Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New coach

Started by lamont7906, January 01, 2017, 03:22:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: sickboy on January 01, 2017, 06:57:22 pm
I just imagine a bunch of old retirees sitting on the porch of bait and tackle shop off some remote highway in Arkansas when I read some of these threads.

What's that young feller?

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on January 01, 2017, 03:24:26 pm
Give me Venables, if he wants to be a HC.

Yes.  He would be worth gambling on.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

pork in the whiskers

Quote from: lamont7906 on January 01, 2017, 04:10:53 pm
Hmm being stationed in germany I don't get to attend or see many of the games. I have to catch some of the games on youtube couple of days afterwards. Regardless I'm not the only one that see how he looks lost.

Thank you for your service and Happy New Year, as well as a safe one! Being deployed, I'm guessing in addition to not attending games, you also, are not being an arrogant know it all prick on a message board! Thanks for voicing your opinion and yes, it means just as much as someone with 35 thousand posts... well, really, it means a helluva lot more! Your time is much more valuable and important... even if you spend it drinking a beer, whilst watching a beer commercial during your down time.

By the way, where are you from? And, when you return... I will gladly provide you with 4 tickets to the game of your choice, in addition to tailgating in the parking lot right next to the west side of DWRRS.

God Bless You and All that serve... Thank You!

lamont7906

Happy New Year to you too. I'm originally from Little Rock and currently in Germany. I will be here for the next two years. I don't know it all about football or our program, I just want us to do better than we are doing. Go Hogs

Athog

lefty08

Quote from: reddogjcss on January 01, 2017, 07:34:22 pm
We better be glad we don't play ARk State every year cause they would own us.

LOL
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

DLUXHOG

Quote from: lamont7906 on January 01, 2017, 03:22:37 pm
I really don't see the team getting 9 wins and even with th buyout at 15 I think they get rid of him with 7 wins or less. I want Philip Montgomery before someone else pick him up. He was the OC for Baylor and Houston and turned Tulsa program around.  Not too big of name and believe it's someone we can keep for awhile.
IF Arkansas has that kind of money to toss around, they might as well use it where we know it will do some immediate, observable good...... buy some 5* recruits like Bama, OSU, OU, etc. do........... 
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

tophawg19

Quote from: LZH on January 01, 2017, 07:37:00 pm
Hire them both and let em fistfight each Monday to see who gets to call the shots that week.
come on guys get it straight . it's Clint Conque as head coach . Venables as DC and Gus as Oc
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Kevin

Good gosh let butch Davis go.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

NoogaHog

Quote from: HogTakes on January 01, 2017, 05:40:11 pm
Names to watch in 2-3 years:

Chris Ash
Chad Morris
Charlie Pittman
Lane Kiffin
Mark Helfrich
Mike Norvell
Scott Frost

Who knows if Long would give Helfrich or Pittman a shot at bouncing back, but both have had their fair share of success at times. Kiffin is even more of a stretch, but worth watching at FAU.

Any others we should be watching while Bert continues to embarrass the university?

What's a Charlie Pittman? All I can find is some student who got 40 for killing his fiancee. Maybe it's supposed to be Sam Partridge.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Hognspace

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 01, 2017, 05:26:34 pm
There will not be a new head coach anytime in the next 2, 3 years unless Bret decides to leave.

That is our situation.

PRJ

Maybe we could get lucky and see him not Buffalo us anymore.  I'd set some Bills down to see him go but maybe he will find something more suited to his style of coaching.

King Kong

Chris Ash
Chad Morris
Charlie Pittman
Lane Kiffin
Mark Helfrich
Mike Norvell
Scott Frost

Who knows if Long would give Helfrich or Pittman a shot at bouncing back, but both have had their fair share of success at times. Kiffin is even more of a stretch, but worth watching at FAU.

Any others we should be watching while Bert continues to embarrass the university?

So much fail in this post

LZH

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 02, 2017, 02:23:43 pm
come on guys get it straight . it's Clint Conque as head coach . Venables as DC and Gus as Oc

I'd take it.....

