Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An answer to the big buyout

Started by tophawg19, January 02, 2017, 12:11:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

Why not boost Enos's pay to over a million. Hire a Brent Venables Type for 1.5 to 2 Million with the promise of the head coaching job in 2 years . And make CBB a coach in title only . Take the hiring of coaches out of his hands as well as play calling . It might hurt our image but would save us money . he can stay on the sideline as coach of a winning team and draw 2 4 million dollars checks or offer him 6 million to walk. In truth I'd give him 1 more year if he changes defensive staff. But if not then this move makes sense
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

lefty08

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 02, 2017, 12:11:15 pm
Why not boost Enos's pay to over a million. Hire a Brent Venables Type for 1.5 to 2 Million with the promise of the head coaching job in 2 years . And make CBB a coach in title only . Take the hiring of coaches out of his hands as well as play calling . It might hurt our image but would save us money . he can stay on the sideline as coach of a winning team and draw 2 4 million dollars checks or offer him 6 million to walk. In truth I'd give him 1 more year if he changes defensive staff. But if not then this move makes sense

Yeah, that will work. Definitely would help recruiting
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

NuttinItUp

This might be the worst post I have ever read. Congrats.

CrookedSquealliry

Sounds good.  Is Bernie Madoff available to write the contract?

King Kong

CBB will be able to get another P5 job. Most of he buyout would be paired from another school

RME

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 02, 2017, 12:11:15 pm

Pay over a million bucks to the guy who is in charge of the offense that didn't score a single point in the second half of back-to-back games?

Where's that Guinness "BRILLIANT!" thing when you need it.

ricepig

Quote from: CrookedSquealliry on January 02, 2017, 07:28:25 pm
Sounds good.  Is Bernie Madoff available to write the contract?

Hell, he can give you a check. It might be written on a soap bar, but I'm sure it's good.

KennyForAD

It would be the most epic collapse ever - even worse than the crash.  I love it. 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 07:52:01 pm
Hell, he can give you a check. It might be written on a soap bar, but I'm sure it's good.

I think ol' Bernie is worrying more about not dropping the soap right now.

The_Iceman