11 (14.7%)
6 (8%)
2020+
9 (12%)
Frito Pie
29 (38.7%)

Total Members Voted: 75

PorkSoda

January 02, 2017, 05:14:42 pm Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:42:06 pm by PorkSoda
Just wondering when people think our roster will align to give us our best shot at 10+ wins.  For those on the fence with CBB, when will be the make or break year where he will have the best talent available to prove he can or can't make it in the SEC?

2016 - had a lot of notable seniors such as Skipper, Sprinkle, Hatcher, Morgan, Reed, Wise etc.  as well as some good young talent in RW3, Whaley, and Hammonds

2017 - will have seniors AA, Coley, Cornelius, Ragnow, as well as some good incoming JUCO guys like TE Patton and and WR Martin

2018 - will be breaking in a new QB possibly Kelly, but will have a lot of seniors on the oline such as Froholdt, Gibson, Rogers and Wallace, with Merrick/Jaskson being RS-Jrs.  RW3 will be a senior

2019 - will have a senior laden Defense with Agim, Capps, Guidry, Harris, Jean-Baptiste, Lafrance, etc. Montaric Brown will be a Junior, Cole Kelly, Whaley, and Hammonds will be a Seniors...

2020+ ?

Petrino's success was due very much in part to an excellent instate crop of players that included the Warren 3, Joe Adams, and Ryan Mallett after a short stint at Mich.  I am not sure if there is any such crop due to graduate over the next few years.

for reference:

Current Roster
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-footbl/roster/

Current Recruiting Class
http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Dr. Starcs

Pork Ranger

NuttinItUp

Bacon_Bitz

I think we will average 9.5 wins the next four seasons with one SEC championship game appearance

devildoghawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

devildoghawg

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 02, 2017, 05:39:58 pm
I think we will average 9.5 wins the next four seasons with one SEC championship game appearance

I think you smoke meth. 
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Hogdomer

2006 under Nutt
2010 under Petrino
2015 under Beilima.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: devildoghawg on January 02, 2017, 05:42:45 pm
I think you smoke meth. 
Being in the medical field I can tell you meth smokers most resemble the BB darksiders then those that are optimistic.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

PossumFan

I peaked in high school.

Oh, that's not what you meant, is it?

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Hogs958

It's so hard to tell. We could very well go out and win 10 games next year, and it will dumbfound everyone. I doubt it will happen, but college football changes on a dime.

hoglady

Our best shot under Bielema was last year - 2015.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

reddogjcss

We have already peaked under Coach B

grayhawg

Calling All Hogs

Agim will be in the NFL in 2019.

Hogs958

Cinco de Hogo

MountieDawg

Hopefully Long is peeking around the corner for a new coach...
SEC!

lakecityhog

2014 should have been his breakout year, he had 11 players on the roster destined for the NFL.
2015 should have been a follow up year done a game or 2.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Stewhog 11

Cole Kelly will be a senior in 2020 not 2019

Calling All Hogs

2525. If man is still alive. If woman can survive

Hollywood870

TexomaRazorback

devildoghawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 02, 2017, 05:45:49 pm
Being in the medical field I can tell you meth smokers most resemble the BB darksiders then those that are optimistic.

I'd rather resemble a meth smoker than have my brain actually function like one such as the folks pumping sunshine.  Calling people Bret Bielema darksiders is a bit silly considering the last 3 seasons. 

Pigsknuckles

We have never peaked. Have simply plateaued at mediocrity.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

If BB wants another stint with good pay and great buyout, he will go to work for next season.  We will win 9 with a Bowl win next season.

razorbrass

Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

davehog

Next season should be a peak season.  The offense is going to be that good. 

Sr QB,
4.5 returning OLine starters (Colton Jackson as a half year starter)
Reload and possibly better at both TE and WR
Best RBs in the conference 

On defense hopefully there is a switch to the 3-4 that should yield improvement

If there is only a move to middle of the pack defensively then it will be 9-10 win season.

Several conference opponents will have 1st year QBs and all will be replacing several offensive lineman.

Next season CBB better hit the moneyball or his seat will be very hot and rightfully so.

I could see a season similar to what Auburn had this year.

HiggiePiggy

The year my son graduates college.  He is 2 now. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

alohawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 02, 2017, 05:18:27 pm
Dammit, that was going to be my answer.

Ha ha, it was mine too. I just read thru the thread, didn't realize anyone else posted it before me.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

The Kig

Poker Porker

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on January 02, 2017, 08:27:24 pm
Cole Kelly will be a senior in 2020 not 2019

Yes but assuming he's ready to go 2018 is the best chance because of the schedule.

NC: North Texas and probably 2 more group of 5 and one 1-AA
SEC home games: Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt
Neutral: A&M (A&M's year to host)
SEC road games: Auburn, Mississippi State, Missouri

It's possible all three road games + A&M will be against coaches in their 1st or 2nd year.  Ole Miss will also be breaking in a new coach and just maybe Bama too.

And the new NEZ will be in operation.

LSU will be the SECW favorite and they are always iffy when playing at Arkansas.

In other words assuming Kelley is ready 2018 may be CBB's best chance ever to win the SEC may be in two years if he gets off his but and starts fixing the defense next year.

hoglady

We haven't seen Cole Kelly play one down of SEC football - I'm not quite ready to anoint him the savior of the program and Bret Bielema.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogpc

2015 was BB peak.  We saw regression this year and next year we will continue the downward spiral.  BB is out of his depth.  He seems like a good guy, just can't recruit/coach well enough for Arkansas to be successful.