PossumFan

Hayden Fox as head coach.

DC: Luther Van Dam.
OC: Wood Newton.

Pig In The City

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 01, 2017, 05:26:34 pm
There will not be a new head coach anytime in the next 2, 3 years unless Bret decides to leave.

That is our situation.

PRJ
He will leave as soon as he can. He can't afford to stay 3 more years with losing records. It would kill his career.

Hogs958

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 01, 2017, 04:38:19 pm
The thing is hindsight is 20/20.  Turns out we were actually better than the teams we beat.  TCU was vastly overrated when we played them..  OM and MSU had losing records.  FL isn't very good at all. 

MO was the only surprise this season.

FL didn't look too bad today. Not that it makes a difference.

Hogs958

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hogwild on January 01, 2017, 06:15:31 pm
In year 4, which was down year in the SEC, the only teams we were favored to beat were LA Tech, Texas State, and Alcorn State.  Think about that.
And Missouri.

I don't want anything to do with Kelley or Helfrich.  One is a jerk and a cheater and his players and coaches don't want to be around him.  The other is a nice guy but poor recruiter and not strong enough personality to command respect from his team.  Kind of complete opposites. 

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: HogTakes on January 01, 2017, 05:12:27 pm
I think there are a lot of good coaches out there that Arkansas would have a chance at if we fired Bielema. Unfortunately, we're likely looking at keeping him through the 2018 season at least (so long as Jeffie is here).

We wouldn't have to settle for Montgomery though. Chip Kelly is out of a job, Bears offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains would listen and I think we could tempt Fleck or Venables. I'd prefer an offensive mind who can spread out SEC defenses and give us something fun to watch even if we are only winning 7 times per year.

You're fine with losing 5 games as long as it's "fun"? Explain fun losses to me. I'm not familiar with them.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

dowils

Hollywood870

January 02, 2017, 08:41:55 pm #70 Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 09:00:06 pm by Hollywood870

Chris Ash
Chad Morris
Charlie Pittman
Lane Kiffin
Mark Helfrich
Mike Norvell
Scott Frost

I like Scott Frost, should have another improved year and would be a nice gamble. Bring me some of that old Nebraska style mixed with some new age spread option. I want.

hehawg

Quote from: lefty08 on January 01, 2017, 03:40:15 pm
Ummmmmm you don't have to act a fool during a game to hold people accountable

Saban does
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Qui Gon Jinn

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Hogs-n-Roses

Look,  PRJ and many others are right. Bielema isn't goin anywhere soon. Your lookin at it all wrong. Bielema is not at fault here. He was a bad hire and the guy who did that shouldn't be hiring anyone. Long is the problem. Prolly a cleaning off of the top. New Chancellor hires new AD who brings in or hires his coach.This is the process.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on January 02, 2017, 09:11:43 pm
Look,  PRJ and many others are right. Bielema isn't goin anywhere soon. Your lookin at it all wrong. Bielema is not at fault here. He was a bad hire and the guy who did that shouldn't be hiring anyone. Long is the problem. Prolly a cleaning off of the top. New Chancellor hires new AD who brings in or hires his coach.This is the process.
I'm thinking after next year....They gotta geaux.

Hogs-n-Roses

Some on this board would suggest that we're alright, its a work in progress, we're building something the right way and it takes lots more time, we're ok at 7-8 wins cuz we're po lil ole arky, can't recruit here, we've this disadvantage, that issue...We need one thing. All the Yankees go home. This ain't the big ten. They're out of their league. We go cheap. Bama pays their head coach more than we pay our whole staff.

duckman

CBB is the coach for at least two more years, period.  Long on the other hand....

Long's enemy is apathy.  If the butts aren't in the seats and the coach is locked in due to the contract he negotiated do the math.  The AD's responsibility in the end is to make money, if he doesn't, he is gone...

Sivad

Quote from: reddogjcss on January 01, 2017, 07:34:22 pm
We better be glad we don't play ARk State every year cause they would own us.
LOL. Makes me want to paraphrase Waylon:
Don't you think this complaining bit has done got out of hand?