Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching additions you would like to see.

Started by Hawghiggs, December 31, 2016, 09:52:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawghiggs

StoernerJonesFan

Pete Kwiatkowski (since Leavitt is unavailable) replacing Robb Smith

RebelliousHog

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on December 31, 2016, 10:32:07 am

Coach K part 2. No way can I pronounce that.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

BR

Would be a great pick up, you think he leaves a Championship Pac 12 Team for a run of the mill SEC Team... I know money could work out.. He makes $600,000 at UW, we could top that..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

bcdeputy

Dave Steckel... that's interesting.  My brother just said the same thing.  Could we get him?  I was thinking Karl Dunbar at D Coor, make Smith LB coach, move Hargraves to DB and get rid of Rhodes

bcdeputy

longpig

Quote from: bcdeputy on December 31, 2016, 11:24:05 am
Dave Steckel... that's interesting.  My brother just said the same thing.  Could we get him?  I was thinking Karl Dunbar at D Coor, make Smith LB coach, move Hargraves to DB and get rid of Rhodes

Yeh, he ain't exactly setting the world on fire as an HC at Mo. St. but had phenomenal defenses at Mizzou.  It'd be a short move from Jerry Springerfield to NWA and the money would be comparable.  He may even prefer working for Bielema after all the off the field issues he had to endure at Mizzou.  Guy has a hell of a nose for under the radar D line talent.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hoot72

I don't know that CRS is going anywhere, but if he does, I think I would like to Bob Diaco as the DC.  I really think that I would like to see Charlie Partridge come back to the DL (and assistant head coach) if Segrest leaves.  I hope CPR will stay another year. 

colbs

Bob Diaco for RS and Partridge for Segrest.

ballz2thewall

i think ANYBODY can replace rob smith. don't spend a lot of money; just replace him.
The rest of the frog.

LA Football fan

My biggest wish was for Kiffin to replace Saban but that fell through.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 31, 2016, 09:52:54 am
Sean Kugler for Kurt Anderson.

Immediate upgrade for the least experienced OL coach in all of the SEC.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawghiggs

Großer Kriegschwein

I can agree that Diaco, Partridge and Kugler would be awesome.
This is my non-signature signature.

reddogjcss

I would like to see young coaches full of fire and very vocal

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Fatty McGee

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

HamSammich

Chris Pedersen for CBB.  Condoleza Rice for mr integrity....... then get ready for the playoffs

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 01, 2017, 07:05:06 pm
Urban Meyer for Bret Bielema. 

He faked heart conditions just to get out of his contract at Florida after just winning back to back Natty's....

I doubt he ever leaves his beloved OSU
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Great Hambino

Quote from: colbs on December 31, 2016, 11:38:17 am
Bob Diaco for RS and Partridge for Segrest.

This one will happen within the week if it is going to happen.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HamSammich on January 01, 2017, 07:05:30 pm
Chris Pedersen for CBB.  Condoleza Rice for mr integrity....... then get ready for the playoffs

Neither of your choices would leave their West Coast institutios for 5 Times what their making now....Why not throw Gruden in the mix since you're not being serious
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HamSammich

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 01, 2017, 07:13:36 pm
Neither of your choices would leave their West Coast institutios for 5 Times what their making now....Why not throw Gruden in the mix since you're not being serious

Lil ole arkansas huh???? Won't know till we try. Pedersen might be a no go. He'll probably is. But we don't know till we try.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HamSammich on January 01, 2017, 07:16:06 pm
Lil ole arkansas huh???? Won't know till we try. Pedersen might be a no go. He'll probably is. But we don't know till we try.

Maybe we have tried.  lil ole Arkansas isn't a great job.  Frank knew what was coming, and bolted for the AD seat.  JMO.

We should just higher Saban or Dabo or Meyer or...
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HamSammich on January 01, 2017, 07:16:06 pm

What does lil ole Arkansas have to do with people very, very happy Living & Residing in PAC12 country.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

GoHogs1091

Dan Roushar   Offensive Line

Career history
As coach:

Butler (1986–88)
Offensive backfield coach

Butler (1989–1992)
Offensive coordinator & offensive line coach

Rhode Island (1993)
Offensive line coach

Ball State (1994)
Offensive coordinator & quarterbacks coach

Illinois (1995)
Quarterbacks coach

Illinois (1996)
Offensive tackles & tight ends coach

Northern Illinois (1997)
Offensive line coach

Northern Illinois (1998–2002)
Offensive coordinator & quarterbacks coach

Illinois (2003)
Running backs coach

Illinois (2004)
Offensive coordinator & running backs coach

Cincinnati (2005–2006)
Offensive line coach

Michigan State (2007–2010)
Offensive line coach

Michigan State (2011–2012)
Offensive coordinator & tight ends coach

New Orleans Saints (2013–2014)
Running backs coach

New Orleans Saints (2015)
Tight ends coach

New Orleans Saints (2016–present)
Offensive Line coach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Roushar

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/coaches/Dan-Roushar/cf733117-3abb-4695-8409-1f3254aac84a

Gary Gibbs   Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers

Gibbs' Oklahoma Sooners Defense led the nation in Total Defense for 3 consecutive years (1985, 1986, and 1987).

