBB.

Oh, be sure to submit your dossier ASAP.
[CENSORED]!

hogfanny

I thought somebody would say it it detrimental to recruiting.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 02, 2017, 09:56:01 pm
Then that would not be Les....He only had to recruit La....

that's why everyone wants to get rid of CBB

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 02, 2017, 10:51:17 pm
After that Belch Bowl, I confess, when Lester crosses my mind I don't hate it.

Amen.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.