Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ONE reason to quit the new HC talk

Started by lakecityhog, January 02, 2017, 09:46:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

Be careful what you wish for could never be more true than right now for Razorback football!

If BB were to leave right now I'm afraid that we would see the shortest coaching search in football!
Within 1 or 2 days JL would be announcing Les Miles as our new head coach. The sporting world would once again hail him as a GREAT AD to pull off another great hire.

So think about that for a few minutes!

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

farmhawg

Unfortunately, he would be better than what we have currently.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

daprospecta

A good coach does not necessarily have 10 wins every season. At this point, I want a coach who is willing to work hard in recruiting and instilling good football fundamentals into players. 

tusksincolorado

Quote from: daprospecta on January 02, 2017, 09:53:44 pm
A good coach does not necessarily have 10 wins every season. At this point, I want a coach who is willing to work hard in recruiting and instilling good football fundamentals into players. 

Then that would not be Les....He only had to recruit La....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Hogs-n-Roses

Hopefully JL won't make any hires here anymore.

Hoggish1

NuttinItUp

Hogs958

Hogville said "anyone would be a better coach than Nutt."
Hogville said "anyone would be a better coach than John L." (it was right)
Hogville says "anyone would be a better coach than Beilema."

According to Hogville, at any given time we seem to have the worst coach in the world.

Tejano Jawg

After that Belch Bowl, I confess, when Lester crosses my mind I don't hate it.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hawg Life

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on January 02, 2017, 09:56:17 pm
Hopefully JL won't make any hires here anymore.

I see this a lot, and it amazes me. Bielema was considered a great hire at the time. Mike Anderson was who the fans wanted, so we could heal. Jeff Long is a well respected AD. I'm not sure who you think would to a better job or be a better representative for The University of Arkansas.

3kgthog

How many 24 point leads did Les teams blow in his career?

ChicoHog

Quote from: Karma on January 02, 2017, 10:24:01 pm

According to Hogville, at any given time we seem to have the worst coach in the world.
Don't you know the grass is always greener on the other side? 

Be careful what you wish for folks.

RME

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 02, 2017, 10:54:35 pm
I see this a lot, and it amazes me. Bielema was considered a great hire at the time. Mike Anderson was who the fans wanted, so we could heal. Jeff Long is a well respected AD. I'm not sure who you think would to a better job or be a better representative for The University of Arkansas.

Neither do they. Posters here love to call for heads but offer no replacements, as if they're averse to researching/listing people they think could do a better job than what we currently have.

I'm getting over Bielema, and I'll list replacements for him all day. I'm fine with Long. The Athletic Department as one body is pretty healthy.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 02, 2017, 10:54:35 pm
Good post.  I personally did not like the Anderson hire but I know most people did and I understand it.  I thought the BB hire was good and I still think we may turn this thing around but the seat is definitely getting warm.

Jb1219

We got a great coach y'all need to zip it jerks

Hawg Life

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 02, 2017, 10:58:04 pm
Good post.  I personally did not like the Anderson hire but I know most people did and I understand it.  I thought the BB hire was good and I still think we may turn this thing around but the seat is definitely getting warm.

I hated the MA hire, but due to allegations of racism with Nolan it was said we needed to heal by hiring his protege. I thought Buzz was a better hire.

LR_Matt

Quote from: Karma on January 02, 2017, 10:24:01 pm

Maybe the University needs to quit hiring bad coaches.... just a thought.

deedster84

Quote from: Jb1219 on January 02, 2017, 10:59:33 pm

While I tend to agree with this, there needs to be some answers for how we finished the season and the inconsistencies throughout the year. I could've accepted a 35-24 loss to VA Tech but not in the way it happened. If it's scheme or the dismissal of a few coaches. But the head coach has to do more than just win. I know wins mean a lot but increasingly so, so does APR and athlete accountability. And BB has done the last 2. Now he just needs the wins.

OhioHog

Quote from: daprospecta on January 02, 2017, 09:53:44 pm

Finally someone brings up the fundamentals that are clearly lacking! 

lefty08

Quote from: OhioHog on January 02, 2017, 11:13:06 pm
Finally someone brings up the fundamentals that are clearly lacking!

You wouldn't know how to teach proper fundamentals if it smacked you in the lips and called you Susie
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Jim Harris

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 02, 2017, 09:56:01 pm
Then that would not be Les....He only had to recruit La....

That is inaccurate. Look at LSU's roster. Miles can recruit all the way from Texas to Florida. He turned Oklahoma State around recruiting Texas heavily and winning several big recruiting battles. Granted, his ceiling there was 8 wins, and it would probably be 8 if he were the head coach at Arkansas (I'm not advocating it at all, just pointing out mainly that he did more than just recruit Louisiana).
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

onebadrubi

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 02, 2017, 10:55:08 pm
How many 24 point leads did Les teams blow in his career?