Nick Saban did not start having dominant Defenses until after he spent 1 season working with Gibbs (Gibbs coached at LSU in 2001). 

http://www.chiefs.com/team/coaches/gary-gibbs/be32eeea-67a7-48df-a167-55d16a99309c

Jim Jeffcoat   Defensive Line

http://www.cubuffs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1064&path=football

Tim Duffie   Cornerbacks

"The downfield coverage from Duffie's cornerbacks played a significant role in the Cowboys finishing the 2015 season ranked sixth nationally in sacks."

http://www.okstate.com/coaches.aspx?rc=27

Mike Archer   Safeties

Coaching career

1976–1977   Miami (FL) (GA)
1978   Miami (FL) (assistant)
1979–1983   Miami (FL) (DB)
1984   LSU (DB)
1985–1986   LSU (DC/DB)
1987–1990   LSU
1991–1992   Virginia (LB)
1993–1994   Kentucky (DC/LB)
1995   Kentucky (AHC/DC/LB)
1996–2002   Pittsburgh Steelers (LB)
2003–2006   Kentucky (DC)
2007–2012   NC State (DC)
2014   Virginia (S)
2015   Virginia (Assoc. HC/LB)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Archer_(American_football)

bearmkt

Shame they couldn't get Steve Atwater to help on defense side

Hawghiggs

Dominicanhog

if someone leaves or if we add a 10th coach, I'd like to see C. Partridge return in some capacity, and also a coach with more Texas ties....

I could realistically see a new DC and if so, I'd like to see Rhoads given a chance and a DB coach with Texas roots...

SquidBilly

Any chance we could get Steve Caldwell back?  He's out at Boise State with Bryan Harsin.  His Dlines were really good when he was here and Boise State's DLines are really good now.  Bring him in for DLine and make him co-DC with Rhoads and lets improve this defense.

hawgtime

A SLAM Dunk recruiter or two.  a hard nosed defensive coach.  then let Enos do his thing unimpeded.

nothing huge... (smiling)

hawgtime

Quote from: reddogjcss on January 01, 2017, 07:00:54 pm
I would like to see young coaches full of fire and very vocal

that would help with recruiting

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 01, 2017, 03:46:51 pm
Trooper Taylor

Might as well have the NCAA police on speed dial then..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 02, 2017, 10:27:53 am
Might as well have the NCAA police on speed dial then..........................

It doesn't have to be that way.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Atleast take the time to spell his name correctly

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The Great Hambino on January 01, 2017, 07:09:45 pm
This one will happen within the week if it is going to happen.

Nothing will happen until the AFCA Conference which is normally around the middle of the month.

PonderinHog

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

colbs

Whose Chris Pedersen?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: colbs on January 02, 2017, 01:21:52 pm
Whose Chris Pedersen?

Coaches the Philadelphia Huskies or Washington Eagles.  Always get those two confused.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawghiggs

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 02, 2017, 01:33:18 pm
He's done very well as ASU lead recruiter.

Do you honestly think the NCAA police cares what may or may not happen in Jonesboro.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 03, 2017, 01:11:52 am
Do you honestly think the NCAA police cares what may or may not happen in Jonesboro.

Yes I do.

JackJohnson

LOL he isn't leaving Peterson for a lateral job working for Bert

The_Iceman

Inhogswetrust

Scott7703

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 02, 2017, 01:33:18 pm
He's done very well as ASU lead recruiter.

Id take him in a heartbeat. We say we want recruiters then we nitpick every elite recruiter brought up.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 03, 2017, 07:42:57 am

Id take him in a heartbeat. We say we want recruiters then we nitpick every elite recruiter brought up.

Right? If we had both Trooper Taylor and Charlie Partridge on staff. I bet we would see an uptick in recruiting.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 01, 2017, 07:07:48 pm
He faked heart conditions just to get out of his contract at Florida after just winning back to back Natty's....

I doubt he ever leaves his beloved OSU
There was also the affair that led his wife to help him fake that heart attack.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."