How many times did Bret Bielema beat him
Head to head?

Hawg Life

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 03, 2017, 12:06:18 am
Head to head?

Les always had better recruiting classes. Would Les get the same players to come to Arkansas? I don't think he could.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Jim Harris on January 02, 2017, 11:58:09 pm
That is inaccurate. Look at LSU's roster. Miles can recruit all the way from Texas to Florida. He turned Oklahoma State around recruiting Texas heavily and winning several big recruiting battles. Granted, his ceiling there was 8 wins, and it would probably be 8 if he were the head coach at Arkansas (I'm not advocating it at all, just pointing out mainly that he did more than just recruit Louisiana).

I stated he ONLY HAD to recruit LA....because Louisiana is LOADED with 4 and 5 star recruits.

So just what is the percentage of LA recruits, to out of state recruits, over the last 5 years?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

jvanhorn

I actually like Les Miles.  He did a good job at Oklahoma State and a very good job at LSU, just couldn't find a quarterback and made some strange decisions from time to time.   I also wouldn't mind having the offensive guy from Oklahoma and give him a chance.  Sorry can't remember his name.  Riley something I think, LOL.

Pork Twain

How about his buyout was made to give us both security and he is not going anywhere anytime soon, so suck it up.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

MountieDawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 03, 2017, 12:06:18 am
Head to head?

How many times has CBB won 9 games in the SEC
SEC!

AirWarren

98hogs

870hogfan

lol only on Hogville this is pure gold to read everything is saying...

LZH

Quote from: farmhawg on January 02, 2017, 09:51:23 pm

I seriously doubt his teams would be so out of shape that they would fall asleep in the second half five or six times a year.

Les may be past his prime.... but could recruit the hell out of Southeast Texas and Louisiana. If he would hire a real offensive coordinator and actually let him coach, I'd take it, too.

hoglady

We need to quit being such chicken littles - why be afraid of who might be hired if the current coach isn't getting the job done?
What a terrible way to approach the world in any phase of life - settling just isn't my idea of the best approach to anything.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Torqued pork

Quote from: hoglady on January 03, 2017, 07:05:23 am
We need to quit being such chicken littles - why be afraid of who might be hired if the current coach isn't getting the job done?
What a terrible way to approach the world in any phase of life - settling just isn't my idea of the best approach to anything.

harrisburghog

Redhogs

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 03, 2017, 06:00:22 am
How about his buyout was made to give us both security and he is not going anywhere anytime soon, so suck it up.
Well it sure the hell backfired.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: hoglady on January 03, 2017, 07:05:23 am
Thank you, you would think this little nugget on common sense would be a little easier to find on Hogville. Way too many "settlers" including our genius AD. I can litterly see 5 more years of this dufus here.

Redhogs

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Jb1219 on January 02, 2017, 10:59:33 pm

I don't think anyone had their pants unzipped.

hawgtime

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 02, 2017, 09:46:54 pm
Be careful what you wish for could never be more true than right now for Razorback football!

If BB were to leave right now I'm afraid that we would see the shortest coaching search in football!
Within 1 or 2 days JL would be announcing Les Miles as our new head coach. The sporting world would once again hail him as a GREAT AD to pull off another great hire.

So think about that for a few minutes!

we DON'T want Miles.... he cannot adapt and won't let assistants do their J.O.B.!!!

hawgtime

Quote from: LZH on January 03, 2017, 06:50:39 am
I seriously doubt his teams would be so out of shape that they would fall asleep in the second half five or six times a year.

Les may be past his prime.... but could recruit the hell out of Southeast Texas and Louisiana. If he would hire a real offensive coordinator and actually let him coach, I'd take it, too.

he didn't at LSU...

Athog

Quote from: farmhawg on January 02, 2017, 09:51:23 pm

Right......I am glad you have no say!

Pork Twain

Quote from: Redhogs on January 03, 2017, 09:02:35 am
Well it sure the hell backfired.
I guess it did for those wishing to pull the trigger too quickly.  I am happy to give him a couple more years to get everything straightened out.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HawgTrough

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 02, 2017, 10:51:17 pm
After that Belch Bowl, I confess, when Lester crosses my mind I don't hate it.
I've been a big defender of Bielema, but I'm officially done with him.
WPS

Hawgar The Horrible

The ONE reason is wasted bandwidth because it ain't happening anytime soon. Despite every other post on this board reading like "...and this little piggie went wee, wee, wee all the way home" since the Missouri game.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Oklahawg

Gotta read this backwards - is there a high-quality coach that we could land? It is a lean time in the P5 football world to be finding a new coach.  Or, that was the theme when LSU and Texas were looking. Of course, we don't hire on that level but many fans think we can.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra